Got green section while flashing BIOS

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
I flashed the BIOS on my Abit NV8 from 1.2 to 1.4 and the last section of the last line was all green. The rest was white. From what I understand, the green means the last section was not updated.

Does that mean there is a problem? Should I flash again? I played 2 games and my computer is still working.

garikfox

Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by: coolpurplefan
I flashed the BIOS on my Abit NV8 from 1.2 to 1.4 and the last section of the last line was all green. The rest was white. From what I understand, the green means the last section was not updated.

Does that mean there is a problem? Should I flash again? I played 2 games and my computer is still working.

That just means that it didnt update that section of the BIOS.

Derektm

Mar 26, 2005
It probably didn't update the boot block. You need to change the switches on the flash program to update that area.

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Derektm
It probably didn't update the boot block. You need to change the switches on the flash program to update that area.

OK, I've been led to believe on hardforum that some parts don't need updating. I'm just going to ask this for the whirl of it. Are you saying that that version of the BIOS had a section that was similar to the previous BIOS so updating that section wasn't required?

Anyway, I'm not really pre-occcupied by this because it's working so... :)

garikfox

Sep 1, 2004
yer fine it just didnt update that section because it didnt need updating.