Governor Jesse Ventura laments his ignorance concerning 9/11

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Governor Jesse Ventura laments his ignorance concerning 9/11 after reading 16 books on the subject. It's taken him awhile but he's finally reached a conclusion. He apologizes to Americans for not seeing then what he does now and regrets being blinded while he was in a position of power.
Another crackpot into the pool of crazies.:D

---------------------------------------------------------------
Take this to OT if the Mods there will allow it.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404
Governor Jesse Ventura laments his ignorance concerning 9/11 after reading 16 books on the subject. It's taken him awhile but he's finally reached a conclusion. He apologizes to Americans for not seeing then what he does now and regrets being blinded while he was in a position of power.
Another crackpot into the pool of crazies.:D

but but... wtc7 didn't look like a controlled demolition at all. no way jose. impossible.

he must've spent too much time underwater as a navy seal... not enough oxygen. yeah. that's it.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
Theres so much fishy around 9/11 it just about makes a thinking man sick.

The accepted conclusion in most intellectual circles is that at minimum they allowed it to happen, and its most likely the administration were involved in some way.

Argue individual points back and forth all people wish to do, but all you need to know is that all White House emails from 2001-2003 are gone. It's not like that's it for the evidence against the administration. :disgust: That's just the tip of the iceburg you could write multiple books on this subject.

So look the other way, or open your eyes. People are convicted of murder with less circumstantial evidence than we have on 9/11. I think the nation won't be ready to face the reality of this event until all the baby boomer generation is dead and gone. If not until my generation is dead and gone.

There's just too much profit in this war for so many companies, toss in an agenda friendly to Israel and Oil, keep the average joe thinking its a big Stars and Stripes affair and you have yourself one very sick, yet sustainable venture.

Even as 9/11 sits, it warranted a mission to get Al-Qaeda at most. Not a "war", a War against Al-Qaeda I could understand though possibly if truly necessary. But "war on terror" is pure unadulterated propoganda for a vague drawn out conflict where they simply shape the world they way the American elites see fit.. when every culture, yes even Arabic (I know I'm unamerican).. deserves to be left alone and maintain total sovereignty over their own lands.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Obsoleet

So look the other way, or open your eyes. People are convicted of murder with less circumstantial evidence than we have on 9/11. I think the nation won't be ready to face the reality of this event until all the baby boomer generation is dead and gone. If not until my generation is dead and gone.

The thousands of times in the past year when I asked myself "could this really be reall?" A sanity check so to speak...I always came back to the law of probability. I know nothing for sure but the number of coincidences and happenings with great odds pile up to a point that eventually the likelihood of them all occurring concurrently becomes impossible. Circumstantial is the correct word. Mountain upon mountain of circumstantial evidence. I honestly do understand why people not only don't believe any of the conspiracy theories but refuse to even consider them. It's just too painful.
Just too damned painful. That and coming to accept a conclusion any different than the official story is like escaping the matrix and entering wonderland at the same time. Those things aren't supposed to happen in the rational uniform world.

Comanche

May 8, 2005
In this world of comunication, do you honestly believe that a conspiracy as big as this could be pulled off? Someone, somewhere, would be sure to blab. This is just another one of those "conspiracy theories".

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Comanche
In this world of comunication, do you honestly believe that a conspiracy as big as this could be pulled off? Someone, somewhere, would be sure to blab. This is just another one of those "conspiracy theories".

That's a very logical statement. Nonetheless it flies in the face of mounds of evidence. When the 9/11 families are crying for another investigation and the 9/11 report never mentions what happened to wtc7 there are obviously some major questions that haven't been answered. Why not just have another investigation? If it was an all out effort and transparent you could probably shut up 80% of the conspiracy theorists in the U.S. So what's the harm? What's a few million dollars for an investigation in the face of a multi trillion dollar war? Why not?

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
I left the "official story" when I looked around me one day, reviewed everything I'd been told (all the numerous reasons for going to war, oil, democracy ect ect)... looked at the price per barrel of crude, the price at the pump, and the declining dollar.

Lemme say, as an extremely conservative individual (in the true sense of the word) I could see this war working out if the people paying the price for the war were getting a cut.
But we're not. We're making oilmen rich, losing our families in Iraq, and the value of the dollar is being deciminated due to this war on top of it. The implications of that is all middle class America's hard earned savings are sucked dry.

The rich don't care, they are fine. The poor don't notice, they didn't have any financial wealth anyway. The middle class working man is raped by this war, and might lose his sons to top it off. That price is usually paid by the poor who are disadvantaged enough they can't afford to put their kids in college so they join the service.
Middle class pays financially the most, lower class pays in blood.

