Gov. Bill Richardson endorses Barack Obama

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Interesting time to do so, but Mr. Obama does pick up another superdelegate...and a potential VP pick.

Link

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I can hear it now...a minority male supports another minority male...:roll:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Odd hour... drunk text?

Good news for Obama, the endorsement doesn't mean much but it would have had it been for Clinton.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
He's been hinting at this for a while now. I'm sure he chose this time to try to create some positive attention for Obama, but I'm a little surprised he didn't do it earlier. I don't think there are any states left that have solid Latino voters, but this will still help him.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
:music::music:Big wheel keep on turnin,:music::music:
:music::music:proud Mary keep on burnin,:music::music:
:music::music:Rollin, rollin, rollin on the river.:music::music:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's a pretty safe endorsement at this point in the game where it's obvious that Obama is going to be the democratic nominee.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Two reasons I think:

MI and FL revotes look DOA. Hillary has no shot at the nom.

Create positive momentum for Obama, and try to shut this race down. Its gotten very ugly this week, and to continue for months like this will be disastrous. Not that Hillary is necc behind the Wright tapes and controversy, I do not put it past her trying to push it to her advantage. She has been subtlety pushing the Obama Muslim thing, so this is not any more outrageous.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
To me, this endorsement plus what Edwards eventually does are extremely significant. Interesting tidbit-I watched MSNBC, CBS and Fox for about an hour and a half in the early morning (4 AM on) today, well after this story was released. NONE of them even mentioned it. The talking heads on MSNBC spent at least half their time on the Pastor Wright "issue" and Fox, of course, had to run their heavily edited Wright sermon/rant over and over again.

Also, none of them mentioned the McCain campaign "suspending" a worker for sending out links to a heavily edited Wright/Obama smear video.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: rockyct
He's been hinting at this for a while now. I'm sure he chose this time to try to create some positive attention for Obama, but I'm a little surprised he didn't do it earlier. I don't think there are any states left that have solid Latino voters, but this will still help him.

There are a good number in Pennsylvania -- particularly around Philadelphia in cities like Allentown and Harrisburg.

There are also big communities in Indiana.

Also, there's Puerto Rico...

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

There are a good number in Pennsylvania -- particularly around Philadelphia in cities like Allentown and Harrisburg.

Yeah, but Richardson couldn't even get them to vote for him when he was in the race, I don't see how he can claim any influence now that he's out of it.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

Yeah, but Richardson couldn't even get them to vote for him when he was in the race, I don't see how he can claim any influence now that he's out of it.

Not true. None of the states with heavy Hispanic populations were up. Remember, he dropped out after N.H..

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
hillary?.....oh hilllllaaaarrrrryyyy?.....yooohooo? do ya think keeping mum and playing the 'ol faithful spouse routine while yer *ahem* husband was out and around gett'in the 'ol doorknob polished and being scandalized in the process was still worth the now cashed-in political points you "earned" from it? how much of that restraint you displayed is worth in superdelegate votes now? especially so when you harken back to those earlier days when you thought going into this race was a slam dunk? at what point in your "political" career did you think that being married to 'ol "quicks-drrraw bill" gave you default status to take over his old job?

why the nerve of that skinny little black muslim, inexperienced, can't-take-a-3AM-call, jeremiah-wright-corrupted kid from the ocean state of ha-wa-ya to think he could arm-wrestle you out of your superdelegate-given right to the head honcho's desk. humph...the gall. the utter nerve of that audacity-to-hope-pipsqueak. pffft. makes you wanna scandalize him right out of contention no?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Typical Obama supporter, either a Clinton hater or Howard Dean / Ralph Nader juvenile idealist.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: senseamp
Typical Obama supporter, either a Clinton hater or Howard Dean / Ralph Nader juvenile idealist.

if by some astronomical coincidence you're referring to me, all i can say is you're right about one thing in your post, which is not bad at all for a wild ass guess.;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Holy fuck, he has a beard! Do you realize how significant that is? OMG! And oh look, there's a huge donkey in the mirror.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're a real riot.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Hafen
Two reasons I think:

MI and FL revotes look DOA. Hillary has no shot at the nom.

Create positive momentum for Obama, and try to shut this race down. Its gotten very ugly this week, and to continue for months like this will be disastrous. Not that Hillary is necc behind the Wright tapes and controversy, I do not put it past her trying to push it to her advantage. She has been subtlety pushing the Obama Muslim thing, so this is not any more outrageous.

Yeah, first thing I though of when I heard it was Richardson is trying to get the Wright thing off the fore and get Obama something positive.

Fern

GEOrifle

Oct 2, 2005
One more LATINO.
We have in the USA over 50 MILLION ILEGAL EMIGRANTS. Yes 50 MLN.
And that's why people can't find any jobs anymore and that's why Americans can't pay
for credits (HOME-CAR-INSURANCE-FOOD). I mean regular Americans.
US bussinesses are very happy because Latino workers geting cheaper every day (they are
crossing borders every day) and so Americans.
Very soon here will be just CHINESE and LATINOS.

This is the reason for falling $$$$.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: GEOrifle
One more LATINO.
And that's why people can't find any jobs anymore and that's why Americans can't pay
US bussinesses are very happy because Latino workers geting cheaper every day (they are

You seriously believe that one out of every six people is illegal?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: GEOrifle
One more LATINO.

Pastor Wright, is that you?