Got back from the psych ward last night.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anarchist420, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Anarchist420

Anarchist420 Diamond Member

Anyway, I'm fully tranquilized again (quadrupled the abilify dose and kept the fluvoxamine where it was). Zero stimulants this time.

I should be as non-lively as I've ever been in my life (for the next few months at least). They diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder. They didn't take away the Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis which I believe never should've been considered a special medical condition (i.e., having Asperger's Syndrome does not impair those that have it). I think my problem is just low IQ (like <=90) although I'll never know what my IQ is.

That said, I hope everyone will be happy with me being a "leech on society"... there are two correlates to that:

1. My parents' money is running out (they'll die in debt... they refuse to use their saving to pay their way out of debt, they refuse to cancel their credit cards as they're worried about their credit rating, and they refuse to invest in commodities that more money can be made off of; in other words, they just want to keep worthless paper assets and exclusively consume everything we buy).

2. I can't ever work like this.

I just thought I would tell people here since they kept telling my to "seek professional help".

Any thoughts, questions, or comments are welcome.

2. edro

edro Lifer

Your comprehension of the English language proves your IQ is >90.

3. HAL9000

HAL9000 Lifer

I'm also a leech on society, and my parents are heamoeraging funds to keep me afloat, so I feel your pain. :(

The only solice I feel in the subject is that at least I'm in a country with universal health care, the private health insurance I used to have didn't even cover pre-existing mental health conditions, and was limited for any subsequently diagnosed mental health conditions.

Keep going sir, it's a battle, but some days it's worth the fight.

I'd also agree with the notion that you're IQ is clearly above 90, you have a far greater capacity for rational thought than I would attribute to someone with an IQ below 90.

As for Aspergers, IMO it does have some imparement on a sufferer, given it can limit or obstruct people from forming social bonds.

#3 HAL9000, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. brainhulk

brainhulk Diamond Member

Do you like mongoloid bbq?

5. boomhower

boomhower Diamond Member

I was thinking the same thing, plus his realization of his parents lack of fiscal knowledge. Give yourself a little more credit.

6. Mursilis

Mursilis Diamond Member

You seem far too intelligent for that to be true. Heck, the fact that you've found your way to this forum says something. Your fate is up to you.

7. ichy

ichy Diamond Member

Does this mean you're going to stop posting?

8. Perknose

Perknose Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
    Forum Director

Hang in there, OP. And good to hear from you, HAL!

9. Pr0d1gy

Pr0d1gy Diamond Member

Anarchist, is this a joke thread or are you serious? I hope, if you're serious, that you understand that people who are sick, lacking, or down on their luck are not leeches.

That line of draconic thinking is reserved for the egotistical righties who really believe the rest of the world is out to steal their money because they spend most of their time trying to stack up another pile of money over the bodies of the people they've screwed over. The rest of us don't mind helping people like you because we understand that not everyone is born the son of a Senator in this country.

I truly wish you the best if this is true.

10. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

Good luck. Try to find positive reading material. Following current events too closely can negatively affect the mental health of the otherwise healthy ;^)

11. brainhulk

brainhulk Diamond Member

i did my undergrad volunteer work in a psych ward. I remember schizophrenic/schizoaffective pt's that continued to work as engineers/techs when they were under control with their meds

I also met a family on my vacation in Europe, they said their son had asperger's. They said he was extremely intelligent and worked as an accountant

So I don't think you are necessarily prevented from employment solely on your conditions

12. Agent11

Agent11 Diamond Member

I think you are intelligent, try to focus your attention on practical knowledge that will better your situation. Good luck.

13. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

One of your better posts.

regarding the financial situation; have your researched alternatives fully adn then tried to present them to your folks.

also remember; they have been through a minimum of three stock crashes adn can be very leary about speculative investments.

14. Northern Lawn

Northern Lawn Platinum Member

Free Health Advice from a Canadian... don't tell them your secret name is Anarchist420.

15. clamum

clamum Lifer

Smoke weed everyday

16. Brigandier

Brigandier Diamond Member

Welcome back, meet anyone interesting while you were in?

17. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

I'm surprised so many members here haven't been to the psyche ward.

18. Pulsar

Pulsar Diamond Member

It's good to hear that you are working through your problems.

Your standpoint on Aspergers is completely wrong. You are taking your case and generalizing with it.

I know highly functioning people with mild Aspergers, and I know people who cannot function at all because of it. There are degrees to the disorder, and that is what determines whether the person can be a 'normal' part of society or not.

19. Pulsar

Pulsar Diamond Member

Frankly, the negative connotations of a psyche ward / psychiatrist should have been thrown away a decade ago. Everyone has issues that they can't deal with: either because they are not introspective enough or simply can't see it from their point of view.

There's nothing wrong with asking someone to help you identify and work through your problems. Hell, it's really no different that getting tutoring on your homework.

20. Thump553

Thump553 Diamond Member

There are several excellent posts here (interspersed with the noise ones) that I hope you take to heart. Good luck and most importantly keep striving to improve yourself. Many people have overcome astonishing disabilities, you can also.

21. Juddog

Juddog Diamond Member

Anarchist420 it's good to hear that you sought help and your posts definitely seem more coherent now.

I have always felt that there is a niche for all people in the world, and the key was to finding that place.
    Some examples: If you lack in emotional characteristics, there is always engineering and scientific areas of study. If you are fearless, you can always turn to firefighting / policework / construction. For people with violent tendencies, there are always combat related sports like MMA. For each of the examples, it's really people turning a quality which could be considered detrimental to some, but positive to others.

The key is to find your strengths and take advantage of them to find a place where you are happy. Based upon your posts, you sound intelligent, so I'm certain that there is a place for you; don't give up hope.

22. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Lifer

I'm sure it's rough, but I hope you're feeling better. Change that mindset from "I can't" to "I will try".

23. HAL9000

HAL9000 Lifer

Good to be here Mr Nose. :)

24. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

OP, I would strongly suggest you lay off the MJ if you do in fact use. The room mate I just kicked out had some depression issues and smokes constantly. I really feel it made his issues worse.

25. blackangst1

blackangst1 Lifer

Anarchist420: Hang in there man. Living with mental illness along with Asperger's Syndrome cannot be easy. And I agree with other comments...your problem is not low IQ. It wouldnt surprise me to learn youre quite high on the scale.

Learn your triggers. Learn what sets you off into self destructive thought processes or actions, and do your best to avoid them.

I admire your bravery for posting this.