Got my PS3 order in today at EB

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Jnetty99
So what now? I didnt even know about this? Any other stores doing pre-orders?
A guy at worked pre-order a 360 a couple of months before it came out. Never got it they returned his money.

I'm sure some other store will do something. EB/GS changed their pre-orders to one day with specific numbers to avoid the 360 mess again.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
ps3 next year when the real games come out (mgs4, ffxiii) and the problems with the 1st batch are solved.

preorder wii hopefully this week. ebgames/gamestop do you hear me? this week!!!

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
ps3 next year when the real games come out (mgs4, ffxiii) and the problems with the 1st batch are solved.

preorder wii hopefully this week. ebgames/gamestop do you hear me? this week!!!

Wii is what i want. But I keep hearing people say that it will just be a gamecube with minor graphical enhancements. I hope that is not the case. I know games make the console, but a little eye candy would be nice.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
A guy at worked pre-order a 360 a couple of months before it came out. Never got it they returned his money.

According to EB/GameStop, this pre-order allotment is all they are getting until after Christmas. If you really want a PS3 for retail price, you'll likely have to camp on launch day.

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Queasy

According to EB/GameStop, this pre-order allotment is all they are getting until after Christmas. If you really want a PS3 for retail price, you'll likely have to camp on launch day.

I'm going to try to do that. Did a launch date get set already?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: jhayx7
*points and laughs at your empty wallet*

Aw, I feel jealous now :(

i'll be jealous when his wallet becomes 2-3x fatter from stupid people on ebay

zikronix

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
hmm thats intresting...

I paid for mine in full...They told me my store is getting 14. Im assuming 16 with two reserved for employees. my reciept says im 17 however they were manually writing the names down too and i was #8

so now what

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: zikronix
hmm thats intresting...

I paid for mine in full...They told me my store is getting 14. Im assuming 16 with two reserved for employees. my reciept says im 17 however they were manually writing the names down too and i was #8

so now what

Why do employees get to buy them?

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: binister
November 17th.

Damn, probably be cold by then to camp outside whatever stores will sell it without pre-orders...

Camp out at a 24-hour Wal-Mart or Target that will be selling the systems at 12:01AM. You'll be inside.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
hmm thats intresting...

so now what

It's likely that other stuff was rung up at the register. The number doesn't represent your actual place in the PS3 queue but how many transactions have been rung up on the register during the day. Since the PS3 preorders were likely the first thing being rung up, you could use that approximate your place on the preorder list. If you came in after the store was open and other things were being bought, you can't really use it.

zikronix

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
hmm thats intresting...

so now what

It's likely that other stuff was rung up at the register. The number doesn't represent your actual place in the PS3 queue but how many transactions have been rung up on the register during the day. Since the PS3 preorders were likely the first thing being rung up, you could use that approximate your place on the preorder list. If you came in after the store was open and other things were being bought, you can't really use it.

ok cause I was about to get mad. and there was some kids that bought like 5 games and stuff like that

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: binister
November 17th.

Damn, probably be cold by then to camp outside whatever stores will sell it without pre-orders...

Camp out at a 24-hour Wal-Mart or Target that will be selling the systems at 12:01AM. You'll be inside.

No such thing around here 24 hours... I was thinking of camping out at Best Buy...

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
hope for you the store doesnt end up getting 3. I dont believe all these stores saying they are getting almost 20 consoles each. I heard that Sony is only shipping 300,000 in the first bunch. Oh well. I think I will wait for the 2nd round cuz no question they'll have issues just like 360 did.

zikronix

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
They did it different this time. Sony told them how many they would be getting. If the were getting 16, and 16 people ordered premium then all 16 would be premium if 2 people ordered standard then 14 would be premium and 2 standard

vetteguy

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2001
A big thanks to everyone who has preordered just to resell, for making it that much harder for those people who actually want the system to play to get one at all, let alone for retail price.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: vetteguy
A big thanks to everyone who has preordered just to resell, for making it that much harder for those people who actually want the system to play to get one at all, let alone for retail price.

Blame Sony...they clearly didn't ship enough consoles to this country if the resale price is that much harder.

That, or the console price is artificially low, which is a laugh.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

let me be the first, but certainly not the last, to say, "Your welcome..."

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001

Thanks for not showing up and stopping me.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

uh, the people that really want to play it will fork out whatever these things are going for on launch day.

real gamers can wait, there are tons of games to play right now, stay behind the curve by about a year and you can save a ton of money.