got into a crash at a grocery store...

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
I went to a grocery store called Winco with a friend and his mom yesterday and our shopping cart got in an accident with a forklift. My friend was pushing the cart on a path and a forklift driver from an isle backed out a little bit too far and right side of our shopping cart smashed into the forklift. It was really loud and scary. Fortunately, no serious damage or injury occured. Dent on the fork lift and a tomato got smashed when it rolled out of our shopping cart. My friend's mom called the manager down and made her talk to the driver.

LOL I never thought about the possibility of collision between a forklift and a shopping cart.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
fork lifts in a grocery store???

the only places i've seen a fork lift inside a store was either homedepot or costco

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
were you trying to do a skoorb?

damnit nik. it was your turn to watch Jerboy. see what happens when he dosent have proper supervision?

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
Forklifts in grocery stores are a reality... That's what I do for a living. Imagine having to unload two trailers worth of product on pallets and rack it somewhere inside the store. That's Thursday nights for me...

I've had my fair share of close calls. But never hit anyone, or can recall anyone getting hit in our store. Someone got crushed between the forklift and the pallet racking the backroom, but that's an employee so it doesn't count...

edit : How in gods name did a shopping cart dent the forklift? What was the lift made out of, tin foil? The forklifts we have will completely crush a shopping cart (been done! by me!) and not leave a scratch on them... The lift itself is like four tons of steel...

--Christopher

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: cricky
Forklifts in grocery stores are a reality... That's what I do for a living. Imagine having to unload two trailers worth of product on pallets and rack it somewhere inside the store. That's Thursday nights for me...

I've had my fair share of close calls. But never hit anyone, or can recall anyone getting hit in our store. Someone got crushed between the forklift and the pallet racking the backroom, but that's an employee so it doesn't count...

Ouch. If I was the poor guy, I'd go whining to my lawyer.

edit : How in gods name did a shopping cart dent the forklift? What was the lift made out of, tin foil? The forklifts we have will completely crush a shopping cart (been done! by me!)
Did you get in big sh!t for crushing a shopping cart and what if you got in small collision with a customer?

It's not even a dent. The cart hit it on the side, but it's probably no deeper than penny's thickness.

and not leave a scratch on them... The lift itself is like four tons of steel...
It doesn't take much to dent side panels. Shopping cart cause nasty dents to cars in parking lots.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Jerboy, does your Mom have her own scroll, or will this be going on yours?

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Perknose
<STRONG>Jerboy</STRONG>, does your Mom have her own scroll, or will this be going on yours?

Perknose, I was just the spectator. My friend was at grocery store, simply because his mom wanted him to help out and I simply went along for the heck of it.

cricky

Nov 9, 1999
Did you get in big sh!t for crushing a shopping cart and what if you got in small collision with a customer?

No, not really. Things happen with the forklift all the time around work. We had a guy collapse part of a wall with it, then just park the lift and not bother to tell anyone for three weeks. The carts are pretty disposable, they end up just using the dented one for holding excess product/moving stuff around the backroom area. Plus it helps that I'm a manager, they cut us some breaks...:)

I'd feel absolutely HORRIBLE if I hit a customer. I take a ton of care when I'm out on the sales floor. The closest I ever came was almost hitting a guy when he came from my blind side out of an aisle. And he was a regular, so he looks down at his foot, wiggles it around a little, then gives me a smile...

It doesn't take much to dent side panels. Shopping cart cause nasty dents to cars in parking lots

True, I got my side mirror ripped off by one. But the forklifts we use are older models. And the side panels on them are like inch thick steel. Twelve years of abuse to them hasn't done much but scrape all the paint off and scuff them. No dents, though.

--Christopher

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Perknose, I was just the spectator. My friend was at grocery store, simply because his mom wanted him to help out and I simply went along for the heck of it.
So . . . . her scroll, then. Do you have the URL? I haven't kept up.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: cricky

No, not really. Things happen with the forklift all the time around work. We had a guy collapse part of a wall with it, then just park the lift and not bother to tell anyone for three weeks. The carts are pretty disposable, they end up just using the dented one for holding excess product/moving stuff around the backroom area. Plus it helps that I'm a manager, they cut us some breaks...:)

LOL yup. The upper classes usually get quite some slacks.

I'd feel absolutely HORRIBLE if I hit a customer. I take a ton of care when I'm out on the sales floor. The closest I ever came was almost hitting a guy when he came from my blind side out of an aisle. And he was a regular, so he looks down at his foot, wiggles it around a little, then gives me a smile...

Least you didn't startle him to fall. If I got hit by a forklift or hurt myself in near-miss out of startle or attempting to avoid it and I come out in less condition than I walked into the store, it means liability for you/your company.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: baffled2
<STRONG>Jerboy</STRONG>, does your Mom have her own scroll, or will this be going on yours?

ROTFLMAO !!!! (No easy feet either) ATOT Scroll, don't leave home without it !!!!! :D

I can picture the credit card commercial now...priceless :D

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
LMFAO!! :)

Call Uber, for an update or a whole new scroll!!