Got accepted at an Oxford House . . . and Get to keep my JOB!!

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000
People in recovery know what I mean about the Oxford business. As for the job, the school district I work for screwed up while I was in drug treatment and sent me a letter of termination while I was on authorized leave of abscence. I guess it was their way of saying Merry Fukkmess. Got two good news items today. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: PipBoy
for those not in recovery, wtf is Oxford House?

It's a house that is completely self-run by the alcoholics and addicts who live there. There are over 1000 of them across the country. It gives people who are new to staying sober a chance to live with other positive-minded individuals who want to stay sober, rather than living by themselves or living near their old 'using' buddies. They have a website but I'm too damned tired right now to post it . . . just do search and you'll find it.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: noproblems

It's a house that is completely self-run by the alcoholics and addicts who live there. There are over 1000 of them across the country. It gives people who are new to staying sober a chance to live with other positive-minded individuals who want to stay sober, rather than living by themselves or living near their old 'using' buddies. They have a website but I'm too damned tired right now to post it . . . just do search and you'll find it.

So it's like Animal House.

KK

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: KK

KK

Well, sorta minus the :wine: and :beer: . . . and unfortunately the women.

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000

KK

Well, sorta - minus the :wine: and :beer: . . . and unfortunately the women.

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000

KK

Well, sorta - minus the :wine: and :beer: . . . and unfortunately the women.

noproblems

Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ANY5546
OOPS - accidental double click

Triple click?

Hey, I'm trying to get to the 1000-level . . . I have to have something to shoot for instead of drugs. It's taken me damned near four years to get this far.