GOP Politicians banned from Wisconsin Labor Day Parades

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ahh the civility of the left. Using a family day to make a statement about politics. They sound butt hurt.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Maybe the right will ban the left from Memorial day parades since they are as anti-war as the right is anti-labor.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Maybe the right will ban the left from Memorial day parades since they are as anti-war as the right is anti-labor.

Is Memorial Day about being pro-war or honoring citizens who have died in the service of their country?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I doubt it because all the Democrats that lost their lives in numerous Wars need representation.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Hell we all know the Republican's are the model of civility :eek:

I dont recall Republicans claiming they were, unlike the left.

That said this is really petty, but not surprising. Like I said, they sound butt hurt Republicans were able to curtail the unions right to rape tax payers every year and tax payers for the most part sided with Republicans on the recall elections.

It will be hard to defend the union's position when more news like school districts turning a surplus due to the Republican's plan gets out.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article...ter-changes?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I dont recall Republicans claiming they were, unlike the left.

That said this is really petty, but not surprising. Like I said, they sound butt hurt Republicans were able to curtail the unions right to rape tax payers every year and tax payers for the most part sided with Republicans on the recall elections.

It will be hard to defend the union's position when more news like school districts turning a surplus due to the Republican's plan gets out.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article...ter-changes?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE

The attack on the Unions had nothing to do with the budget or in your words "raping the taxpayer" it was a purely a Political move by our Koch sucking Gov.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqhtUTyqVOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnSv3a6Nh4

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The attack on the Unions had nothing to do with the budget or in your words "raping the taxpayer" it was a purely a Political move by our Koch sucking Gov.

Are you denying the story? Will or will that school district not see a huge swing from deficit to surplus? And on top of that shrink class sizes and hire more teachers from the republican plan?

You can bet this isnt the only school district that will see similar results.

Try to attack that on election day. Your slogan can be "We want more benefits for current teachers at the expense of your children".

Good luck.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
But their jobs were killed by the Republicans.

So letting political quarrels roll into national holidays and interfere with citizens ability to show community because of political beliefs is okay?

I personally don't think it is okay.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Are you denying the story? Will or will that school district not see a huge swing from deficit to surplus? And on top of that shrink class sizes and hire more teachers from the republican plan?

You can bet this isnt the only school district that will see similar results.

Try to attack that on election day. Your slogan can be "We want more benefits for current teachers at the expense of your children".

Good luck.

It doesn't look like your glowing report of our Governor is resonating with the voters of Wisconsin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub.../wisconsin_governor_walker_43_approval_rating

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So letting political quarrels roll into national holidays and interfere with citizens ability to show community because of political beliefs is okay?

I personally don't think it is okay.

Sort of like when the Koch bros shipped in all those "angry grassroot protestors" during the healthcare debates in my state?

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
http://www.channel3000.com/politics/29003238/detail.html

I doubt this be an isolated incident with the amount of vitriol cause by Gov. Walker's attack on PUBLIC labor unions.It's going to be interesting to see if he can hold on when he gets recalled in January.

Public labor unions....not private. The public labor unions needed to be attacked. Way too much power and no oversight on their part. Rape, rape, rape the taxpayer all day long. It needed to be curtailed.

It's just like you and your ilk to leave out important words. I love it when others also talk about immigrants when they are talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. Leaving out important adjectives when describing something must have been taught in our public schools.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It doesn't look like your glowing report of our Governor is resonating with the voters of Wisconsin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub.../wisconsin_governor_walker_43_approval_rating

I personally dont care about the gov. What I care about is the fact the plan worked. School districts will see increases in disposable funds that will allow for more teachers to be hired, shrinking class sizes, and less strain on the tax payer.

Are you so shortsighted and pro union you deny those simple facts? In other words are willing to say "screw the kids" because you think teachers should be allowed to force districts into contracts they cant possibly sustain?

If that is the case. It is nice to know "for the kids" is a hollow statement. And I hope democrats run on a slogan of "screw the kids" since that is what they clearly want.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I personally dont care about the gov. What I care about is the fact the plan worked. School districts will see increases in disposable funds that will allow for more teachers to be hired, shrinking class sizes, and less strain on the tax payer.

Are you so shortsighted and pro union you deny those simple facts? In other words are willing to say "screw the kids" because you think teachers should be allowed to force districts into contracts they cant possibly sustain?

If that is the case. It is nice to know "for the kids" is a hollow statement. And I hope democrats run on a slogan of "screw the kids" since that is what they clearly want.

Screw this kids? LMAO Your taking 1 isolated incident and claiming victory?? We'll see if your superior knowledge of my State and how it's run rings true after the January Recall Election.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sort of like when the Koch bros shipped in all those "angry grassroot protestors" during the healthcare debates in my state?

That's also bad. Neither being bad makes the other action okay though, it just makes two bad actions.

I'm so happy I'm not chained down to a political party, it would be really hard to keep defending one side or the other all the time.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Public labor unions....not private. The public labor unions needed to be attacked. Way too much power and no oversight on their part. Rape, rape, rape the taxpayer all day long. It needed to be curtailed.

It's just like you and your ilk to leave out important words. I love it when others also talk about immigrants when they are talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. Leaving out important adjectives when describing something must have been taught in our public schools.

My ilk? LMAO if you don't like or can handle what I say then block me.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's also bad. Neither being bad makes the other action okay though, it just makes two bad actions.

I'm so happy I'm not chained down to a political party, it would be really hard to keep defending one side or the other all the time.

Yet all the posts I ever see you make are obviously partisan and to the Right.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

Most people appear to be right to you.

And as for the content of the OP, what a pitiful idea. Those in charge should be ashamed of themselves.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

Libertarian really and mostly just Austrian economics, I mostly just post in the economic threads anyways. So yes if left has something that comes across as libertarian and espouses personal freedom, I will support it, and if the right says something that I feel hampers personal freedom, I will oppose it.

Abortion for example, I don't give a shit if you do it, but I don't want to see any public funds go to subsidize abortion. So that's both a left and right response. Freedom to choose what you want to do with your pregnancy, and freedom for the taxpayer to not have to pay for something they don't believe in.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Screw this kids? LMAO Your taking 1 isolated incident and claiming victory??

What would you call it if one policy allows for more teachers to be hired and a smaller class size and another doesnt? If you prefer larger class sizes and less teachers. I would say you are for screwing the kids.

What makes you believe this is one isolated incident? Why would this district see such a noticeable swing attributed directly to the law and others wont?

Here are more districts with projected savings.

http://maciverinstitute.com/2011/07...ne-to-save-155-million-through-new-contracts/

I would welcome democrats running on a platform of reducing teachers, increasing class sizes, all while increasing costs to tax payers.