What people need to realize is how deadly serious this is, this isn't Vietnam. It's far worse, this is a Crusade, against and to pacify Islam and a quest to obtain the world's resources.

I tell my Muslim friends like it is, this is a war against your religion and to rape your land of its natural resources. I also inform them that no, most of us don't support it.
Let's stop beating around the "bush". That's all it is. If you think for a minute about the world, there's really only one force left resistant to bowing down to worshipping money and consumer culture, thats Islam.
It would be the greatest tragedy for mankind to have Islam pacified as some wish.

The #1 threat to world peace isnt terrorism. It's zionism. Terrorism is a tactic used when someone feels extremely threatened or desperate, in the case of the middle east, their reaction is tame compared to how I'd react if China invaded the west coast of the USA to "enlighten us" with their ways. I can promise I'd fight for my country to the death in that case. But I'm not fighting, nor will I send others in my stead to fight in Halliburton's Army or to throw people off their own land.

So I don't think its impossible for anyone but the most self-blinding individuals to wake up. Some people desperately require a sense of assurity in their life, the status quo provides that just as you said.

We teach our children to not steal, not lie, have good sportsmanship and be humble. Yet adults who run the world break every single rule we tell our children.
We steal oil that isn't ours, we lie because the ends always justify the means, and theres nothing honorable about humility we flaunt our power worldwide like a spoiled brat.

We shot our wad in the mideast and destroyed the US dollar to do it thru loans and printing money, if we'd gotten Al-Qaeda in a years time after 9/11 and focused on our economy with the billion dollars a day with things such as getting off oil and pushing electric cars we'd be much better off.

Our military is being used to defend private companies and Israel, but this sort of thing where nation states act in the interests of it's corporations is something everyone might as well get used to because America has lost control of its politicians and you can spot the bad ones by seeing who doesn't abide by his oath to the Constitution.
The politicians who betray their oaths are traitors and so is every American who supports their actions.

This subject is not only a big deal, but it angers me to think about how much my country is being raped by zionists and oilmen when there are still Americans who believe in our foundations.

Nothing good can come out of Iraq. Nothing good ever comes from killing people. Death is final and to my fellow Americans, even fellow so-called Christians its a big f'n joke. As my sig states these cowards should sign up and fight their crusade. Time to quit letting others die in your stead.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007

Modern communication? Like emails?

Funny thing about conspiracies and secrets is sometimes the biggest ones are right in front of our faces, people just refuse to even take a look.
If you look at the evidence, yes, it was big and yes they pulled it off people just refuse to read or go outside their comfort zone.

Just think about Bush, he said he doesn't care about getting Osama.
What kind of traitor doesn't care about Osama? That alone screams something is amiss. Osama is America's enemy #1, so or we are to believe, so why not get him?

Because we need a boogeyman around always to continue unjust wars or what?
It's so obvious our government is doing nothing in our best interests from the borders, to the mideast, to taxes, to dedicating itself to the daily work required to maintaining peace that the answer is damning.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
I left the "official story" when I looked around me one day, reviewed everything I'd been told (all the numerous reasons for going to war, oil, democracy ect ect)... looked at the price per barrel of crude, the price at the pump, and the declining dollar.

Lemme say, as an extremely conservative individual (in the true sense of the word) I could see this war working out if the people paying the price for the war were getting a cut.
But we're not. We're making oilmen rich, losing our families in Iraq, and the value of the dollar is being deciminated due to this war on top of it. The implications of that is all middle class America's hard earned savings are sucked dry.

The rich don't care, they are fine. The poor don't notice, they didn't have any financial wealth anyway. The middle class working man is raped by this war, and might lose his sons to top it off. That price is usually paid by the poor who are disadvantaged enough they can't afford to put their kids in college so they join the service.
Middle class pays financially the most, lower class pays in blood.

What people need to realize is how deadly serious this is, this isn't Vietnam. It's far worse, this is a Crusade, against and to pacify Islam and a quest to obtain the world's resources.

I tell my Muslim friends like it is, this is a war against your religion and to rape your land of its natural resources. I also inform them that no, most of us don't support it.
Let's stop beating around the "bush". That's all it is. If you think for a minute about the world, there's really only one force left resistant to bowing down to worshipping money and consumer culture, thats Islam.
It would be the greatest tragedy for mankind to have Islam pacified as some wish.

The #1 threat to world peace isnt terrorism. It's zionism. Terrorism is a tactic used when someone feels extremely threatened or desperate, in the case of the middle east, their reaction is tame compared to how I'd react if China invaded the west coast of the USA to "enlighten us" with their ways. I can promise I'd fight for my country to the death in that case. But I'm not fighting, nor will I send others in my stead to fight in Halliburton's Army or to throw people off their own land.

