Got stung by a bee earlier today and I'm allergic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: CellarDoor
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
I was chatting with my friend by his car outside of my house earlier today when this ultra-aggressive bee decided he had had enough. The bee went right for me, my friend smacked it away, and then it went right for my friend. My friend managed to get it off of him, but then the bee went straight for me again. Since I'm allergic, I ran like a little girl back to my house and inside, but it followed me and stung me right below my lip. When you're allergic, bee stings have a cumulative effect, so each time you get stung is worse than the previous time. The last time I got stung, I got stung on my hand and it swelled up so bad that I looked like the nutty professor as he transformed from the little guy to the huge guy. My hand pretty much doubled in size and I actually had to wear a sling.

Anyways, I knew this would end up being quite amusing, so I took pics every now and then to chronicle the changes.

1. Initially, about 5 minutes after Sting, not much swelling

2. Thirty minutes later, OMG WTF

3. Two hours later, a little bit bigger

4. Current picture, the swelling seems to have stopped

Cliffs:
1. Stung by an aggressive bee
2. allergic to bees
3. lip gets real big

off topic: I have to ask, is your screen name a reference to the linguist that once said the most beautiful phrase in the world is "cellar door"

Yes, it says so much in my sig.

sorry, never read your Sig. haha I took a language course and read that once.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
I was chatting with my friend by his car outside of my house earlier today when this ultra-aggressive bee decided he had had enough. The bee went right for me, my friend smacked it away, and then it went right for my friend. My friend managed to get it off of him, but then the bee went straight for me again. Since I'm allergic, I ran like a little girl back to my house and inside, but it followed me and stung me right below my lip. When you're allergic, bee stings have a cumulative effect, so each time you get stung is worse than the previous time. The last time I got stung, I got stung on my hand and it swelled up so bad that I looked like the nutty professor as he transformed from the little guy to the huge guy. My hand pretty much doubled in size and I actually had to wear a sling.

Anyways, I knew this would end up being quite amusing, so I took pics every now and then to chronicle the changes.

1. Initially, about 5 minutes after Sting, not much swelling

2. Thirty minutes later, OMG WTF

3. Two hours later, a little bit bigger

4. Current picture, the swelling seems to have stopped

Cliffs:
1. Stung by an aggressive bee
2. allergic to bees
3. lip gets real big

off topic: I have to ask, is your screen name a reference to the linguist that once said the most beautiful phrase in the world is "cellar door"

Yes, it says so much in my sig.

sorry, never read your Sig. haha I took a language course and read that once.

haha, that's alright. I actually learned about CellarDoor from watching Donnie Darko.

I guess this is a good time to update this thread since it was bumped!

I woke up this morning and my lip was more swollen and that side of my face also became more swollen. I went to urgent care and they gave me a shot of benadryl and a prescription for a steroid pack. The good news it that the swelling appears to be going down and I should look fine by tomorrow (first day of the new quarter at ucsd).

Pics from this morning..
Morning 1
Morning 2

Hopefully I'll be back to my Normal self soon (ex-girlfriend on the left), I actually do have pretty big lips normally.

Also, Forrest Gump is on TV right now on the west coast. :)

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Nude pics of the ex-girlfriend please.

Also, did it itch really bad?

It itched a little bit but nothing too annoying. I was able to sleep pretty well last night actually.

Sorry, I don't hate the ex-girlfriend that much. :)

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

It itched a little bit but nothing too annoying. I was able to sleep pretty well last night actually.

well, when you do, send those pics this way :)

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004

I can see why. *drools uncontrollably like a person with an oversized bottom lip*

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the morning pictures. Sorry.

No problem at all, neither could I. :thumbsup:

fried shrimp, shrimp stew, shrimp and potatas, popcorn shrimp...

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
I'm sorry. but ...

LOL !!!

:D

the pics just call out for a photochop

That would actually be awesome if you wanted to give it a shot! :thumbsup:

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
suffice it to say you didn't break up with your girlfriend because she couldn't manage her eating habits...

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Hyperlite
suffice it to say you didn't break up with your girlfriend because she couldn't manage her eating habits...

It could be the drugs, but for some reason I don't understand what you're saying.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004

It could be the drugs, but for some reason I don't understand what you're saying.

Let me translate.

"She's hot."

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004

Let me translate.

"She's hot."

Ahh, I see. I think the sleepy effects of the benadryl and the jittery effects of the steroids are messing with me.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I am slipping, when I clicked on that picture of you and your ex, I didn't even look at the chick. I guess it's time to start drinking.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
LOL. Only on ATOT would a convo segue from a guys seriously swollen lip to why he broke up with his ex.

She is cute though. :D