Gov Kemp of Georgia blocks mandatory mask wearing in entire state

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Cities and municipalities trying to act responsibly getting the shiv by Brian Kemp. Trump comes to town and Kemp sucks Trump's dick in a way that will kill more Georgians.

When will people hold Republicans responsible?

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
We should stop sending federal funds to states that don't mitigate risk. That would be the fiscally responsible thing to do.

I'm a firm believer in universal health care, but until we have that, I'm fine with the government and insurance companies not covering issues related to high risk choices like smoking and not wearing a f---ing mask!

Reactions: Thump553

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We should stop sending federal funds to states that don't mitigate risk. That would be the fiscally responsible thing to do.

I'm a firm believer in universal health care, but until we have that, I'm fine with the government and insurance companies not covering issues related to high risk choices like smoking and not wearing a f---ing mask!

The thing about masks is that they are less about protecting you and a whole lot about protecting others from you. So these people are actually like : Fuck you asshole, I have a RIGHT to spit into your mouth. Here. HAVE SOME MORE. And then... they will continue to spit you in your face.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
This, this is why Mitch McConnell has said that there won't be another stimulus bill without absolute coronavirus liability denial for anyone and everyone.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
When will people hold Republicans responsible?

Southern GOP governor's approval figures are mostly going into the toilet. None of them are up this cycle but an electorate increasingly furious at the party isn't likely to be helpful to hold on to the presidency, senate seats, or lots of state leg seats.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
The thing about masks is that they are less about protecting you and a whole lot about protecting others from you. So these people are actually like : Fuck you asshole, I have a RIGHT to spit into your mouth. Here. HAVE SOME MORE. And then... they will continue to spit you in your face.
They do help protect you as well. If they didn't health care workers wouldn't wear them. That aside, it would be impossible to determine who was and wasn't wearing them which is why id say the fed should just not send any aid to the entire state if the governor takes action like this.

Incidentally I feel the same way about using federal funds to rebuild or bail out people or companies that built in known flood plains. Personal responsibility is a thing. Its too bad the Republicans abandoned that idea long ago.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
This, this is why Mitch McConnell has said that there won't be another stimulus bill without absolute coronavirus liability denial for anyone and everyone.

Nothing like the party of “personal responsibility” passing legislation that abdicates this. I am surprised why people think they are hypocrites.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I dont see the connection?

To Trump? Well, Trump refuses to wear a mask at ATL airport—Atlanta’s mayor went on CNN and pointed out how POTUS broke the law, as ATL is owned by the city and Atlanta is under a mandatory mask ordinance. So Kemp comes in and says no one can enforce mask-wearing and cite POTUS for non-compliance.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nothing like the party of “personal responsibility” passing legislation that abdicates this. I am surprised why people think they are hypocrites.

"Am I my brother's keeper?" Their answer is No. Fuck you, Libtards.

Reactions: Aegeon

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Georgia reported 3,871 new cases of the disease on Wednesday, the second-highest daily count to date, and 37 deaths. So far, 127,834 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Georgia, more than double the number reported in mid-June.

All under control here, nothing to see. The cases will plummet when we start burying the numbers by sending them to TrumpsDumpsterfire handpicked "Crack Corona Task Force Alternate Reality Statistics and Shredding Emporium."... CCTFARSSE for short. We have hats and t-shirts. Operators are standing by....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have to say I’m not aware of any other cases where officials have forcibly repealed public health measures in response to a large increase in infections of a deadly, highly contagious virus.

Man I’m sure glad the courts thought this guy overseeing his own election and mass purging unfriendly voters was a good idea.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
They do help protect you as well. If they didn't health care workers wouldn't wear them. That aside, it would be impossible to determine who was and wasn't wearing them which is why id say the fed should just not send any aid to the entire state if the governor takes action like this.

Incidentally I feel the same way about using federal funds to rebuild or bail out people or companies that built in known flood plains. Personal responsibility is a thing. Its too bad the Republicans abandoned that idea long ago.

Properly fitted rated ( like N95) masks help protect the wearer, simple cloth or disposable surgical style masks do almost nothing for the person wearing them, they are almost completely to protect everyone else around them. Health care workers use then to protect their patients. A whole lot of what health care workers do is to protect from cross contamination and to protect their employer from liability.

As for floor plains, I'm betting you have no idea what you are talking about. California, Florida, Arizona, Texas, and New York have a large percentage of their population living in a flood plain. The fact of the matter is a large percentage of the land in the US, most of the coastline, is a flood plain. Is there a river nearby? Then you are in a flood plain. Is there a lake nearby? Flood plain. Ocean? Of course it is a flood plain.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
To Trump? Well, Trump refuses to wear a mask at ATL airport—Atlanta’s mayor went on CNN and pointed out how POTUS broke the law, as ATL is owned by the city and Atlanta is under a mandatory mask ordinance. So Kemp comes in and says no one can enforce mask-wearing and cite POTUS for non-compliance.
No, about McConnell and more stimulus?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
What a mess of a state. Geez.

I lived there 30 years ago and it has not improved one bit. It was a mess then and is a mess now. It’s like a breeding ground for clueless, uneducated racist people who make the Beverly Hillbillies look like Harvard PhDs.

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I lived there 30 years ago and it has not improved one bit. It was a mess then and is a mess now. It’s like a breeding ground for clueless, uneducated racist people who make the Beverly Hillbillies look like Harvard PhDs.

Yeah, but I have two Microcenters accessible to me, so there’s that.

And honestly, it’s much worse the further from Atl you get, esp. going south.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Properly fitted rated ( like N95) masks help protect the wearer, simple cloth or disposable surgical style masks do almost nothing for the person wearing them, they are almost completely to protect everyone else around them. Health care workers use then to protect their patients. A whole lot of what health care workers do is to protect from cross contamination and to protect their employer from liability.

As for floor plains, I'm betting you have no idea what you are talking about. California, Florida, Arizona, Texas, and New York have a large percentage of their population living in a flood plain. The fact of the matter is a large percentage of the land in the US, most of the coastline, is a flood plain. Is there a river nearby? Then you are in a flood plain. Is there a lake nearby? Flood plain. Ocean? Of course it is a flood plain.
I actually understand the science behind the masking. The mask can help people not touch their face if they've contacted droplets. It is minimal, but something. Also, there are plenty of non symptomatic people that we often forget about, which again protects society. I did say that monitoring individual mask wearers didn't make sense, which is why I said it should be based on state adherence.

If we are talking farmland or other things that are critical to the system then we should be maintaining those as a country. All in this together. Also, I have no problem with the NIFP as long as privtate owners and private non critical businesses (that cant be moved or housed elsewhere) are completely self funded. Currently it doesn't charge enough. Obama had a executive order limiting federal buildings and other public works flood plains. Trump struck it down. In general, I have a hard time using federal dollars for some luxury home on the river (or on the coast of Florida for that matter). Maybe Florida should consider taxes to protect their own? Major unexpected events like Katrina are obviously different.

You can go ahead and make blanket statements about someone's knowledge based on 2 sentences if feeling superior on the internet is important. I feel pretty secure in what I do and don't know what I'm talking about

Maybe I'm just bitter because I live in a state that is number 4 or 5 for contributing more to the government than we get back. We actually feel the need to be responsible for ourselves.