GOP Politicians banned from Wisconsin Labor Day Parades

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Most people appear to be right to you.

And as for the content of the OP, what a pitiful idea. Those in charge should be ashamed of themselves.

1) Actually there are some poster more to the left then I am ;)

2) Just posting to show the type of vitriol there is in my state due to an extreme Right Wing Agenda. It's going to get real ugly in January for Walker's Recall.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What would you call it if one policy allows for more teachers to be hired and a smaller class size and another doesnt? If you prefer larger class sizes and less teachers. I would say you are for screwing the kids.

What makes you believe this is one isolated incident? Why would this district see such a noticeable swing attributed directly to the law and others wont?

Here are more districts with projected savings.

http://maciverinstitute.com/2011/07...ne-to-save-155-million-through-new-contracts/

I would welcome democrats running on a platform of reducing teachers, increasing class sizes, all while increasing costs to tax payers.

Can you get anymore of a Right wing source then that?

LMAO a Right Winger portraying himself as a savior of Education? LMAO X 100 My hypocrisy meter just blew up on that latest bullshit you just posted.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117192683.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41840204/ns/us_news-life/t/wis-governor-ax-million-education/

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116339939.html

http://www.thenation.com/blog/16051...consins-walker-pushes-privatization-education

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
As a WI resident, I'm happy that something was done about the overspending. Either we had to be taxed more or we needed to spend less. Some hard decisions had to be made.

I don't know how Walker will really do, his policies just got put in place not all that long ago. I understand a lot of people don't like those policies, but I don't understand what the grounds are for a recall, either. It seems like a waste of time to me...

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
1) Actually there are some poster more to the left then I am ;)

2) Just posting to show the type of vitriol there is in my state due to an extreme Right Wing Agenda. It's going to get real ugly in January for Walker's Recall.

Indeed, there are some, but that's why I said most. :D

And in this case, the vitriol is coming from the organizers of the parade, who have reduced themselves to a childish level. Even if you would like to argue (and presumably offer proof) that the right has done something similarly childish (voting anti-union measures in does not constitute childish behavior), that will not change my opinion. Just because one side chooses to behave poorly does not provide an excuse for the other to justify their behavior, nor would poor behavior in another setting be the topic of this thread at hand. Is it so hard for people to act like civil adults?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Can you get anymore of a Right wing source then that?

LMAO a Right Winger portraying himself as a savior of Education? LMAO X 100 My hypocrisy meter just blew up on that latest bullshit you just posted.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117192683.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41840204/ns/us_news-life/t/wis-governor-ax-million-education/

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116339939.html

http://www.thenation.com/blog/16051...consins-walker-pushes-privatization-education

Yes, as a right winger, controlling costs does benefit the system and is better for the children. Clearly, by cutting the cost of funding existing teachers benefits it will open up money for districts to hire more teachers, shrink class size, and potentially provide a better education for children while lessening the burden on the tax payer. Afterall that is the reason for the system isnt it? The children? Or is the system in your opinion for the teachers as you seem to be saying?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Indeed, there are some, but that's why I said most. :D

And in this case, the vitriol is coming from the organizers of the parade, who have reduced themselves to a childish level. Even if you would like to argue (and presumably offer proof) that the right has done something similarly childish (voting anti-union measures in does not constitute childish behavior), that will not change my opinion. Just because one side chooses to behave poorly does not provide an excuse for the other to justify their behavior, nor would poor behavior in another setting be the topic of this thread at hand. Is it so hard for people to act like civil adults?

I posted 1 example earlier when the Koch Bros shipped in fake protestors to scream over the top of our Representatives in Townhall meeting during the National Healthcare debate.

