Government union wants 'Duck Dynasty' fans fired

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Two senior management officials put "I support Phil" stickers on their personal vehicles, one of the men put a decal in his office and offered to hand out decals to employees.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014...versy-rocks-air-force-base/?intcmp=latestnews

Seems to me this is an example of people being hyper-sensitive.

Is the union going to have people who have NRA stickers on their personal vehicles fired? What about a cross, star of david or symbol of islam?

I can "somewhat" understand people being upset about someone bringing politics into an office. But to want someone fired for it seems extreme.

Will those same people demand the firing of people who display the symbol of islam because islam suppresses womens rights?

Orthodox jews suppress womens rights. Should the employees demand anyone who displays a star of david be fired?

What about someone who wears nike shoes in their offtime? Companies like nike exploit cheap labor and sometimes child labor overseas.

Where does this hyper-sensitivity end?

Are you really so stupid you just don't get the fact that the sticker is supporting Phil's religiously inspired gay bashing rants? Do you think they are supporting Phil's duck hunting schtick or being a media prostitute for baby Jesus? Or supporting Phil's rights to marry the ugliest duck in the pond?

But the fact is the sticker is supporting Phil's right to be homophobic fucktard. Otherwise, this sticker wouldn't be an issue at all

Faux News fake outrage not found. TexassHiker's homophobic anti-gay agenda for posting trashy gay bashing news articles on Anandtech found.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
“We took offense,” Cooper told me in a telephone interview. “These two particular individuals have a great amount of influence over individuals who may be gay, who may be African-American – and we have a concern they should not be in a position to exert that influence when it comes to promotions.”

That's the whole basis of this scuffle - while there is no proof they discriminate, there is a possibility that maybe they might do something that maybe someone in the company might find discriminating in the future...

And really we're just looking out for the best future we can.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Actively supporting Phil, to them means you are actively against gays, which is not true.

Yet another reason why unions are in the shitter. Which is a shame because unions can do a lot of good for the nation, just the current ones in diminishing power choose not to.

BS you can't possibly be stupid enough to believe this sticker isn't 100% supporting Phil's anti-gay religious rants. Otherwise, there would be no sticker.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
What does the union intend to do with people that may have been thinking about putting a sticker on their vehicle? Isn't it well past time for persecution of thought crimes?

It's being handed out at work where they no doubt have policies against this sort of thing. Not to mention the fact they were senior management. Meaning they had an obvious agenda just to start stupid gay bashing shit at work which can have a chilling effect on subordinates working under you. They were also probably handing them out to gay workers they were actively targeting, with a big shit eating fuck you grin on their faces, of course.

Of course if you actually worked, you would already understand these basic facts and wouldn't have posted this at all.

I'm sure if management handed out "I support Hitler" stickers at work the same thing would have happened.

Last edited:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
A boss handing out stickers in support of an issue or cause is inappropriate.

Should he be fired? No. A day or two without pay and/or a letter of concern in his personnel file would suffice.

agreed.

fired? fuck no.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
It would seem to make a lot more sense for unions to be going after that now wouldn't it?

Gay rights have nothing to do with unions. The fact that unions are involving themselves at all in this issue shows they are not about supporting workers, but rather being a mouthpiece for left-wing politics.

Never wrong, but never right. How is that working out for you in real life? Not too good I'd wager.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
And this is the issue. They are taking action despite the employee not being justified.

Someone has a bumper sticker that expresses a view you disagree with. The horror!!!!!!!:mad:

Never wrong, but never right. How is that working out for you in real life? Not too good, I'd wager.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
BS you can't possibly be stupid enough to believe this sticker isn't 100% supporting Phil's anti-gay religious rants. Otherwise, there would be no sticker.

You're making the argument that if someone is not 100% against everything about a guy who once said something you find offensive, then you are 100% in support of the offensive statements.

That is the stupidity.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
And this is the issue. They are taking action despite the employee not being justified.

Someone has a bumper sticker that expresses a view you disagree with. The horror!!!!!!!:mad:

There was something mentioned about management passing the stickers out at work?
Did you just jump in on the anti union bandwagon and run with it?

Do you have issues understanding basic numbers?

He has obvious issues making a coherent argument that don't somehow involve his right to marry toasters.

He would be the one in the office passing out "I support toasters" stickers. If he actually worked, that is.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It's being handed out at work where they no doubt have policies against this sort of thing. Not to mention the fact they were senior management. Meaning they had an obvious agenda just to start stupid gay bashing shit at work which can have a chilling effect on subordinates working under you. They were also probably handing them out to gay workers they were actively targeting, with a big shit eating fuck you grin on their faces, of course.

Of course if you actually worked, you would already understand these basic facts and wouldn't have posted this at all.

I'm sure if management handed out "I support Hitler" stickers at work the same thing would have happened.
Your ignorance appears to be boundless. Thanks for sharing it with us.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
Your ignorance appears to be boundless. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Michigan ranks 44 and has the 8th highest unemployment rate in the USA at 7.4% and these are based on monthly adjusted 2014 stats that aren't even completed for the year yet. Congratulations, and probably no job for you found. Of course, you might be retired, since Michigan has a lot of those there, so you may have last worked back before any job even had any work policies, so there's that in your defense for stupid posts.