Got kicked out of a pub ...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: mfs378
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
You completely missed the point of the beer of the week thing.

No I get the point, its to bring people in on a regular basis. The problem is that the owner is making me jump through hoops to participate. They ran out of beer, so I have to come back some other time in order to get credit for the week. It would be great for them if I did - I'd be there twice a week instead of once - but I don't think that will happen now.

It's a bar, I bet 90% of people who come in there use a curse word at some point or another. Those people don't get kicked out. I didn't call her anything, I simply said that her rule regarding the beer-list when the beer has run out was BS. And it is.

Well, it's possible that she was having a bad day, and her tolerance for profanity had been lowered.

However, I'd agree with other posters who said you handled the situation poorly. You could've gotten your point across without cursing, and in the process sounded more intelligent and classy.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Next time you're there, super glue all the pool balls into separate holes.... that is, if there's a pool table there.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
You both handled the situation poorly, but there's no reason to use profanity with someone you don't know.

There is also no reason for her to toss him out. There was no personal insult. Profanity will occur in a bar situation. Not sure why she would be suprised by that.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
While I don't think you should have been tossed out, I also think you shouldn't have used the phrase bullshit with her. It doesn't exactly inspire people to see things your way.

mfs378

May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Whisper

No I get the point, its to bring people in on a regular basis. The problem is that the owner is making me jump through hoops to participate. They ran out of beer, so I have to come back some other time in order to get credit for the week. It would be great for them if I did - I'd be there twice a week instead of once - but I don't think that will happen now.

It's a bar, I bet 90% of people who come in there use a curse word at some point or another. Those people don't get kicked out. I didn't call her anything, I simply said that her rule regarding the beer-list when the beer has run out was BS. And it is.

Well, it's possible that she was having a bad day, and her tolerance for profanity had been lowered.

However, I'd agree with other posters who said you handled the situation poorly. You could've gotten your point across without cursing, and in the process sounded more intelligent and classy.

To be honest that's probably how it would have happened if not for her chuckle. I think she was in power trip mode before I even opened my mouth to her.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
While I don't think you should have been tossed out, I also think you shouldn't have used the phrase bullshit with her. It doesn't exactly inspire people to see things your way.

Yep. And I'm sure you weren't the first person to complain about not being able to get your name marked off the list. Maybe you caught her at a bad moment, and she reacted as badly as you did.

You don't have to go back there, if you don't want to.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

To be honest that's probably how it would have happened if not for her chuckle. I think she was in power trip mode before I even opened my mouth to her.

yeap she was looking for a reason to kick you out and keep the shirt! those things are damn expensive!

:roll:

WiseOldDude

Feb 13, 2005
Her pub, her rules, and now you have to ask yourself who got their ass thrown out? Well you did big mouth.

mfs378

May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy

yeap she was looking for a reason to kick you out and keep the shirt! those things are damn expensive!

:roll:

I didn't give her the reason, she told me I couldn't do it before I said anything to her. Read what I wrote.

S

SlitheryDee

I would have crossed your name off personally, but she didn't want to. Rules are rules, life sucks, and it's not bullshit when people don't always throw you a bone.

bobdelt

May 26, 2006
I would have caused a scene and got kicked out the proper way... but thats just me.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
She did have the right to kick you out. But, she's a pretty crappy bar owner. I'd guarantee she's been called much worse before, especially if she's that bitchy and stuck up all the time. Any good business owner would gladly do something as simple as you asked to please a paying customer.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: her209
She has every right to kick you out and you have every right not to patronize the pub (again).

EDIT: You could open a pub next door. :D

Agreed. Your thoughtless actions resulted in your dismissal. Justified.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You should have asked her if it was that time of the month to get kicked out properly.

honkee

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
come back naked and knock the cobwebs off her thing.
God knows its been forever since shes had some

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Well, if you look at it from her point of view, you're some guy who came into her bar and told her that the rules she makes for her establishment are BS. Though it wasn't what you intended with your comment, to her it probably sounded like you were trying to insult her personally and tell her how to run her own business. I'd say that's what she got so angry about.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
I would have laughed in your face if you asked me something like that...

They ran out of the beer...you come back another day and get the beer to get crossed off the list...for you to make a big deal about it is ridiculous.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: montanafan
Well, if you look at it from her point of view, you're some guy who came into her bar and told her that the rules she makes for her establishment are BS. Though it wasn't what you intended with your comment, to her it probably sounded like you were trying to insult her personally and tell her how to run her own business. I'd say that's what she got so angry about.

too bad her rules suck

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: mugs
You both handled the situation poorly, but there's no reason to use profanity with someone you don't know.

Agreed. Furthermore, I don't swear like that to a woman unless she does it first.