GOP Introduced Bill Amendment To Defund White House Challenge To Arizona Law

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Oh those silly republicans...
This will just force Senator Jim DeMint and David Vitter's own illegal maid and nanny to work twice as hard to clean up there crap before they get deported.
And you know one thing for sure, senator Jim DeMint and David Vitter will never give up their $2 an hour maid/slave service.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ce-departments-lawsuit-against-arizona/59754/

Considering the fact that the vast majority of Americans support this Arizona law this should be interesting.

On a side note, I wonder when the Obama justice department will sue states/cities that have "sanctuary" policies that are immigrations related ;)

You know it's kind of funny that you complain about this now. Looking at this graph, Obama has done more then your idol Bush. Hmmm.....

Deportations%20by%20Fiscal%20Year.jpg

And look at this official DHS report, on page 2.

DHS report

It shows that from 2000 to 2008 (ahem, under Bush) the illegal population went from 8.5 to 11.6 million. Gee, that sure looks like an increase, doesn't it?

Where were all y'all then? I don't remember all these threads yelling for Bush's impeachment for illegal immigration and the like. Funny how you only started caring once Bush left (just like so many other things). Hypocrisy is good, right?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
You know it's kind of funny that you complain about this now. Looking at this graph, Obama has done more then your idol Bush. Hmmm.....

DHS report

It shows that from 2000 to 2008 (ahem, under Bush) the illegal population went from 8.5 to 11.6 million. Gee, that sure looks like an increase, doesn't it?

Where were all y'all then? I don't remember all these threads yelling for Bush's impeachment for illegal immigration and the like. Funny how you only started caring once Bush left (just like so many other things). Hypocrisy is good, right?

Ever occur to you that a growing problem eventually grows into greater visibility? Those numbers are not out of a fixed population.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The other thing that may be worth pointing out, is that the illegal immigration problem
which used to be an almost totally non violent problem has lately turned violent. And much of that violence has fallen on Arizona.

But a deeper look shows much of the immigrant violence is not really related to illegal immigration, but rather on Mexican drug gangs who have found great success using violence and intimidation in terms of importing illegal drugs into the USA.

Once those drugs are into the USA proper, they can be turned over to US nationals with criminal backgrounds and no violence is needed to prevent their flow into the rest of the country.

As for the overwhelming majority of the some 12 million illegal immigrants, they are merely looking for non violent employment. But just a few totally ruthless drug gangs
does much to change the public image. These drug gangs are totally ruthless thugs on both sides of the border and their typical tactics are if a little violence will not solve their problems, more violence will.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I don't see how congress can keep the justice department from pursuing this. It needs to go to the Supreme Court anyway so we can get a clarification.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
The other thing that may be worth pointing out, is that the illegal immigration problem
which used to be an almost totally non violent problem has lately turned violent. And much of that violence has fallen on Arizona.

Not to burst your bubble but violent crime is down in AZ and more illegals are getting deported than ever before.

The fearmongering is better than the truth though I guess.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Let's here what an actual judge has to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SuxjzoLyf0#t=0m44s

I liked your link very informative.

So your in favor of the DEMs . wanting more votes for their party as the judge said. Thats why they want all the asswipes here.

So your infavor of the rep. wanting cheaper labor so that your standard of living going down and fewer jobs for real americans. Thats what the Judge said. Ya its a real win win for real americans, No matter what your view isn't it.

Or are you picking and choosing what you want out of this judges statements?

Did the judge say . Arizona has the right to defend its borders from illegals or not . How does Arizona defend itself from the illegal invasion without making law . If the US government would enforce their immagration laws this woulkdn't be a problem . Now would it .

