GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert calls on Biden to lower flags in honor of Rush Limbaugh

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I figure if I lived in Florida I'd have psychosomatic disorders like acid reflux. I'd be gobbling Tums. I'd need anger management mitigations. JK ... sorta.
As somebody living in North Florida (Wisconsin) I'm not far off. Thank Christ we have a Democrat for Governor now. Milwaukee and Madison voters are the only thing holding this state together and taking the crown from Florida.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
As somebody living in North Florida (Wisconsin) I'm not far off. Thank Christ we have a Democrat for Governor now. Milwaukee and Madison voters are the only thing holding this state together and taking the crown from Florida.
Dress rehearsal for Jan. 6 happened in WI as well as the governor abduction plot. I hope Wisconsin's governor's security detail is stout and strong. Lot of loonies there, as we have seen.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
I figure if I lived in Florida I'd have psychosomatic disorders like acid reflux. I'd be gobbling Tums. I'd need anger management mitigations. JK ... sorta.

Don't move to North Carolina we have it only slightly better where a Democratic governor battles a gerrymandered legislature in an vallent attempt to fight Covid with republicans fighting him street by street. It is a war.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Don't move to North Carolina we have it only slightly better where a Democratic governor battles a gerrymandered legislature in an vallent attempt to fight Covid with republicans fighting him street by street. It is a war.
I believe a poster here declared some months ago that if you go into a Home Depot in his region in North Carolina wearing a mask you will be accosted. So, yeah, "war." I heard recently that conditions vary widely in NC depending on where you are.

Where I am, people have gotten pretty into mask wearing. If you see someone on the street not wearing a mask you will probably see their mask hanging around their neck, at the ready. Our rates have been improving a lot and I think masks are a big part of it, and of course just general awareness of the protocols. The wild card looks to be the variants that continue to evolve.

Reactions: Pohemi

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

NC and WI sharing notes.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
I believe a poster here declared some months ago that if you go into a Home Depot in his region in North Carolina wearing a mask you will be accosted. So, yeah, "war." I heard recently that conditions vary widely in NC depending on where you are.

I am that poster.

Yes somewhat widely. I live near Durham county where people tend to mask and be somewhat polite to each other. It is an area largely populated by descendants of emancipated slaves who came to work in tobacco factories. They are fighting to maintain their communities from "county gentrification". I tend to look to this community for contractors for my modest projects. I have yet to be dissapointed.
Northern Wake where I live is full a mega christians and the newest insult on a main road is Biden/Harris and a Nazi flag. We drove to a lot of state parks to hike this year. The Black/Native American regions are devoid of or rarely a Biden harris signs the rest of the counties solid *rump. It is really black and white with the exception of the highly educated areas being strongly blue areas. My neighborhood of 30 homes starting value 500K is overwhelmingly anti vaxxers. These are not stupid people. They drive Audis, BMW's, even teslas.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I am that poster.

My neighborhood of 30 homes starting value 500K is overwhelmingly anti vaxxers. These are not stupid people. They drive Audis, BMW's, even teslas.
I'm sorry, but "not stupid people" being "overwhelmingly anti vaxxers" has got to be the oxymoron of the day. Driving an "Audi, BMW or even Tesla" does not make you smart. I heard on the TV evening news ~5 years ago that a study had found that BMW drivers are twice as likely as the average person to get a divorce. A fact like that sticks in your head.

I figure that anti vaxxers are automatically suspect, and that's an understatement. I have put a lot of time and effort into investigating the vaccination development/deployment aspects of this pandemic. I figure that anyone who is not pro-vaccine in this situation is badly ill-informed and the ill-informed are clearly somewhat "stupid" if they base their considered opinions on bad information.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm sorry, but "not stupid people" being "overwhelmingly anti vaxxers" has got to be the oxymoron of the day. Driving an Audi, BMW or even Tesla does not make you smart. I heard some years ago that BMW drivers are twice as likely as the average person to get a divorce. A fact like that sticks in your head.

I figure that anti vaxxers are automatically suspect, and that's an understatement. I have put a lot of time and effort into investigating the vaccination development/deployment aspects of this pandemic. I figure that anyone who is not pro-vaccine in this situation is badly ill-informed and the ill-informed are clearly somewhat "stupid."
yup, just because you can earn big bucks does not make you intelligent. or at the very least able to critically thinking.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Florida sucks, but I'm in a blue county here. I could move to a blue state and be surrounded by mouthbreathers quite easily.

As far as Rush and flags--I'd be asking if they could go up any higher. Fuck that guy and all the division and hatred he spewed for decades.

As far as anti-vaxxer, I know a very intelligent person (able to do a difficult job with data) who is an anti-vaxxer. People can be very smart in one area and an ignorant loony in another. Just look at Ben Carson, that guy is a fool but he literally wrote the book on Brain Surgery. And yes, if you believe in anti-vax crap you are a loony.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
So far not a whisper out of Biden about Rush limbaugh?
I wonder if he had to tie a string around his finger. Don't do it just don't do it Joe!

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
My neighborhood of 30 homes starting value 500K is overwhelmingly anti vaxxers. These are not stupid people. They drive Audis, BMW's, even teslas.
They ARE stupid though, even if not meaning by booksmarts. They are fucking moronic.
I'm sorry, but "not stupid people" being "overwhelmingly anti vaxxers" has got to be the oxymoron of the day. Driving an "Audi, BMW or even Tesla" does not make you smart.

