Governor Schwarzenegger Thread - Edit 11-18-2003 Arnold goes to work immediately to rebuild California, Best Wishes Gov

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I predict he will easily win and congratulate him.

I would be extremely surprised if he did not win and would feel even more sorry for Californians and the situation they are enduring under total mismanagement of that State.

This also clearly shows Partisan Politics is not completely to blame. Either party can be lousy Managers and squander away everything.

Edit 10-8-2003 Arnold wins as predicted here, Congrats!!! :beer::D:beer:

11-18-2003 He immediately suspended all negative actions by previous Governor Davis, calls in Legislative Session.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
We need more poplulist candidates like Arnold (I won't even try and spell his last name). This Dem Rep thing all needs to go. All nasty only supporting a small minority of thier people and special intrests.

Congrats Terminator.:)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
They need to cleam house with the State Reps and Senators (both parties) before any significant change can be made there.

naddicott

Jul 3, 2002
I predict more people will vote to keep Gov. Davis (by voting "no" on the recall) than vote to elect Schwarzenegger, and yet Arnold will become Governor anyway. Democracy at its finest.
rolleye.gif

[edit: This thread was titled something like "make your predictions for the election" when this post was made. I predicted wrong.]

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
I do admire insurgent candidates (check my sig), but I wonder if Arnold has the brains and the experience to be California governor. That's probably the toughest state to govern. Will he be a CEO governor and delegate responsibilities around the room, only making final decisions? I would rather have a strong governor who immerses himself in the details and comes out with the answer. Of course, the media and other politicians should always keep a close eye on such a governor to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
I do admire insurgent candidates (check my sig), but I wonder if Arnold has the brains and the experience to be California governor. That's probably the toughest state to govern. Will he be a CEO governor and delegate responsibilities around the room, only making final decisions? I would rather have a strong governor who immerses himself in the details and comes out with the answer. Of course, the media and other politicians should always keep a close eye on such a governor to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.

That seems to the plan and has to better than the current California Regim.. er Administration.

Just noticed you sig with Dean there, good for you.

Another Prediction, Dean will get Democratic Nomination and will beat Bush.

Only question is who will be the VP running Mate.
Looks like Hillary is the most probable at this point, Clark already declined.

Hillary would accept as then she would be in a position to go for first Woman President after Dean.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
I don't wanna go OT, but since this is your thread and you went OT I guess I can too. ;)

As for Clark as the running mate, has he ruled it out totally? I know he declined it and then decided to make his own run for the nomination, but I think if Dean ends up winning the nomination, Clark would be open to becoming his running mate.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

That seems to the plan and has to better than the current California Regim.. er Administration.

Hillary would accept as then she would be in a position to go for first Woman President after Dean.

california regime?

you do realilze regime = A government in power; administration

maybe fox news gave it the negative connotation you attempt to manifest - but otherwise you've demonstrated your willingness to swallow all the crap the media shoves down your narrow throat.

i'm glad that democracy doesn't really exist in america - as is evident with this stupid recall and the presidential election of 2000. You people are too stupid to make politically oriented decisions anyway.

First we have a former pothead/moron as president - now we're debating whether a former bodybuilder is trusted to run california. Why would you trust any politician in the first place? You neither have an understanding of politics, nor are able to grasp the concept that corruption comes w. power.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Pers

california regime?

maybe fox news gave it the negative connotation you attempt to manifest - but otherwise you've demonstrated your willingness to swallow all the crap the media shoves down your narrow throat.

i'm glad that democracy doesn't really exist in america - as is evident with this stupid recall and the presidential election of 2000. You people are too stupid to make politically oriented decisions anyway.

First we have a former pothead/moron as president - now we're debating whether a former bodybuilder is trusted to run california. Why would you trust any politician in the first place? You neither have an understanding of politics, nor are able to grasp the concept that corruption comes w. power.

Who are you talking to?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I don't wanna go OT, but since this is your thread and you went OT I guess I can too. ;)

As for Clark as the running mate, has he ruled it out totally? I know he declined it and then decided to make his own run for the nomination, but I think if Dean ends up winning the nomination, Clark would be open to becoming his running mate.

Clark would surely be a part of the Administration but not neccessary to win the Election. Hillary would bring in enough of the women and other votes to secure the victory, Clark would not. This is why I'm sure they (Dems) would go with the Dean/Clinton ticket.

superant23

May 26, 2003
i think there are going to be some last second change of hearts in the voting booths, and who shows up to vote anyway?, my prediction - davis stays

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Pers

california regime?

I agree, most people are to ill-educated about certain matters to be able to make a truely informed decision about how their country should be run (or rather, who their country should be run by).
But what else can be done? Basically getting elected is a popularity contest (as is being highlighted by Arnold and how much support he has), and that's just the way the system works, most of the time, unless someone bends the rules to sort their needs (in which case it's a power contest).

I would also agree, politicians cannot be trusted, it's an inherent characteristic of politicians, they have to try and please everyone, hence they say things to appeal to everyone, and something of it has to be a lie.

But there's no real way to win in any situation involving giving someone power.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
This recall is a direct threat to democracy. Fat cats should not be allowed to underwrite democratic proceedings. I hope whoever wins this farce of an elections meets an early exit.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Dari
This recall is a direct threat to democracy. Fat cats should not be allowed to underwrite democratic proceedings. I hope whoever wins this farce of an elections meets an early exit.

What about Davis & his fat cats bleeding Californians dry?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Then Californians should've fired him last year when he was up for re-election. This recall is absolutely wrong and it is farcical.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Then Californians should've fired him last year when he was up for re-election. This recall is absolutely wrong and it is farcical.
Well if the CA Republicans wouldn't have run a Corrupt Bible Thumping UC Dipwad against him they would have "fired" him.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Are you another one that has not been paying attention? Davis hid the fact of the 40 Billion budget deficit until after the election.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Are you another one that has not been paying attention? Davis hid the fact of the 40 Billion budget deficit until after the election.
No he didn't. The facts were a matter of public record.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
It will take at least 3 days to count the votes and probably at least 3 months in the Courts but there has been a record turnout of Voters in California.

I am sure they turned out to ditch the bleeding Davis and put the Terminator in with a staff of the best from the private sector to help California recover as fast as it possibly can. Congrats Arnold and California.

California recall election
Early exit polls show Davis recalled, Schwarzenegger leads

10-8-2003 Davis Recalled, Arnold Leads

By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - Californians banished Gray Davis on Tuesday, capping an extraordinary political melodrama by recalling the governor just 11 months after they re-elected him. Exit polls indicated Hollywood action hero Arnold Schwarzenegger was leading the field of candidates to replace him.

Davis became the first California governor pried from office and only the second nationwide to be recalled, in a remarkable campaign that featured one of the planet's best-known entertainers and captivated an international audience.