got in my first accident today

dave127

Nov 26, 2000
my buddy and i were on our way home from our soccer game, and i wsas driving and went off the road into a guardrail while we were arguing.....airbags blew, my driver side wheel broke in half, and i thought i broke my arm, but i just sprained my elbow, hes alright, im alright, but damn, it was scary shit....i hope it doesnt happen again

Dave

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: dave127
my buddy and i were on our way home from our soccer game, and i wsas driving and went off the road into a guardrail while we were arguing.....airbags blew, my driver side wheel broke in half, and i thought i broke my arm, but i just sprained my elbow, hes alright, im alright, but damn, it was scary shit....i hope it doesnt happen again

Dave
It wouldn't if you were my son.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
Wow, that really sucks....

How was the car? At least there wasn't anything worse than a sprain.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: dave127

Dave
It wouldn't if you were my son.
What would you do? Stop him from driving forever?:confused:

Oct 9, 1999
why the fsck were you arguing over something.. and why did you take your hands off the wheel and your eyes off the road.

If it was that kind of arguing then you should have got off the road and done so. even pulling to the shoulder would have helped.

sorry to hear about your accident but its truely one of the stupidest accidents I have heard off.. The other one was a guy who took both his hands off the wheel to search for something behind teh passenger seat.

dave127

Nov 26, 2000
the car's not all that bad, it needs a left front fender, a front bumper, and the airbags cracked the winshield, which they are supposed to do, so that needs replaced, it needs a drivers front wheel, and a few suspension parts, so probably about 2500 in damage max, but my uncle owns a collision repair, and my dad owns a mechanical repair shop, so im ok on that.....it was my fault alot, but my mom said she knew i shouldnt have been driving when i was so mad, but she didnt offer me a ride, so i drove anyways...oh well, im just glad we are ok

Dave

dave127

Nov 26, 2000
sorry if i sounded like i took my hands off the wheel, they were there, i was looking at the road too, but i was only half paying attention, which was really dumb of me....actually, this is probably the dumbest thing ive ever done

Dave

Oct 9, 1999
by the way if the airbags go off your car is considered totalled.. if you rebuild after that its considered salvaged.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
why the fsck were you arguing over something.. and why did you take your hands off the wheel and your eyes off the road.

If it was that kind of arguing then you should have got off the road and done so. even pulling to the shoulder would have helped.

sorry to hear about your accident but its truely one of the stupidest accidents I have heard off.. The other one was a guy who took both his hands off the wheel to search for something behind teh passenger seat.

similar to my friend's accident....

he was driving on a residential street and sneezed. then to clean himself up, he leaned over to the front passenger leg area to get a tissue and when he looked up, he was on a direct course towards a tree. bang!

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I am glad that no one was hurt. That is always the most important thing.

Now that I said that, I must say, you are an idiot. If I was your father you would not have a licence while you lived under my roof. What if there was a kid walking there? A second is all it takes to end a life.