I figure that anyone who is not pro-vaccine in this situation is badly ill-informed and the ill-informed are clearly somewhat "stupid" if they base their considered opinions on bad information.
As far as anti-vaxxer, I know a very intelligent person (able to do a difficult job with data) who is an anti-vaxxer. People can be very smart in one area and an ignorant loony in another. Just look at Ben Carson, that guy is a fool but he literally wrote the book on Brain Surgery. And yes, if you believe in anti-vax crap you are a loony.
Yeah...the idea that income and wealth equates to intelligence? Look at Trump. Does he strike you as a smart guy? :rolleyes:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I wonder if he had to tie a string around his finger. Don't do it just don't do it Joe!
I think he decided that remaining silent was the best policy for him in this matter, and I thoroughly agree. Sometimes you just have nothing to say.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Not gonna start another thread for another reason that Boebert is either an idiot, a liar, or both.

Apparently she has been telling this story about a man being "beaten to death" outside her restaurant in Rifle, Colorado (LOL) being the reason she openly carries a gun. She told the story as recently as two days ago on the floor of the House, and many times prior, including on Fox News. Well, surprise surprise, it isn't true.

Apparently a man was found dead near her restaurant around that time, but the ME ruled it was an OD from meth (of course). To be fair to Boebert, it was initially reported as a possible homicide, but also, as the article points out, she has had 7 years to get the facts straight about it before repeating it over and over again in public.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Where I am, people have gotten pretty into mask wearing. If you see someone on the street not wearing a mask you will probably see their mask hanging around their neck, at the ready. Our rates have been improving a lot and I think masks are a big part of it, and of course just general awareness of the protocols. The wild card looks to be the variants that continue to evolve.
Never seen mask wearing as an issue in my area. Of course the Seattle metropolitan area was being held up by NYT in an article about how well this area has survived COVID.

NYT article about how well seattle area handled covid - Bing paywalled of course.

One year later, the Seattle area has the lowest death rate of the 20 largest metropolitan regions in the country. If the rest of the United States had kept pace with Seattle, the nation could have avoided more than 300,000 coronavirus deaths.

During a year in which the White House downplayed the virus and other political leaders clashed over how to contain it, Seattle’s success illustrates the value of unified and timely strategies: Although the region’s public health experts and politicians grappled behind the scenes about how to best manage the virus, they came together to present a united front to the public. And the public largely complied.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Good.

You can stop acting like Limbaugh was some kind of foreign dignitary, or ambassador.

Then again, I guess the kindest thing that someone can say about him is, he was the ambassador of Shitsville, because we all know that the capitol Is Propaganda and Chaos

Mar 11, 2004
Not gonna start another thread for another reason that Boebert is either an idiot, a liar, or both.

Apparently she has been telling this story about a man being "beaten to death" outside her restaurant in Rifle, Colorado (LOL) being the reason she openly carries a gun. She told the story as recently as two days ago on the floor of the House, and many times prior, including on Fox News. Well, surprise surprise, it isn't true.

Apparently a man was found dead near her restaurant around that time, but the ME ruled it was an OD from meth (of course). To be fair to Boebert, it was initially reported as a possible homicide, but also, as the article points out, she has had 7 years to get the facts straight about it before repeating it over and over again in public.

To be fair, she apparently blew her own goddamn brains out at some point. Probably one day while "good guy" tongue cleaning her surrogate penis and accidentally popped off.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Good.

You can stop acting like Limbaugh was some kind of foreign dignitary, or ambassador.

Then again, I guess the kindest thing that someone can say about him is, he was the ambassador of Shitsville, because we all know that the capitol Is Propaganda and Chaos
I was pleased he never said anything. :)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Geez, I remember when there was this positive attribute called character. Apparently, its no longer required for a member of congress, at least in the Republican party.

Lauren Boebert faces new scrutiny amid report she failed to settle a court-ordered debt | Salon.com

"Just before she was elected to Congress last year, U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) finished paying off the state of Colorado nearly $20,000 in back taxes owed by her restaurant, Shooters Grill, located in Rifle," reported Jason Salzman. "The debt took the form of eight tax liens assessed since 2016 for failing to pay unemployment insurance. But a ninth lien, assessed by the Garfield County Court after Boebert refused to garnish an employee's wages, remains unpaid, according to the Garfield County Court, in a response last week to a records request by the Colorado Times Recorder. The outstanding lien of $2,578 was assessed against Shooters Grill after Boebert and an employee, who'd been sued by a debt collector, failed to respond to the court and the lawyers involved."

An earlier report indicated that Boebert failed even to appear for the telephone court hearing on the matter. This is part of a pattern, as she was arrested in 2016 for failure to appear for a traffic ticket.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Shooter's Grill... located in Rifle...

Haha, look at the bottom half of their "Our Story" page :tearsofjoy:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
that horrific 'chop of her with the EBR out front. Gag!
@hal2kilo , she was already an understudy to her mentor regarding character. He was an inspiration with how he shilled the workers and bankrupted small businesses. A shining example of being a good guy.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo