got a biology test at 12

jimmypage13

Jul 30, 2005
today is a bad day for me, got a biology 101 test at 12 :( , I hate biology is too much theory for me :(

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
Hope you feel better now that it's over.... but basic bio it's nowhere near as bad as combining molecular biology with organic chemistry.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
For the past many weeks I've been going crazy studying for the GRE biology exam. I graduated in 2000 and I sure as hell know less now then I did then.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
no offense, but biology is one of the easiest courses you can take.

Especially 101

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: isekii

Especially 101

even though you put "no offense", I have to say that's a rather ignorant comment for you to make.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac

Especially 101

even though you put "no offense", I have to say that's a rather ignorant comment for you to make.

:thumbsup:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001

Especially 101

I don't understand what can be so difficult about Bio 101. Easiest science course you can take besides like Geology.

They spoon feed you the information, all you need to do is memorize and spit it out verbatim.

Also, since Bio 101 classes are usually very large, it's multiple choice questions so all you really need to do is memorize.

Is memorizing that difficult ?

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001

Especially 101

I don't understand what can be so difficult about Bio 101. Easiest science course you can take besides like Geology.

They spoon feed you the information, all you need to do is memorize and spit it out verbatim.

Also, since Bio 101 classes are usually very large, it's multiple choice questions so all you really need to do is memorize.

You seem to be one of those people who have issues thinking about things from different perspectives. A few examples. One is that Biology 101 at your school may be the easiest science, but at another school it may not be the easiest. Additionally rote memorization may be easy for you (grats?) but for some people it is not so easy. This would be the whole "critical thinking" thing that you are missing.

Personally I am a conceptual person. I loathe memorizing a boatload of information and spitting it out verbatim. It sure as heck isn't easy for me to do that, however I do find it easier to understand the system of something. For example when I took organic chemistry, back in the day, I was awful at memorizing those stupid reaction/catalyst/product things and spitting them out on a test. But I totally rocked at knowing mechanisms because I understood the concept of how things worked more so than just memorizing a bunch of junk I could look up in a book.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Babbles

Especially 101

You seem to be one of those people who have issues thinking about things from different perspectives. A few examples. One is that Biology 101 at your school may be the easiest science, but at another school it may not be the easiest. Additionally rote memorization may be easy for you (grats?) but for some people it is not so easy. This would be the whole "critical thinking" thing that you are missing.

Personally I am a conceptual person. I loathe memorizing a boatload of information and spitting it out verbatim. It sure as heck isn't easy for me to do that, however I do find it easier to understand the system of something. For example when I took organic chemistry, back in the day, I was awful at memorizing those stupid reaction/catalyst/product things and spitting them out on a test. But I totally rocked at knowing mechanisms because I understood the concept of how things worked more so than just memorizing a bunch of junk I could look up in a book.

my sister's bio 101 exam was no joke for me and I'm a 4th year bio major, granted that she is at an ivy league school. Its really impossible to say that one class is easier/harder than another