Got to go to the Discovery park in Union City TN today with my kids :D

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Friend of mine gave me some free tickets since they couldn't go, and had to be used today, so with the thanks to our fellow member here, sean53221 who bought my Raspberry Pi set up I sold to him in the FS/FT section yesterday, we got the gas to go there, buy a few things in the shop, and took them all out to eat at a fancy Chinese buffet that just opened in Union City not to long ago, that had some of the best food I have had yet since moving here back in 2005. If in the area any time this way you need to check this place out!

Click here to see 72 pictures I and my son was able to take while there today, and they were pretty packed.

Reactions: Scarpozzi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Cool pics dude, looks like a fun time. I like the history type stuff, but also like pics 11 and 12 of the overview and garden area. Glad @Sean53221 helped you out!

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I love 11 as well, great shot my son took of it all. But now that I actually looked at it on my computer this time, and not my phone, I have to wonder why the flag was being flown at half mast today? And yeah, I had some stuff on facebook I was selling to try and just get some gas to go out there, but got not takers, so late afternoon I posted my Pi, and it was sold in lesss then a hour, for he knows what I have, what it does, and the bad ass years worth of fun he will be having with it, and not make a dent with what all is on the memory card.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have to wonder why the flag was being flown at half mast today?
Justice Ginsburg. The flag is flown half mast for 10 days for a justice.

edit:
I'm incorrect. Ten days is only for a chief justice. An associate justice gets flown until interment. Has she been buried yet?

Sean53221

Oct 3, 2001
Friend of mine gave me some free tickets since they couldn't go, and had to be used today, so with the thanks to our fellow member here, sean53221 who bought my Raspberry Pi set up I sold to him in the FS/FT section yesterday, we got the gas to go there, buy a few things in the shop, and took them all out to eat at a fancy Chinese buffet that just opened in Union City not to long ago, that had some of the best food I have had yet since moving here back in 2005. If in the area any time this way you need to check this place out!

Click here to see 72 pictures I and my son was able to take while there today, and they were pretty packed.

So happy that I was able to help with the last mile of getting that admittedly very cool looking experience to happen. Some great photos. I may have to put that place on my “Someday” list. I’m betting that the kiddos got kinda robbed of their summer with all the covid stuff. Mine sure did.