Gov. Christie too lazy to walk 100 yards from helicopter to field uses car

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter
-14fe69c78deaccc3.JPG

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...at_sons_h.html

Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter.

Right before the lineup cards were being exchanged on the field, a noise from above distracted the spectators as the 55-foot long helicopter buzzed over trees in left field, circled the outfield and landed in an adjacent football field. Christie disembarked from the helicopter and got into a black car with tinted windows that drove him about a 100 yards to the baseball field.

During the 5th inning, Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie got into the car, rode back to the helicopter and left the game. During a pitching change, play was stopped for a couple of minutes while the helicopter took off.

Christie's eldest son, Andrew, was the starting catcher for Delbarton High School, in Morris Township. The governor played the same position of catcher when he was in high school.

The game was being held at St. Joseph Regional High School in Montvale in Bergen County. Christie watched the game from the stands, flanked by State Police security guards.

"It is a means of transportation that is occasionally used as the schedule demands," said Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak in an email. "This has historically been the case in prior administrations as well, and we continue to be judicious in limiting its use."

-8181cea0aa0435a7.JPG

Nothing more ironic then a 400lb guy calling himself conservative :)

Ape

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2000
"It is a means of transportation that is occasionally used as the schedule demands," said Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak in an email. "This has historically been the case in prior administrations as well, and we continue to be judicious in limiting its use."

Slow news day huh? lol

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
Fat fuck burning how many taxpayer dollars flying to his son's high school baseball game? Disgusting pig.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Thank God he saved all that money firing teachers so he could afford this useless helicopter trip on the taxpayers dime!

Glenn Beck called him George Washington. This proves Beck was right.

He "needed" to use the chopper because he had to get back to a meeting with Iowa Repubs that want him to "run" from president which is also not state business.

He also had no other meetings or business scheduled for that day.

Ape

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2000
lol

Who am I apologizing for? IMO all politicians are out of touch and do stupid crap like this. I am just wondering when the other NJ governors were doing this did you make threads about it too or is it just a partisan thing for you?

Besides, these kind of story's should be important to the citizens of NJ, not that their fat governor is lazy.

New Jersey Pays $102 Million to Move Electronics Firm Down the Road

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/01/new-jersey-pays-102m-electronics-firm-road/

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
lol

Who am I apologizing for? IMO all politicians are out of touch and do stupid crap like this. I am just wondering when the other NJ governors were doing this did you make threads about it too or is it just a partisan thing for you?

Besides, these kind of story's should be important to the citizens of NJ, not that their fat governor is lazy.

New Jersey Pays $102 Million to Move Electronics Firm Down the Road

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/01/new-jersey-pays-102m-electronics-firm-road/

Got a link to other NJ govs doing this?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Another fine representative of the party of "Do as I say, not as I do."

I thought he was different, looks like I was wrong. Didn't even stay for the whole game, lol.

I recall a bit of an uproar over Nancy Pelosi's use of tax payer funded travel, even though it turned out to be legitimate. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those so concerned about these travel expenses will somehow find a way to not see this as an issue.

Nov 30, 2006
He should use that helicopter to meet his wife for a date in NYC...that should really piss off the libs.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
so where is the gubment spending outrage?

Oh thats right...it only applies to your team...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Looks like he could use the Walk. Save $Tax and lose some weight at the same time?

Nov 30, 2006
When Obama "claims" he is fiscally conservative I will be pissed if he does it.
Obama claimed and promised a lot of things while campaigning...and I imagine you must be really pissed off about now! Don't let those rose-colored glasses diminish your outrage at these things lest you be one who's the biggest hypocrite of the bunch.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Obama claimed and promised a lot of things while campaigning...and I imagine you must be really pissed off about now! Don't let those rose-colored glasses taint your moral outrage at these things lest you be one who's the biggest hypocrite of the bunch.

I am pissed about alot of his "promises", Not enough to vote for any of the current crop of repubs though (except maybe Johnson, if he got nominated).

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
This was not state business. Neither was the meeting after, apologist.

And I'm sure you were calling for Pelosi's head as she used military aircraft to jettison her an her family around multiple times for non-State business.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Another fine representative of the party of "Do as I say, not as I do."

I thought he was different, looks like I was wrong. Didn't even stay for the whole game, lol.

I recall a bit of an uproar over Nancy Pelosi's use of tax payer funded travel, even though it turned out to be legitimate. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those so concerned about these travel expenses will somehow find a way to not see this as an issue.

lol, short memory for you libs. Remember Obama telling us we needed to change our driving habits and get rid of our SUVs...just moments before he took off in his gas-guzzling motorcade? You think "The Beast" gets more than 10mpg?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Obama claimed and promised a lot of things while campaigning...and I imagine you must be really pissed off about now! Don't let those rose-colored glasses diminish your outrage at these things lest you be one who's the biggest hypocrite of the bunch.

Ok guys, you hear that? Everyone out of the pool! No more being mean to governors who campaign on fiscal responsibility and then fly to a baseball game in a state helicopter.

Honestly, that fat piece of shit should have jogged to the baseball game. In terms of fiscal responsibility I'd be far more concerned about how much his next 3 bypass operations are going to cost the taxpayer.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
lol, short memory for you libs. Remember Obama telling us we needed to change our driving habits and get rid of our SUVs...just moments before he took off in his gas-guzzling motorcade? You think "The Beast" gets more than 10mpg?

Exactly how do you think the president should get around? I'd be interested to know.