Here is another example when the Republicans ran "fake" democrats in a primary election in order to stall the Recall Elections of 6 GOP Senators that way more right wing cash and propaganda could flow into the state. I know my mailbox was filled to the max for 2 months of Koch based propaganda.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, as a right winger, controlling costs does benefit the system and is better for the children. Clearly, by cutting the cost of funding existing teachers benefits it will open up money for districts to hire more teachers, shrink class size, and potentially provide a better education for children while lessening the burden on the tax payer. Afterall that is the reason for the system isnt it? The children? Or is the system in your opinion for the teachers as you seem to be saying?

I think you are missing the point of these links...the money cut from the schools were funneled to the Corporations to create jobs but we have continued to lose jobs in Wisconsin.

Also being a right winger don't you absolutely despise public education? I mean if you privatize it then you should be able to make a buck off it.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I think you are missing the point of these links...the money cut from the schools were funneled to the Corporations to create jobs but we have continued to loose jobs in Wisconsin.

Also being a right winger don't you absolutely despise public education? I mean if you privatize it then you should be able to make a buck off it.

The point of these links was to stir up public outrage by linking two actions that have nothing to do with each other. As GWB said, "Mission Accomplished".

That said the legislation is having its desired result. Freeing up money at the district level that will allow for a potentially better system for the children. And I am curious if you believe the school system is for the children or the teachers? Because from where I am sitting in MN, the republican plan is for the children for the already stated reasons. The democrat plan to allow unions to keep saddling tax payers with more health and pension costs is for the teachers.

As a right winger I want a public school system that runs efficiently and provides the results the tax payers deserve. Any sensible cuts that allow for more teachers, smaller class sizes, and less burdens on the tax payers is a good start in my book.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Is there a lot of good US teachers that are going to take these jobs with all the benefits etc cut?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Why would you believe they wouldnt work with these cuts? Are teachers in Wisc quitting en masse?

I can see a teacher holding onto his job right now.
But it's another thing to assume there is going to be good people to fill the new jobs.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The point of these links was to stir up public outrage by linking two actions that have nothing to do with each other. As GWB said, "Mission Accomplished".

That said the legislation is having its desired result. Freeing up money at the district level that will allow for a potentially better system for the children. And I am curious if you believe the school system is for the children or the teachers? Because from where I am sitting in MN, the republican plan is for the children for the already stated reasons. The democrat plan to allow unions to keep saddling tax payers with more health and pension costs is for the teachers.

As a right winger I want a public school system that runs efficiently and provides the results the tax payers deserve. Any sensible cuts that allow for more teachers, smaller class sizes, and less burdens on the tax payers is a good start in my book.

All these saving that you claim to be happening is NOT the new normal as you seem to make it out to be. The cuts that he has passed if you would have read any of the links I posted proved that they would do just the opposite of what you claim smaller class sizes. I would also like to argue that with restrictive legislation like this what kind of quality teach would even consider working in an environment like this? Do I care about the kids? of course I do.

Off Topic...your from MN? I think your Gov is a God ;) Can we swap?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
But it's another thing to assume there is going to be good people to fill the new jobs.

It is a crap shoot in the current system. So I dont see why the tax payer and children should be held hostage because saddling the teacher with more of their helath and benefits costs "might" cause new teachers to not work in the future.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
You guys just cling to your buzzwords in all your arguments. Come up with something substantial for a change. Me? I'm not the one attacking. I don't believe Walker is waging an all-out war against unions, against workers, against jobs, etc. etc. etc. I _do_ believe this is all good rhetoric, though, to infuriate people to hopefully gain a political vote for life.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I posted 1 example earlier when the Koch Bros shipped in fake protestors to scream over the top of our Representatives in Townhall meeting during the National Healthcare debate.

Here is another example when the Republicans ran "fake" democrats in a primary election in order to stall the Recall Elections of 6 GOP Senators that way more right wing cash and propaganda could flow into the state. I know my mailbox was filled to the max for 2 months of Koch based propaganda.

And your side ships in people to protest for them all the time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/23/AR2007072302011.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2011/08/music-city-center-unions-nashville.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704288204575362763101099660.html

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

Over 9% unemployment. There are people more than ready to take their positions in a heartbeat.