So I don't think its impossible for anyone but the most self-blinding individuals to wake up. Some people desperately require a sense of assurity in their life, the status quo provides that just as you said.

We teach our children to not steal, not lie, have good sportsmanship and be humble. Yet adults who run the world break every single rule we tell our children.
We steal oil that isn't ours, we lie because the ends always justify the means, and theres nothing honorable about humility we flaunt our power worldwide like a spoiled brat.

We shot our wad in the mideast and destroyed the US dollar to do it thru loans and printing money, if we'd gotten Al-Qaeda in a years time after 9/11 and focused on our economy with the billion dollars a day with things such as getting off oil and pushing electric cars we'd be much better off.

Our military is being used to defend private companies and Israel, but this sort of thing where nation states act in the interests of it's corporations is something everyone might as well get used to because America has lost control of its politicians and you can spot the bad ones by seeing who doesn't abide by his oath to the Constitution.
The politicians who betray their oaths are traitors and so is every American who supports their actions.

This subject is not only a big deal, but it angers me to think about how much my country is being raped by zionists and oilmen when there are still Americans who believe in our foundations.

Nothing good can come out of Iraq. Nothing good ever comes from killing people. Death is final and to my fellow Americans, even fellow so-called Christians its a big f'n joke. As my sig states these cowards should sign up and fight their crusade. Time to quit letting others die in your stead.

It's interesting how we can be so close on some issues and so far apart on others. From my perspective the United States has hijacked the cause of Zionism for it's own devices. Zionism is merely to keep the state of Israel. Israel doesn't take land but it has historically given it back such as in the six day war when Israel gave huge swaths of land back to the Arabs including a massive section of Sinai. The U.S. does not wish to pacify Islam. Islam is an asset for the U.S. Without radical Islam there would be no war and no excuse for us to enter the middle east. If the Arabs were walking in peace as Gandhis people did we wouldn't be there. So you see we use Islam in the exact same fashion that the CIA used Al Queda. I would encourage you to consider these things and read up on the true history of the Jews. Much of the worlds problems have been blamed on the Jews and much of history is filled with misinformation. The "I like Jews but hate Zionism" argument is a form of racism in disguise brought about often through misinformation. I assure you that the nation of Israel is no more evil than any other nation.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
i dont really know if i buy into any 9/11 conspiracy theories..but ive always felt this argument to be lacking..whos to say that a lot of people were involved? all it would take is a few people with more information than the rest of the people and they could simply influence policy (under the pretenses of other reasons) ..

someone with knowledge of how we react to situations such as hijacked planes etc..

another thing that always bothers me is how certain people try to pretend (or maybe simply dont know) that the idea of planes being hijacked and flown into buildings was never thought of...this is completely false..our intelligence agencies were well aware of this concept...from my understanding they actually built the the WTC buildings with the belief that they would withstand a plane crashing into them (although the reasons for this may have been purely in relation to an accidental crash and not because they actually thought someone would hijack them)

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: LumbergTech
i dont really know if i buy into any 9/11 conspiracy theories..but ive always felt this argument to be lacking..whos to say that a lot of people were involved? all it would take is a few people with more information than the rest of the people and they could simply influence policy (under the pretenses of other reasons) ..

someone with knowledge of how we react to situations such as hijacked planes etc..

another thing that always bothers me is how certain people try to pretend (or maybe simply dont know) that the idea of planes being hijacked and flown into buildings was never thought of...this is completely false..our intelligence agencies were well aware of this concept...from my understanding they actually built the the WTC buildings with the belief that they would withstand a plane crashing into them (although the reasons for this may have been purely in relation to an accidental crash and not because they actually thought someone would hijack them)

It may be lacking but then there hasn't been a full investigation. Would you consider the 9/11 report conclusive? It is not only lacking but is in fact a complete joke. So why not have a thorough investigation?
What is so radical about asking for an honest and thorough investigation?

One of the most compelling photos I've seen.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005

It may be lacking but then there hasn't been a full investigation. Would you consider the 9/11 report conclusive? It is not only lacking but is in fact a complete joke. So why not have a thorough investigation?

maybe i wasnt clear enough, that is the point that i was trying to make..

regardless of if one feels that theres no way that there is a conspiracy,

i still think that the american people deserve to know what the hell happened that day one way or another..

im sick of this protect us from ourselves mentality that we are being forced into accepting..

we want to know what the hell happened, quit withholding videos etc..many american citizens died in these attacks and we want to know exactly what happened and how..

