Got a Sonicare toothbrush for Father's Day....it's grrrEAT!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I love this thing! It blasts all the tartar and plaque out of your teeth without having to scrub, it times you to brush for two minutes, it lasts for two weeks on a charge, and my teeth feel like I just came from the dentist everyday now. Get one!

EDIT: I got this one: Sonicare Advance 4300

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
Which one did you get?

I've been wanting to get one for a while now.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Yeah, it makes your teeth feel so clean afterwards...now I just need the floss attachment and I'll be all set.

But here's a warning: If you've somehow got some bad gums (scraped it earlier, whatever), take it easy around there, as the Sonicare will make it bleed like no other. Next thing you know, the head's just throwing little bits of blood all over the bathroom. not pretty. :)

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
I also have one and love it.
There's only 1 complaint I can think of... went to the dentist last week for my cleaning and she didn't really have very much to clean. They should give you a discount if they don't have to spend 45 minutes scraping on tartar. :p
Maybe next year I'll eat a lot of candy before I go... just to give them a little more work to do. ;)

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mutilator

Maybe next year I'll eat a lot of candy before I go... just to give them a little more work to do. ;)

A fruit roll-up would be good, they always get stuck in my teeth and are a pain to rinse off

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina
what brands/models please
Phillips Sonicare
I think there's only really 2 models... with Quadpacer (30 sec timer intervals) and without.
Looks like this is the model I have since it came with 1 head and the carrying case.

Edit - just saw the elites have different heads than the advance models. I doubt you can go wrong with whatever model you get.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I like mine too.

Samsclub has a 2 pack for a hundred bucks. Got one for myself and MrsNitemare.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
don't use it with baking soda toothpaste. for some reason it will start to crack the toothbrush.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
don't use it with baking soda toothpaste. for some reason it will start to crack the toothbrush.
You're also supposed to use it with Gels not Pastes.

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Originally posted by: lozina
what brands/models please

<sarcasm>
I don't have one, but I'm guessing from the thread that the brand is Sonicare.
</sarcasm>

Ok.....

FYI: Sonicare has a consumer lineup of 5 models. All slightly different.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Mutilator
Originally posted by: ElFenix
You're also supposed to use it with Gels not Pastes.

theres baking soda gels. a friend of mine was using some with his and it cracked the toothbrush. he called up and they told him they'd just discovered the problem and sent him a new toothbrush.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Yeah, it makes your teeth feel so clean afterwards...now I just need the floss attachment and I'll be all set.

But here's a warning: If you've somehow got some bad gums (scraped it earlier, whatever), take it easy around there, as the Sonicare will make it bleed like no other. Next thing you know, the head's just throwing little bits of blood all over the bathroom. not pretty. :)

That is true, electric toothbrushes can also cause gum problems if you arent careful with them. They will brush your gums away.

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: EvilYoda

The Sonicare doesn't have floss attachment. You might be thinking of the Cybersonic II which does have one. You're right about the blood splatter though if you run into some poor conditions!

I have a 4700 Advance and it's worth every penny. Great product.