Government mulls fresh aid to GMAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
and bush couldnt burn our money in iraq fast enough.

remind me again who has spent more?

Debt went from 6tr to 11tr under Bush. I don't think Obama has spent 5tr yet. Let us not forget that it wasn't Obama who caused this situation in the first place, thus, the measures used to try and fix it aren't 100% his fault either.

ok so 5 trill in what 8 years and 2 wars and yo don't THINK obama has spent 5try YET and he has been in office how many years ohh..NOT EVEN ONE.

throwing MORE money into a hole is not the way to fill it. the taxpayers are not going to get the 13 (or so) billion already put in. time to stop and let it fall.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Debt went from 6tr to 11tr under Bush. I don't think Obama has spent 5tr yet. Let us not forget that it wasn't Obama who caused this situation in the first place, thus, the measures used to try and fix it aren't 100% his fault either.

ok so 5 trill in what 8 years and 2 wars and yo don't THINK obama has spent 5try YET and he has been in office how many years ohh..NOT EVEN ONE.

throwing MORE money into a hole is not the way to fill it. the taxpayers are not going to get the 13 (or so) billion already put in. time to stop and let it fall.

Yes, because letting a perfectly good car with a flat tire sit abandoned and not fixing the tire is the best idea.

Only idiots, knuckle draggers, and Grimlock want to smash things instead of fixing them.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: geno

Is that really a rational argument here? I'm far more pro-Obama than I was pro-Bush and you have to admit there is an awful lot of spending going on... Throwing Bush into the argument doesn't do much since the current spending eclipses Bush's.

In the last 120 days of the Bush Administration the United States incurred $833,484,299,633.84 of debt (that's $883.5 billion) or $7.37 billion of debt per day.

In the first 120 days of the Obama Administration the United States has incurred 660,408,498,139.82 of debt ($660.4 billion) or $5.5 billion of debt per day.

It ain't pretty either way but your claim is factually incorrect.

And considering tax receipts/revenues (without SS) will be $442 billion less than 2 years ago it's easy to see that the US (and the World) economies are effectively broke(n).

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, because letting a perfectly good car with a flat tire sit abandoned and not fixing the tire is the best idea.

Only idiots, knuckle draggers, and Grimlock want to smash things instead of fixing them.

Great analogy, let's take it further.

We have a 1984 K car, body mostly rusted out, suspension shot, leaking oil.

When that gets a flat tire, why waste a perfectly good car by junking it? Let's get a brand new set of chrome 19" rims and low profile tires. That'll fix it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Great analogy, let's take it further.

We have a 1984 K car, body mostly rusted out, suspension shot, leaking oil.

When that gets a flat tire, why waste a perfectly good car by junking it? Let's get a brand new set of chrome 19" rims and low profile tires. That'll fix it.

Or actually about 5 sets of rims and tires...just to make sure the car is repaired ;)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

You don't have to be an idiot, knuckle dragger, or Grimlock to think that government should not run businesses or save them from the results of poor management. Any smashing was done long ago by executives, management, and labor unions.