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

i still think that the american people deserve to know what the hell happened that day one way or another..

im sick of this protect us from ourselves mentality that we are being forced into accepting..

we want to know what the hell happened, quit withholding videos etc..many american citizens died in these attacks and we want to know exactly what happened and how..

Oh gotcha.:thumbsup:

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999

Oh gotcha.:thumbsup:

and what exactly does that photo show? Some melted steel?

Well it's no surprise I mean after all lets use some common sense here people.....jet fuel was not the only thing burning....the BUILDING was on fire....as it is fed with oxygen it burns hotter and hotter....enough to melt ALL the steel?...certainly not but definitely hot enough to WEAKEN the steel to cause it to buckle....but hey....why look at science, reason, physics and all the other crap that actually explains what happened?....lets let the imagination run wild and see what we can come up with.

what part of "a group of religious zealots managed to infiltrate our society, live among us learn the basics of flying a plane to crash into a building" don't you understand?

No one wants to investigate the Oklahoma City bombing...why? cause it was just some crazy white guy with some fertilizer...case closed.

No one wants to investigate the first WTC...because it was just a couple of crazy religious nuts with a rental truck and some more fertilizer....case closed.

You have such a hard time believing what these guys...this group could not come up with such an intricate plan.....they had lots of time to figure it out....and hell they probably got the inspiration form some movie or TV show....who knows...but they did manage to pull it off.

is it any real surprise that a religious wacko would want to inflict damage on those that they do not approve of?.....I give all the abortion clinic bombings we had in this country....our own form of homegrown terrorism.... as one simple example religion can create such monsters even in our own backyard and they were under the radar the entire time.....these guys just took it to another level.....they had the desire, influence, experience from those that tried and failed and they had the will.....remember...we are dealing with a mindset believes in and promotes suicide bombings, that kind of will for destruction is hard to combat.....so is it REALLY that difficult to believe that a group of men willing to sacrifice their lives in order to try and bring about the fall of this country would be willing to fly some fuel loaded planes into some of the monuments that represent of the power of this nation?....is it really?

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007

I completely agree. I don't really have a dog in the race either, I'm completely unaffiliated with the political parties who have a stake in the current conflict, I just want the truth and everything on the table. I'm an American, we deserve that and I'm going to be suspicious until they release those videos.

I see no reason why they'd be withheld at all.

It's like flipping the logic "why do you care if the gov't spys on you if you're not doing anything wrong?"
Why does the gov't care if they aren't doing anything wrong either?

Yeah I know, we're asking too much.

From my perspective the United States has hijacked the cause of Zionism for it's own devices. Zionism is merely to keep the state of Israel. The "I like Jews but hate Zionism" argument is a form of racism in disguise brought about often through misinformation. I assure you that the nation of Israel is no more evil than any other nation.

I just look at the facts of how many Palestinians they've killed, it doesnt appear to be "defense" as I would define it (no, my definition is not GWB's). I wholeheartedly disagree that anti-zionism = anti-Jew.
I simply believe that what we did post-WW2 was wrong. Why put Israel there? Germany did the crime, why should the Arabs pay with losing their land? Because the Brits had an empire there and we could push them around? Ah, so might IS right. What was done was wrong plain and simple. There are Jews who would agree with me on theological and moral grounds on this. Some believe there should be no Jewish nation.

Maybe Israel was created as dual purpose, as a Western proxy state, as you sort of allude to as "zionism being hijacked by the USA". I don't know. I think it probably works both ways, but theres no doubt the majority of Jews are zionists because my Jewish friends do not like me much knowing I refuse to support our current war for Israel.
Lets face it, we're fighting their "enemies" for them.

I do know if I look at the situation with a fair unbiased eye, the Arabs have every right to be pissed at Israel and the West.
We're wrong, they are right. I'd die for my lands too if China invaded the USA or even Canada. I'd want foreign powers to stay the hell out of our business.
Bush and guys who agree with him are lucky there's still true patriots around who will defend this country when it really IS under attack. They're going to have so many people demoralized after countless pointless wars that no one will recognize a true threat when it does come.
We've about hit the "crying wolf" point in the USA already.

What we can start doing, is the right thing by getting out of their lands, and pulling funds from Israel.
It's not right to charge the working American to give handouts to Israel and its not right to ask us to pay in blood to occupy Arab lands.

I'm a 100% European descent American, believe me I have no sympathies, nor am I even a Muslim. I'm a Methodist with strong beliefs. The truth is the truth though, as contrary as the truth might be to our nations actions have been in the past century. If I were to listen to the evangelical interpretation of scripture I should "support Israel". Uh huh. Thanks but no thanks falwell. I'll avoid WW3 for now if I can, but enjoy hell yourself for propogating death and destruction.