Your argument can be applied to all positions in all industries. When you become a business owner over the long-haul, one thing that becomes more than apparent is that very, very, very, very few people are irreplaceable. Someone quits, another gets hired and life moves on.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
All these saving that you claim to be happening is NOT the new normal as you seem to make it out to be. The cuts that he has passed if you would have read any of the links I posted proved that they would do just the opposite of what you claim smaller class sizes. I would also like to argue that with restrictive legislation like this what kind of quality teach would even consider working in an environment like this? Do I care about the kids? of course I do.

Off Topic...your from MN? I think your Gov is a God ;) Can we swap?

I read your links. Most were from Feburary\march and were poor predictions. The links I am providing are from this summer when the real world results of the legislation are starting to be tallied. Huge difference. My first link even states the district will be hiring more teachers with the freed up funds from the legislation.

You want a gov with a deer in the head lights look 24/7, shut the state down for 3 weeks only to cave to the original demands of the legislature? Not to mention he is from old money. You know the evil rich :D

Have at him. The guy was a horseshit senator and will make an even worse gov. But, we are a state that elected Jessie Ventura, Amy Klobachar, and Paul Wellstone. So we set the bar real low here!

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I doubt this be an isolated incident with the amount of vitriol cause by Gov. Walker's attack on labor unions.

Public employee unions are NOT labor unions. Labor unions engage in collective bargaining. Labor unions have an adversary they must negotiate with. There is no negotiating adversary of a public union... why cant you democrats understand that? Public employee unions are just extortion fronts... more akin to mafia organizations than actual labor unions.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I love your rightwing links they fail to compel me to change my position. I also would like to note the only one that remotely had anything to do with what I was talking about was the last one and coming from the Wall Street Journal (Penile Extension of Fux Noise) made it laughable at best.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Public employee unions are NOT labor unions. Labor unions engage in collective bargaining. Labor unions have an adversary they must negotiate with. There is no negotiating adversary of a public union... why cant you democrats understand that? Public employee unions are just extortion fronts... more akin to mafia organizations than actual labor unions.

Why can't you understand the Rights hard on with Unions has NOTHING to do with cost and EVERYTHING to do with Election contributions.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I read your links. Most were from Feburary\march and were poor predictions. The links I am providing are from this summer when the real world results of the legislation are starting to be tallied. Huge difference. My first link even states the district will be hiring more teachers with the freed up funds from the legislation.

You want a gov with a deer in the head lights look 24/7, shut the state down for 3 weeks only to cave to the original demands of the legislature? Not to mention he is from old money. You know the evil rich :D

Have at him. The guy was a horseshit senator and will make an even worse gov. But, we are a state that elected Jessie Ventura, Amy Klobachar, and Paul Wellstone. So we set the bar real low here!

Well at least he isn't a student of ALEC and suck Koch cock....

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I love your rightwing links they fail to compel me to change my position.

You will either change your position after these people take everything you got, or you will join the leech army and rob the taxpayer blind like they do. Just make sure you are prepared to accept the consequences of being on the wrong side of an angry mob of pissed off broke taxpayers who saw just how good the public union pigs have got it and decided they arent going to put up with it anymore. It is coming. So if you're on the side of the pigs, then you better not get too fat because the fattest ones are gonna get roasted first. Mark my words, it is coming.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You will either change your position after these people take everything you got, or you will join the leech army and rob the taxpayer blind like they do. Just make sure you are prepared to accept the consequences of being on the wrong side of an angry mob of pissed off broke taxpayers who saw just how good the public union pigs have got it and decided they arent going to put up with it anymore. It is coming. So if you're on the side of the pigs, then you better not get too fat because the fattest ones are gonna get roasted first. Mark my words, it is coming.

The amount of money your side claims that we piss away on welfare queen PALES in comparison to how much fucking money you assholes waste in War and bailing out Wall Street.