Got hellgate London...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
WTF they want you to pay another $9.99 a month? for more content more charectors more space etc? really that pisses me off.

this is not a game like EQ or WOW. it makes me think they didnt want to finisht the game so are selling you the full content. what a rip off.

gotta say im not to impressed with the game. seems like the story was a afterthought.

this game could have been great. but i don't see myself pulling this game out and playing it again in 5+ years like i do Diablo II.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Story has NO reason to even be in the game. I finished the first act in about 2 hours... really not impressed with it. Its OK but nothing special. I just picked up Titan Quest, thats much better than HG:L

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps
Story has NO reason to even be in the game. I finished the first act in about 2 hours... really not impressed with it. Its OK but nothing special. I just picked up Titan Quest, thats much better than HG:L

is it? hmm have to check it out.

I'm getting sick of WOW (guild sucks. great people to talk to but no help, no grouping, no raiding etc) and my WII broke and not much out for the PS3 (not very good at FSP games on it)

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: waggy

I'm getting sick of WOW (guild sucks. great people to talk to but no help, no grouping, no raiding etc) and my WII broke and not much out for the PS3 (not very good at FSP games on it)

MGS4!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Wow...people don't do research do they? it's not like the game came out today.

you shouldn't have even bought it in thr first place. i wouldn't even take it someone gave it to me for free.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Wow...people don't do research do they? it's not like the game came out today.

you shouldn't have even bought it in thr first place. i wouldn't even take it someone gave it to me for free.

well it was a spur of the moment buy. it was in the bin for $20. but yes i regret it heh.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I just got the game too for $17.99. I kind of like it, and it does remind me what I loved about Diablo. (random loot can be great, even in the beginning of the game - gives you that excited feel about getting new items.) However, it also has what I hated about Diablo. I have played the game maybe 3 hours and it already feels like a grind. I want a game to be fun, not a grind - that is what my regular life is for.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Find a new guild in WoW. Frankly, I hate helping people, 'cause of the jackasses. I actually was nice the other day and said I'd help someone... go to invite and such and nothing. Even flew out there just to see them leave. Fuckers, I'll never offer my help again.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Such a disappointment. I had so much fun with the beta, but it all went downhill after the game went live, plus the whole subscription model really soured me on the whole experience.

Another game with a tonne of potential that just failed to deliver.

I wonder if the guy I sold my game to is still playing? Hmmmm...

KT

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Find a new guild in WoW. Frankly, I hate helping people, 'cause of the jackasses. I actually was nice the other day and said I'd help someone... go to invite and such and nothing. Even flew out there just to see them leave. Fuckers, I'll never offer my help again.

yeah i should find a new guild. though odds are i am out of the guild anyway. havent logged in for like a month heh

Shadow Conception

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Kromis
Originally posted by: waggy

MGS4!

THIS.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Yea, the game could have been great. Too bad the creators tried to hard to create the next Diablo.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
HGL wasn't a bad game, it definitely did not live up to the hype though. I beat it online, and there was a tinge of fun to it, but it could have been 100x better just missing that... something.

It was a very pretty game too :p

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Gothgar
HGL wasn't a bad game, it definitely did not live up to the hype though. I beat it online, and there was a tinge of fun to it, but it could have been 100x better just missing that... something.

my sentiment exactly...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
as I predicted before it was released :) , if they would have skipped the entire pay per month crap the game would have had a better reception and more players would have bought it.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
as I predicted before it was released :) , if they would have skipped the entire pay per month crap the game would have had a better reception and more players would have bought it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: lupi

yeah the whole pay per month for more content, bug fixes, more classes etc just pissed me off. i really was shocked it had it.

i got bored with the game. to much of the same mob and same quest.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: Gothgar

my sentiment exactly...

One of the best looking PC games to date on DX10.

I blame EA pushing for a Halloween release date... However I enjoyed parts of the story. The Intro and Outro provided awesome visuals, frenetic action and set the scene, the middle parts (in-game) generally let down.