GOP rep: 'Nobody dies' from not having health care

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Emergency room is just for that - emergencies. They'll fix your broken bone, they'll resuscitate you, they'll pump your stomach if you happened to swallow poison.

However, once the immediate emergency is over they'll discharge you and send you home. Emergency rooms treat emergencies, they do not provide healthcare. Emergency room won't treat your cancer, they won't do anything for your heart condition, or your failing liver, or kidneys. Seizures? Bad luck, can't help you. High blood pressure, sorry, can't help you. Diabetes? Sorry, you're on your own.

I really do not get why this is so difficult to understand.

Because you are talking to a complete retard.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This is extremely relevant and goes to the heart of why blue states don't already have "universal insurance." In short progressives don't want to pay for the poor either when the time comes for their wallets to meet their wished-for end state.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...rats-won-t-admit-about-voters-and-health-care
There has been broad consensus on Medicare, which covers the most expensive of patients, for decades. Extending that same concept doesn't stretch the imagination that much.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is extremely relevant and goes to the heart of why blue states don't already have "universal insurance." In short progressives don't want to pay for the poor either when the time comes for their wallets to meet their wished-for end state.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...rats-won-t-admit-about-voters-and-health-care

Interesting opinion piece. That's all it is, of course. The flip side of the argument is that the poorest & sickest will move to blue states, thus relieving their states & relatives back home of the burden of their care. I'm sure there's some of that happening wrt the Medicaid expansion, like moving across the river to Illinois from Missouri but it's not that big a deal because the feds are paying the bills...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They won't be curing your cancer anywhere. If you get cancer you die, rich or poor.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I honestly believe thats the dumbest thing ever said in P&N.

But only the ninth dumbest thing said on Anandtech.

For reference, the dumbest thing I've ever read was when a member said his laptop really needed the nvidia Quadro because of all the extra rendering in Everquest, because it was an online game.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
At this point I’d really like to see the filibuster disappear.
I really want to see some turd like this guy repeal ACA and allow insurers to drop people like pre ACA.
Yeah there would be pain but that pain add accountability. Go ahead GOP dump the ACA without a replacement, let’s see how that works out for you and I do not think you all have the balls to cancel it.
Bunch of whining pussies.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At this point I’d really like to see the filibuster disappear.
I really want to see some turd like this guy repeal ACA and allow insurers to drop people like pre ACA.
Yeah there would be pain but that pain add accountability. Go ahead GOP dump the ACA without a replacement, let’s see how that works out for you and I do not think you all have the balls to cancel it.
Bunch of whining pussies.
Remember, the attempts to repeal the ACA failed to get 50 votes. The filibuster almost prevented it from coming into being, it did not save it.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Exactly, remove the filibuster make the sad sacks man up and get something done.

It would be pretty good if R's good to take health insurance away from millions. I'm sure we'd hear all about how the mean Democrats made them do it, or Hilary, or quidprojoe, or whatever, die hard R's won't care anyways, when it's your time it's your time, so sayeth OT God. Life saving medicine is just another trick by the devil to make you doubt God's existence

Feb 4, 2009
Simple example right here.
Guy made a decision, success or failure it is in his hands. No filibuster to hide behind.
While I don’t agree with his decision, I do agree this is how it should work (the process part)

I know State decisions aren’t covered by the filibuster. I am saying this guy made a decision and it is his head on the line if it turns out poorly. That is what accountability looks like.
If R’s want to kill ACA and retirement programs. Good let them vote on it and put the vote on record, they can claim success if it works or feel the pain if it doesn’t work.