GOP waiting for Trump to die.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
The GOP is only now trying to distance themselves from President Dotard because they realize he's dragging down the party with his insane bullshit. They're really liking that jackass Desantis who is a waste of time for many but he doesn't cling onto his dumbass takes. Desantis is by far their best choice for 2024 but Desantis makes moves like a coked out Mick Jagger would and will make a miserable blunder every so often that even his so called adamant supporters will cringe at and shake their head in disagreement. Trump can say whatever the hell he wants but the GOP gets the final say of who appears on the ballot regardless of whatever rules are in place. I wouldn't dream of them not dumping Desantis for a more tasteful candidate.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The GOP is only now trying to distance themselves from President Dotard because they realize he's dragging down the party with his insane bullshit. They're really liking that jackass Desantis who is a waste of time for many but he doesn't cling onto his dumbass takes. Desantis is by far their best choice for 2024 but Desantis makes moves like a coked out Mick Jagger would and will make a miserable blunder every so often that even his so called adamant supporters will cringe at and shake their head in disagreement. Trump can say whatever the hell he wants but the GOP gets the final say of who appears on the ballot regardless of whatever rules are in place. I wouldn't dream of them not dumping Desantis for a more tasteful candidate.

I dont think DeSantis has the same realtime bully gene Trump has. The more I see of this guy the more I think Trump is gonna eat him alive.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I dont think DeSantis has the same realtime bully gene Trump has. The more I see of this guy the more I think Trump is gonna eat him alive.
We're saying different things here. The GOP would prefer Desantis over trump. Only trumpers are a lost cause and Trump's bully gene and callousness has caused fractures and losses in the GOP. He is bad news to their future every second he's around and running his mouth.

Desantis for as much an asshole he can be certainly has charm that returnee voters to the righteousness of life from the claws of the orange turd would vote for before any Dem. If the GOP wanted Trump to stick around they would be focusing on him like a wild bear to leftover honey smoked ham.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We're saying different things here. The GOP would prefer Desantis over trump. Only trumpers are a lost cause and Trump's bully gene and callousness has caused fractures and losses in the GOP. He is bad news to their future every second he's around and running his mouth.

Desantis for as much an asshole he can be certainly has charm that returnee voters to the righteousness of life from the claws of the orange turd would vote for before any Dem. If the GOP wanted Trump to stick around they would be focusing on him like a wild bear to leftover honey smoked ham.
Sure, I just dont see GQP getting their way, Trump will torpedo the GQP into oblivion and if he actually loses the nomination, he'll tell his base to stay home or he wins the nom and enough sane R's stay home and enough D's will show up... either way's good for dems.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Trump ultimately needs to go away, but I won't mind if he drags down the Republicans and ensures another Democrat presidency or two (and thus helps preserve democracy itself for a few more years).

On that note: I must admit I'm amused at the thought of how a Trump vs. DeSantis debate might go. Trump will no doubt try to hog the spotlight and shout over anyone, but DeSantis is nothing if not malicious and underhanded; I can see it getting ugly in a way that makes Trump vs. Clinton look civil.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Sure, I just dont see GQP getting their way, Trump will torpedo the GQP into oblivion and if he actually loses the nomination, he'll tell his base to stay home or he wins the nom and enough sane R's stay home and enough D's will show up... either way's good for dems.
His base is a small fragment of the GOP. If they cared enough about him Fox news would keep bringing him back, but they dropped him, and the far right tv channels just got dropped by major telecoms. The blond floof is up a shit creek without a paddle.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So Trump is finally turning out to be the proverbial loser loudmouth f'd up uncle that everybody avoids at the family get-togethers.

Now jus' who could'a thunk that. lol

Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
With just a bit of luck...some of his followers will figure out just how badly he lied to them...and do something about it.

Wait...his followers aren't that fckn smart.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Let's never forget that the Republicans don't care how horrible and evil trump is, they just don't like that his antics are a bit more of a liability than they need right now. If Trump could get away with being as evil as he was they'd be fine with him, now they just need a slightly different evil delivery person with better messaging and less baggage.

Basically the Republicans are just as evil as before they are just being a little more strategic in how to deliver their evil.