Gov Kemp of Georgia blocks mandatory mask wearing in entire state

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
My daughter lives there. I'm getting live updates from her about how Trump supporters are fine with the way Kemp is handling the situation. They're saying things like "it's no big deal because they aren't sick so what's the problem?"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
My daughter lives there. I'm getting live updates from her about how Trump supporters are fine with the way Kemp is handling the situation. They're saying things like "it's no big deal because they aren't sick so what's the problem?"

Well, yeh, of course. Feel the freedumb. Ignore the science. Collapse the hospital system. Blame the Libtards & the Chinese.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Cities and municipalities trying to act responsibly getting the shiv by Brian Kemp. Trump comes to town and Kemp sucks Trump's dick in a way that will kill more Georgians.

When will people hold Republicans responsible?

I guess you can do anything when you have that wonderful immunity as a public official. He should have his ass sued off.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Thank goodness that the private sector is much smarter than the public sector regarding controlling COVID. Walmart, Target, and several other stores have announced mandatory masks. Probably in response to Kemp being an idiot and also trying to avoid having shoppers getting into fights over them.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Uh it appears the governor is suing Atlanta to overturn their mask mandate.

Given the electoral trajectory of the state I can only presume he would prefer not to be re-elected in 2022.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I would think businesses can still make it mandatory.

I would also think counties and cities can make it mandatory for businesses to require and enforce masks.

This should only prevent counties and cities from requiring people to wear a mask at all times when outdoors, right?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

I would also think counties and cities can make it mandatory for businesses to require and enforce masks.

This should only prevent counties and cities from requiring people to wear a mask at all times when outdoors, right?
As long as they are staying 6 ft apart.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Negative. It prevents local govts from requiring masks in govt buildings. It deprives businesses of having govt authority behind them in insisting on masks.

Trumptard- "Who sez I gotta wear a mask in here?"

It's always good when the clerk can pin it on the mayor or the governor. But Kemp ain't gonna mess with their freedumb & he won't let local officials oppress these people, either. No-sirree. They got Libertopian principles, Goddamnit.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I hope tRump doesn't hear about this, as we will have an EO banning states from mandating masks.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Two senate seats up for grabs. If this blows up and GOP fvcks up on COVID, could be major upsets.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
When its 1 person doing stuff that's stupid, you call it stupid.

When its a coordinated pushback of mass opposition to masks, social distancing and common sense measure.. you have to begin to wonder if its a genocide to cull the herd and provide more resources to the rich.

Mar 11, 2004
Southern GOP governor's approval figures are mostly going into the toilet. None of them are up this cycle but an electorate increasingly furious at the party isn't likely to be helpful to hold on to the presidency, senate seats, or lots of state leg seats.

People need to be more pissed than that. They need to toss these mother fuckers out on their asses. Straight up, I think they should be criminally charged for their negligence. They should have to face personal repercussions for their wilful dereliction of their duties.

Uh it appears the governor is suing Atlanta to overturn their mask mandate.

Given the electoral trajectory of the state I can only presume he would prefer not to be re-elected in 2022.

Well he'll just fix the election again.

This guy is going to end up in handcuffs, like Blagobitch.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Have you been watching the news?
All over the deep south people are threatening business owners and employees for trying to enforce store policy. Sometimes with guns.
White conservatives have a VERY twisted view of the second amendment.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
This, this is why Mitch McConnell has said that there won't be another stimulus bill without absolute coronavirus liability denial for anyone and everyone.

Then, the Republican party and Trump are DONE. Trump knows the truth. It's why he wants a stimulus check before POTUS election. Over 50m Americans expected to be unemployed by Sept. The Cares Act is ending next week. It could get very bad in a month or two unless Congress and Trump do something.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Then, the Republican party and Trump are DONE. Trump knows the truth. It's why he wants a stimulus check before POTUS election. Over 50m Americans expected to be unemployed by Sept. The Cares Act is ending next week. It could get very bad in a month or two unless Congress and Trump do something.
Trump even wants a fucking payroll tax cut. Clueless.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Trump even wants a fucking payroll tax cut. Clueless.
No, he is not clueless, but the millions of his clueless worshipers will eat this up. An extra $20 bucks a week in take hope pay will solidify their worship of their orange god.

Trumpeteers that live paycheck to paycheck just raved about the last time he cut withholding from paychecks. They look at it like manna from their god.

An acquaintance was just gushing about how great he was for the country the last time his take home pay got a little bigger thinks to tRump's god like ruling of this country.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Blow this up & post it on the door with a suitable caption-

There it is, ya fucking morons. Wear a mask.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
No, he is not clueless

Problem is, there is a substantial amount of data which strongly repudiates that assertion. Just ask "Lou" Sabin, or hell, anyone with a medical, legal, history or scientific degree.

If you've got something that indicates he has an IQ greater than his waist size, I am all ears.

His call for kids to go back to school in the middle of a surging pandemic is grounds enough to call him clueless IMO.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Problem is, there is a substantial amount of data which strongly repudiates that assertion. Just ask "Lou" Sabin, or hell, anyone with a medical, legal, history or scientific degree.

If you've got something that indicates he has an IQ greater than his waist size, I am all ears.
He is a master of lying to manipulate people. He is not intelligent, he is functional illiterate, he is morally corrupt, he is just a con-man without a conscious.

Reactions: Meghan54