Gore heavily criticizes Bush's policies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Hehe, I'm surrounded by morons again. The long and the short of it is that Bush was awarded Florida's electoral vote by default because the Supreme Coup stopped the vote count and didn't do what is supposed to happen in an election, count all the legal votes state wide. That was done later by a newspaper consortium which showed that gore got the most legal votes state wide, but published a bunch of horse sh!t claiming Bush won this way and that way and every kind of way but the total state wide vote which Gore won. Gore won the Florida election but the election was stolen by 5 swines on the Supreme Coup who substituted their judgment for the will of the people of Florida. They selected the person who lost the election and the worst President in history.

as much as i agree with you...

i'll feel sorry for you when a few choice idiots crawl out of bush's ass and give you a taste of their mind (which isn't much, hehe).

one question comes to mind tho... why isn't he being impeached? i don't think our economy can handle so many republicans in power much longer.

Why would he be impeached? The economy is 100% CLINTON!!! The economy started going downhill under CLINTON. Got that? Take an economics class before you make an @$$ out of yourself. Also, how can you impeach a president because the economy is not doing that good? Our economy is not even all that bad. Unemployment is still pretty low, but not compared to the 90's. I don't understand why you blame republicans for the economy. It sounds like you are just looking for a scapegoat.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: josphII
Hehe, I'm surrounded by morons again. The long and the short of it is that Bush was awarded Florida's electoral vote by default because the Supreme Coup stopped the vote count and didn't do what is supposed to happen in an election, count all the legal votes state wide. That was done later by a newspaper consortium which showed that gore got the most legal votes state wide, but published a bunch of horse sh!t claiming Bush won this way and that way and every kind of way but the total state wide vote which Gore won. Gore won the Florida election but the election was stolen by 5 swines on the Supreme Coup who substituted their judgment for the will of the people of Florida. They selected the person who lost the election and the worst President in history.

funny because as i recall just about every institution that continued to count votes stated that bush received more votes. what i didnt like was how Gore went on national TV and stated 'I just want all the votes to be counted' when behind the scenes he tried to throw out military votes and wanted absurd standards for what constitutes a vote in democratic counties (can you say hanging chad?) while having the strictest of standards in republican strongholds. not to mention there were already like 5 recounts by the time the US Supreme Court ended the madness and finally decided to UPHOLD THE LAW, which the Florida Supreme Court had no interest in. Not only did Gore lose but he lost all credibility in many peoples' eyes.

Stop with the story about the military votes already. Gore wanted the military votes counted. The LEGAL military votes. Not the incomplete military votes the FLORIDA REPUBLICAN PARTY entered information on, on state property, in Florida state offices. Those were illegal. As were late ballots and incomplete ballots.

Just wanted them to be legal ballots. Like all the ones that were being re-counted under Florida law.

PS
There was never a complete re-count. You can say the ballots were re-counted 5 times and maybe there were 5 attempts at re-counting them but they were never re-counted.

Partly becuase the Republican Party flew operatives down to the Florida election offices where they formed a mob which threatened election officials. The Republican operatives were photographed and named.

Gore won. The Supreme Court stopped the count and awarded Florida to Bush. An election coup not a victory.

Bush is not my president and never will be.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: Pers

as much as i agree with you...

i'll feel sorry for you when a few choice idiots crawl out of bush's ass and give you a taste of their mind (which isn't much, hehe).

one question comes to mind tho... why isn't he being impeached? i don't think our economy can handle so many republicans in power much longer.

Why would he be impeached? The economy is 100% CLINTON!!! The economy started going downhill under CLINTON. Got that? Take an economics class before you make an @$$ out of yourself. Also, how can you impeach a president because the economy is not doing that good? Our economy is not even all that bad. Unemployment is still pretty low, but not compared to the 90's. I don't understand why you blame republicans for the economy. It sounds like you are just looking for a scapegoat.

There was a long thread on the Off Topic forum about the economy but it was a while ago and it's gone now.

There was much data there about the start of the recession. It began in spring 2001. Over a full year after Bush came to power. As far as employment in the 90's your facts are simply wrong. The 90's under Clinton were years of some of the lowest unemployment since statistics on unemployment began.

And the economy is all that bad. Facing deficits ranging from and estimated $400 BILLION to $500 BILLION per year for as far as the eye can see. Not including the costs associated with the unnecessary invasion of Iraq. That's an estimated $600 BILLION for all costs.

Pretty bad.

But maybe not an impeachable offense. Lying to congress about national security issues to invade a nation which posed no threat to the US, that is an impeachable offense.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
It began in spring 2001. Over a full year after Bush came to power.

You had better check your math. Bush took office January 2001.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Anyone who thinks that gore "really" won the election needs to take their dumbass back to government class.
rolleye.gif
Next thing you know, you'll be saying that people elect the president (when in fact the Electoral College does)!
rolleye.gif

There was an orderly Constitutional procedure for resolving the Florida election. But the US Supreme court decided to throw the Constitution out the window and freeze the Florida election at a point where Bush had the lead, but that result doesn't reflect an actual count of all the legit votes. In most cases this wouldn't matter all that much, but there is no way to establish who won the election with such a razor thin margin, without doing the work that the US Supreme court stopped.

Their argument was that it was better to use a fictious vote count because it was better to have that instead of allowing the Constitution to work, because Florida's voters could be disenfranchised.

But that is completetley illogical, because since no one knows who actually would have one in Florida, just deciding that Bush one also disenfranchised the voters of Florida. It's just by doing it the way they did it the Republican majority on the Supreme court appointed a Republican president.

Now, most Democrats have accepted this, in the interest of what's best for the country and because even if their decision is flawed it's accepted that the Supreme court gets to decide these kind of issues.

But that doesn't change the fact that Bush was not elected president, he was given the office.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
This has got to be the first time in my life I've ever agreed with Al Gore about anything... I feel dizzy now.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
But that doesn't change the fact that Bush was not elected president, he was given the office.

Better look up "fact" ;)

The FACT is that he was elected according to the Constitution of the US. To say otherwise is utter ignorance.

CkG

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think the Constitution says it's up to the states to conduct elections and disputes are resolved by the House of Representatives. It doesn't give the Supreme Court any role in the process. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And I think the term that needs to be looked up in a dictionary is "elected"..;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I think the Constitution says it's up to the states to conduct elections and disputes are resolved by the House of Representatives. It doesn't give the Supreme Court any role in the process. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And I think the term that needs to be looked up in a dictionary is "elected"..;)

Who elects the president?

CkG

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

Certainly not the supreme court.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

Certainly not the supreme court.

And the Supreme Court of the United States didn't elect OR choose the President.

DPS - have you figured out who elects the President yet? :D

CkG