Got a wedding announcement today... (girl pic included)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
One of my best childhood friends had several sisters. One of them is about 2 years younger than me. When we were young, I think she had a crush on me, and I had a crush on her for a while too. We were just teenagers, and nothing ever came of it, although her mom always told me that I was supposed to marry the sister...

In a way I guess I am happy for her, but at the same time I was dissapointed when I got an announcement for the wedding in the mail today. I have a girlfriend I am very happy with, but still, cant help feeling like one door just closed.

Did I mention that she is hot? Here is the picture that came with the announcement: the girl

Perhaps now you will have more sympathy... ;)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< wow..she's hot man!!! how could you miss out on that? >>

Did you ever have one of those nightmares where something/someone is chasing you, but you cant run? No matter how hard you think about moving your legs, they just dont respond!

Imagine this sort of thing happening in real life over the course of like 6 years.
It sounds stupid, but it just never happened!

When we were fairly young she made me promise I would take her on her first date. Somehow it just never happened. Who knows?

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< I think she looks bad.

That should make you feel better.
>>

That helps a bit, thanks GoldenBear!

Cooltech2k

Banned
Feb 9, 2001

<< I could be mistaken, but is that a bottle of 'roids I see in his pocket? >>

I Couldnt Have put it any better myself...

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
if you're feeling that bad, you could use the photo for darts pratice on the prospective groom! :D

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< I could be mistaken, but is that a bottle of 'roids I see in his pocket? >>

It certainly doesnt bother me if you slander the guy but actually I think he is that way naturally.

I went to high school with this guy, and his entire family is huge. He has brothers that make him look small, in fact.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< if you're feeling that bad, you could use the photo for darts pratice on the prospective groom! >>

Heh, not a bad idea!

Actually I dont feel bad. More like reflective.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<<

<< I think she looks bad.

That should make you feel better.
>>

That helps a bit, thanks GoldenBear!
>>

Yes, she looks like the type of girl that is mean selfish and a gold digger and overall EVIL. You should go with an ugly girl, none of them are like that.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< Yes, she looks like the type of girl that is mean selfish and a gold digger and overall EVIL. You should go with an ugly girl, none of them are like that. >>

Are you saying this because you feel that in general good looking girls are more likely to have those negative qualities, or do you see something in the picture that I dont?

Noirish

Diamond Member
May 2, 2000
i want to hug her too...

i'd give her 79/100.
she almost makes it to the 80 mark.

Mephistopheles

May 16, 2001
Jothaxe, I don't envy you at all. I went to school with a girl that I thought was perfect. I was really in love. And she felt the same for me. Like an idiot I did nothing. She even suggested that we go out. But because she was superrich(is that a word?), I felt very insecure about it. That I wasn't good enough for her. I had such regret and I thought I'd never find someone like her but... My current gf is awesome. And when you totally understand and communicate with your gf, you will feel something that no crush can compare to. Better?

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thanks for all the well-thought-out words, Mephistopheles.

I am incredibly happy with my gf, and dont want anyone else, but still for some reason the announcement made me reflect...

<< And when you totally understand and communicate with your gf, you will feel something that no crush can compare to. Better? >>

Yes, I do feel better, thanks! :)

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
If your happy with your current gf, if you genuinely love her then you have NO reason to feel you miss out on anything. Be happy for you and be happy for yourself.

As for the pic.... she looks damn nice. I'm no expert on what girls find attractive in guys but he doesnt strike me as being too impressive though.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< If your happy with your current gf, if you genuinely love her then you have NO reason to feel you miss out on anything. Be happy for you and be happy for yourself. >>

I agree. I wouldnt say I feel like I am missing out. Just reflecting on the turns life has taken... :)