As an American, I'm highly distrustful of both sides in the middle eastern conflict and we should have stayed out of that region as much as possible. Pulling out immediately is in everybodys best interests. No more blood on American hands, we're going to go down in history as a bunch of spoiled brats.

It's not our oil! It's that simple.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Wheezer
and what exactly does that photo show? Some melted steel?
I assume Perry thinks that these beams were not fractured but actually cut. An alternative explanation is that it shows steel that fractured in a brittle failure mode. I don't think this is necessarily unexpected, as dynamic stresses during the collapse of a skyscraper would certainly be sufficient to induce this type of failure. I'll admit that I'm not an expert in fracture mechanics, but I don't see this as outside the realm of possibility.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
is it any real surprise that a religious wacko would want to inflict damage on those that they do not approve of

I'm one of your "religous wackos" and my religion dictates that the war in Iraq is wrong and illegal morally and based in scripture.

You don't need religion to murder, see PRC, USSR, crazy white men with guns et al. Any dogmatic system of control can be misused. Many, if properly applied are positive. Imagine a world of deeply religious buddhists. No ones going to submit to buddhism on such a scale and not give in to the desire to stab their fellow man in the face for a dollar, or just for sheer fun.
But it's a possibility if men give up their ego.

My beliefs are what molded my politics of libertarianism and peace. If you're a Christian, you simply cannot support McCain or Hillary or even Obama.
Jesus would not invade Pakistan. As far as my understanding of my religion, this isn't a Christian country at all.

No one wants to face the facts on anything because it's so unpleasant, but its also liberating. Christianity is a religion of peace and I believe there might be a special place in Hell for those who propogate this war for profit. I can't concieve anything more evil.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999

The truth, in my opinion, is somewhere in the middle.

Did the administration plan this out and perpetrate it? Psh, no way. That's pretty ridiculous. First, I doubt they are that evil and would go that far--they want power but they have limits come on....and second, there's just no way they are that competent.

Did they majorly take advantage of it happening? Hell yes.

Were a few people in government involved? Of course they were! To not believe that there were a few of our own people involved in helping this happen is just stupid and niave. However I am not saying our government itself was behind it! Just think about it:

The terrorists behind this were, despite what the 9/11 official report said, well funded! They had tons of cash! Bin laden himself is, by all accounts, rich as hell. Worth millions. Whether or not you believe he was behind it doesn't really matter I suppose. If it wasn't bin laden whoever came up with the plot very likely had a shit-load of money! There are reputable reports of hundreds of thousands being wired from Pakistan, etc, etc.

Now...think about this for a few minutes. Someone with huge cash resources would easily be able to find a few people on the inside to help them out. It's highly likely the terrorists paid some people on the inside.

As repulsive as this sounds, think about it. Try to think like a terrorist trying to pull a plot like this off. Would you find some insiders that you could blackmail and/or were bitter and would side with you for a significant amount of cash and/or the potential to get filthy filthy rich with stock market manipulation to make absolutely sure your plot would succeed? Imagine you have millions at your disposal...

Think about it...If the government had evidence that a few insiders were bribed/paid/whatever to work with the enemy, that would be EXTREMELY demoralizing for the public to find out and would be a pretty damn good thing to make sure the public never found out about (if I was the government trying to keep the populace happy).

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Where's the evidence that there was an administration conspiracy? AFAIK, everything has been debunked.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
is it any real surprise that a religious wacko would want to inflict damage on those that they do not approve of

I'm one of your "religous wackos" and my religion dictates that the war in Iraq is wrong and illegal morally and based in scripture.

You don't need religion to murder, see PRC, USSR, crazy white men with guns et al. Any dogmatic system of control can be misused. Many, if properly applied are positive. Imagine a world of deeply religious buddhists. No ones going to submit to buddhism on such a scale and not give in to the desire to stab their fellow man in the face for a dollar, or just for sheer fun.
But it's a possibility if men give up their ego.

My beliefs are what molded my politics of libertarianism and peace. If you're a Christian, you simply cannot support McCain or Hillary or even Obama.
Jesus would not invade Pakistan. As far as my understanding of my religion, this isn't a Christian country at all.

No one wants to face the facts on anything because it's so unpleasant, but its also liberating. Christianity is a religion of peace and I believe there might be a special place in Hell for those who propogate this war for profit. I can't concieve anything more evil.

Hate to burst your bubble, but go read the old testament. Start with Judges. Then go to Samuel....a healthy dose of Exodus isn't to shabby either.