Prove to me Obama ever lived on the Islands. Prove to me Obama was never a resident of indonisa and attended a Muslim school there. Prove to me his step father was not muslim . The reason Obama is so light on this problem is that he MAY BE here illegally here himself . Prove to me Obama never used a connecticut SS number that belongs to a 100+ year old dead person.
Prove to me that the SO called Birth certifcate as seen on the web is a birth certificate rather than a docoment saying that such a document exist. But the American public has NEVER seen such a document . The actual Birth certificate

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

But a deeper look shows much of the immigrant violence is not really related to illegal immigration, but rather on Mexican drug gangs who have found great success using violence and intimidation in terms of importing illegal drugs into the USA.

Once those drugs are into the USA proper, they can be turned over to US nationals with criminal backgrounds and no violence is needed to prevent their flow into the rest of the country.

As for the overwhelming majority of the some 12 million illegal immigrants, they are merely looking for non violent employment. But just a few totally ruthless drug gangs
does much to change the public image. These drug gangs are totally ruthless thugs on both sides of the border and their typical tactics are if a little violence will not solve their problems, more violence will.

I agreed but isn't wholesale drugs dealing and murder Terrorism . Yes it is . and its time to deal with the terrorrist

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I told ya last week about the hack sawing of the swing chains and a child was hurt. I don't like that . This week our little village terrorist did something I not sure what to think of. Hundreds of hispanics invade our park every weekend. So this Saturday when they arrived in the hundreds they were greeted with human shit smeared all over the benches and tables. It was a nice quit weekend as they all left . I don't approve of such actions but it did do the job . I give our little terrorist credit he found a non violent way to get them out . So thats one way to deal with these people . Rather than handing them a welfare check give them a bucket of shit. See how fast they leave.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
So you think public opinion should matter more than whether or not the law is unconstitutional ?
Absolutely. And I don't think the law is unconstitutional, anyway. But in any case, public opinion is what changes the constitution, adds amendments, etc., so of course it is more important.

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
I liked your link very informative.

So your in favor of the DEMs . wanting more votes for their party as the judge said. Thats why they want all the asswipes here.

So your infavor of the rep. wanting cheaper labor so that your standard of living going down and fewer jobs for real americans. Thats what the Judge said. Ya its a real win win for real americans, No matter what your view isn't it.

Or are you picking and choosing what you want out of this judges statements?

Did the judge say . Arizona has the right to defend its borders from illegals or not . How does Arizona defend itself from the illegal invasion without making law . If the US government would enforce their immagration laws this woulkdn't be a problem . Now would it .

I don't favor either party, which is why I don't support either party. I suggest you watch the video again and listen to the parts where the judge calls Arizona's law unconstitutional.

Prove to me Obama ever lived on the Islands. Prove to me Obama was never a resident of indonisa and attended a Muslim school there. Prove to me his step father was not muslim . The reason Obama is so light on this problem is that he MAY BE here illegally here himself . Prove to me Obama never used a connecticut SS number that belongs to a 100+ year old dead person.
Prove to me that the SO called Birth certifcate as seen on the web is a birth certificate rather than a docoment saying that such a document exist. But the American public has NEVER seen such a document . The actual Birth certificate

WOW. That's like the jackpot of angry crazy rants. You never disappoint. How about you do prove to us you're an American citizen first? I've never seen your birth certificate! How do I know you're even human?!!!

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Ever occur to you that a growing problem eventually grows into greater visibility? Those numbers are not out of a fixed population.

That is correct.

And since the 'population' has seen a credible reduction over the last 3 years (primarily in 'self' deportations) it ties in quite nicely with the 30% increase in legal deportations over the same term.

Not to burst your bubble but violent crime is down in AZ and more illegals are getting deported than ever before.

The fearmongering is better than the truth though I guess.

Big lack of truth from you, fer sure.

Arizona has pretty much led the nation in 'self deportations' for nearly 3 years. IIRC, around 18% of the 'population' left in 2008, alone.

But don't let those facts get in the way of your rage and disinformation.

--

Last edited:

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
That is correct.
Big lack of truth from you, fer sure.

