Question Got Titan RTX?

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Just got these babies today! Can't wait to put them through some intense gaming scenarios! :D

OeFOE1I.jpg

Reactions: DooKey

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Nice to see you still playing the super high end game. I stopped doing that last year.

Hey Adam - yea I was more or less in the same boat since they essentially killed off > 2-way SLI. I didn't build an X299 system due to that.

Still using 8K DSR most of the time on the 4K OLED monitor (since the Dell 8K monitor was an MST panel) and so the extra VRAM in these GPUs should help.

These cards are really gorgeous to look at - easily the best designed GPUs (looks-wise) IMO.

cEf0T6A.jpg

Reactions: Timmah! and AdamK47

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Does the Titan RTX have a higher reference power limit than 113%? If not it might not perform any better than the 2080 Ti with both cards overclocked since it has to deal with an extra 13GB of GDDR6 eating into the power budget.

Timmah!

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2010
Hey Adam - yea I was more or less in the same boat since they essentially killed off > 2-way SLI. I didn't build an X299 system due to that.

Still using 8K DSR most of the time on the 4K OLED monitor (since the Dell 8K monitor was an MST panel) and so the extra VRAM in these GPUs should help.

These cards are really gorgeous to look at - easily the best designed GPUs (looks-wise) IMO.

cEf0T6A.jpg

Very nice, congrats.
Totally agreed about the looks, this gen Nvidia cards have actually best looking/cleanest shroud design, beating even Evga, who used to be strong in this regard in the past. Bar maybe Hybrid version, they are still nice looking. Bottom line, it does look more premium than plastic shrouds of AIB cards.
Then again, it comes at price of inferior cooling performance. Unless you WC those Titans (losing the nice looking shroud in the process), the higher end Ti´s like FTW3 or Strix will probably match the Titan performance with higher clocks, overcoming the slight core count deficit.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Over in the Titan RTX thread in Overclock forums a Grey Poupon tv ad was posted to joke about the extravagance of buying this card. Not that I'm complaining, I have a Titan V. And it lets me see ray tracing in BF5 and new drivers have boosted the fps in 4k RT in that game.

I'm about ready to order a Titan RTX, just wavering a bit over it's roughly 10% increase over the V in games with stock air cooling and no oc from what I've gathered from reviews of the Titan RTX, Titan V (and 2080 Ti.) But wanting the fastest because it's the fastest and not needing to get it on credit or a loan will probably push me to buy it. It would be running on my i7 7700.

Last edited:

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
I remember spending thousands on fat systems with multiple TB SSDs and all the rest. Then I got over it and bought a PS4 and realized I'd take Persona 5 or any other exclusive a dozen times over fancy graphics that most games don't even properly take advantage of.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Over in the Titan RTX thread in Overclock forums a Grey Poupon tv ad was posted to joke about the extravagance of buying this card. Not that I'm complaining, I have a Titan V. And it lets me see ray tracing in BF5 and new drivers have boosted the fps in 4k RT in that game.

I'm about ready to order a Titan RTX, just wavering a bit over it's roughly 10% increase over the V in games with stock air cooling and no oc from what I've gathered from reviews of the Titan RTX, Titan V (and 2080 Ti.) But wanting the fastest because it's the fastest and not needing to get it on credit or a loan will probably push me to buy it. It would be running on my i7 7700.

If you want the fastest why not just bid on a Titan V CEO Edition? Benchmarks show it's about ~15% faster than a regular Titan V. If cost is no object...lol

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
Are those still available? I can't find any CEO editions online. I bet it doesn't even come with the leather jacket! ;)

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Titan RTX is an even bigger failure than regular RTX. It's actually slower in BF5 raytracing than the 280TI:

Also at least one documented instance of the card being incorrectly locked to 1350MHz and nVidia has no idea why:

nVidia QC is taking a dump while prices rise higher and higher. As we've seen in this thread, people still willingly shell out $2.5K for this manure, so why should nVidia care?