Got any Syracuse Orangeman fans here?

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Have lived in Syracuse my whole life til I moved down to Northern VA. Still bleed orange and blue though. Football team is hurtin...gotta can the whole coaching staff and start fresh.

This year's b'ball team looks exciting with some of our new recruits.

And lacrosse..well enough said ;) they rock!

KingBogie

Oct 20, 1999
I love the university, in fact, I am a student there! I'm completely apathetic when it comes to SU football. It's been one let down after another each year I've been here (60+ pt. losses to Va Tech and Miami).

The b-ball team looks extremely exciting. Carmelo Anthony is one of the best recruits in the country! I know we're young, but I'm anticpating sweet 16!

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Hokies are doing well this year but SU always wins at least one big game this year no matter how bad they are doing so watch out ;)

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: nitsuj3580
Hokies are doing well this year but SU always wins at least one big game this year no matter how bad they are doing so watch out ;)

Yeah and the Hokies tend to lose one game out of the year that they shouldn't lose. When I was there, 1996-2000, there were quite a few loses like that. Temple, Miami of Ohio, etc... Gah, the team is almost championship caliber. But not quite there.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: nord1899
Originally posted by: nitsuj3580

Yeah and the Hokies tend to lose one game out of the year that they shouldn't lose. When I was there, 1996-2000, there were quite a few loses like that. Temple, Miami of Ohio, etc... Gah, the team is almost championship caliber. But not quite there.

move to a real conference and then maybe i'll believe they're "almost championship caliber."

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
a real conference? who won the national championship last year. Oh that's right, the Big East champion :)

Tech is very strong. Seeing them scheduling LSU and Texas A&M makes it appear they are going away from scheduling the cream puffs they used to schedule out of conference.

Syracuse is scheduling tougher opponents as well out of conference the past few years. I just hope they get rid of the coaching staff and get some new blood in there that can recruit and take advantage of the talent they got. (it was sad when we had mcnabb, konrad, harrison, johnson, etc and couldn't even compete for a national championship cuz we always blow a few should-win games each year)

Pitt and Boston College are also very respectable programs.

I would say the Big East is pretty real.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
yep, miami got good in the last two years. before that they were crap for a decade. and before that they were crap. VT? VT has been consistently overrated for the last 4 years. i fully expect a&m to beat them. i watched them play marshall, and marshall could have won that had their receivers been able to catch the ball when they were wide open. a&m doesn't have marshall's offense but you can be damned sure VT won't roll up the yards on the ground against a&m. the big east and the acc (especially the ACC) don't deserve automatic BCS bids because at most you're going to have 1 good team out of either, and so they could just be included as at-larges. the automatic bid for the ACC is the worst because it basically assures florida state of getting to the BCS unless something really unexpected happens (like last year). and when florida state isn't good you have crap like maryland getting in. pitt and BC may be respectable but the big east was a crapfest for most of the last decade. even donovan mcnabb couldn't bring it out of the gutter single handedly (which hes done with the eagles, for the most part).