Got selected to two Law Review, need help choosing.

Apr 17, 2003
Same level of prestige from what i understand. I have very little background on either but i think i like entertainment law better.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
Entertainment law could work with intellectual property and copyrights while international law becomes political. Choose the one that interests you more.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
"Got selected to two Law Review"

Is that proper english?

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
1. choose the most prestigious one.
2. if equally prestigious (since it seems like these are the "other" journals) pick the one you'd actually like to be on.

Feb 10, 2000
I was on Comm/Ent at Hastings. Frankly neither Comm/Ent nor HICLR is considered one of the top couple of journals, but either could potentially add some whammy to your resume. Comm/Ent's advisory board contains (or at least used to contain) some fairly heavy hitters in the Silicon Valley legal community, which could come in handy. I personally never took advantage of that, however, and I suspect HICLR might sound more impressive to some prospective employers. Ultimately I'd say the difference is sufficiently trivial that you should do whichever one sounds more interesting.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: DonVito
I was on Comm/Ent at Hastings. Frankly neither Comm/Ent nor HICLR is considered one of the top couple of journals, but either could potentially add some whammy to your resume. Comm/Ent's advisory board contains (or at least used to contain) some fairly heavy hitters in the Silicon Valley legal community, which could come in handy. I personally never took advantage of that, however, and I suspect HICLR might sound more impressive to some prospective employers. Ultimately I'd say the difference is sufficiently trivial that you should do whichever one sounds more interesting.

thanx a lot. Good info here.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug

thanx a lot. Good info here.

Feel free to send me your T43 as a reward! :p It would probably be nicer than the NEC 486-50 I used when I was at Hastings.