Gotta ask a dumb question. Halo: MCC only lets me play Reach. How do I play the others?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
If I click to play any of the other listed titles other than Reach. It tells me I need to download stuff for them. So I check the boxes to download the campaign and it says "Pending" and that's all it ever does. It never seems to download anything. I even tried just checking the Halo 4 campaign box and let it sit there for 2 hours on that screen and nothing.....I don't see any option to advance forward, all I can do is go back and if I return the box is now unchecked.

So what am I doing wrong?

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
You have to tick the boxes then exit the game, once you exit it starts downloading.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
It took a few tries for me to get this as well, but Artorias is right. You have to download each individual game before you can play it and even then, downloading the game might take multiple restarts of the application. For some reason, when I downloaded Halo 2, it would only let me play multiplayer. Had to reinstall the entire thing before it would let me play the campaign.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
You have to tick the boxes then exit the game, once you exit it starts downloading.

Oh...well that's weird. Would have been nice if the game mentioned that. I think I shut my PC off after exiting the game so hopefully it'll DL once I boot up. Thanks, I was getting frustrated with it.