Arizona has pretty much led the nation in 'self deportations' for nearly 3 years. IIRC, around 18% of the 'population' left in 2008, alone.

But don't let those facts get in the way of your rage and disinformation.

--

What rage? Just stating facts which you backed up. More illegals are getting deported. Same thing I said and violent crime IS down here.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
No usurping that I am aware of... simply dropping them off on the fed's doorstep when they find them. Now, if they started deporting them on their own, then it would step on federal toes. Hell, the feds can decide to let them go without investigation (ignoring current immigration law)... which is where I again say that Arizona isnt really encroaching on federal territory. Judging by the little I have heard of the suit, it doesnt sound like the Justice department is on solid legal ground. They were going on about political and international relations issues... I bet none of which are in actual immigration law. It isnt the balancing act that they claim. We are a nation of laws. Follow the law. If the feds were doing that, we wouldnt be here.

We dont verify identification enough in the US. If we did, we would find more people. I dont know what 4th amendment violation occurs by asking to show ID... in all of my interactions with the authorities, it is the first thing they have asked me to do... even before telling me the reason for the interaction. My rights werent violated...

Ironically, these criminals (and they are criminals as it is a crime to be in this country without permission) wont get caught unless they break the law (again). If they dont break the law, they could have a t-shirt with "I am an illegal alien" on it and the state authorities (theoretically) could do nothing to them that they could not do before the law. I personally dont see how illegal aliens have iron clad claim on Constitutional rights to begin with (they are ILLEGALS... as in not citizens or even guests to this country), particularly as it relates to their immigration status.

Funny... feds are selective about when to enforce the Constitution on a regular basis. Seems to always revolve around preserving power.

I personally don't think the Constitution applies or should apply to illegal aliens. I bet I'm going to catch some flack for saying that, but I don't really care. The Constitution recognizes guests and citizens. These people are neither.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I don't favor either party, which is why I don't support either party. I suggest you watch the video again and listen to the parts where the judge calls Arizona's law unconstitutional.

WOW. That's like the jackpot of angry crazy rants. You never disappoint. How about you do prove to us you're an American citizen first? I've never seen your birth certificate! How do I know you're even human?!!!

I listened to the judge . But were does he have authority were does this magic authority come from . Other fubar judges who have personnal agendas. Based on teachings that are outdated, Destroy the law and be free.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
What rage? Just stating facts which you backed up. More illegals are getting deported. Same thing I said and violent crime IS down here.

Well when this law goes into effect . What you want to bet that Arizona cleans out that safe zone were real americans at present dare not tread.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Well all ya had to do was ask . I will show it to ya. Just like I did in the 70's to employers as it was the law . Make it law again. No birth certificate no job. Plain and simple.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

DHS report

Perhaps you were unconscious those eight years, but Bush is the original open borders/blanket amnesty guy and took (and deserved) hell from true conservatives on it. Being more anti-illegal immigration than Bush is like being prettier than the East Germany Olympic weightlifting team, not exactly something that gives you bragging rights. One thing Bush did NOT do though was legally attack those states trying to help fix the problem, even though he clearly didn't support their efforts.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Perhaps you were unconscious those eight years, but Bush is the original open borders/blanket amnesty guy and took (and deserved) hell from true conservatives on it. Being more anti-illegal immigration than Bush is like being prettier than the East Germany Olympic weightlifting team, not exactly something that gives you bragging rights. One thing Bush did NOT do though was legally attack those states trying to help fix the problem, even though he clearly didn't support their efforts.

I agree, I am pointing that that most people here "magically" discovered illegal immigration as a problem only when that Kenyan Muslim became President.

Similar to how these same people had no problem with Reagan, Bush I and Bush II driving the deficit up enormously, but had no problem with it (and probably neither knew nor cared about it) until, again, a Kenyan Muslim got into office.

If McCain were president (or for some, probably Palin), these problems would magically disappear from their problem list, and they wouldn't care about them, only to re-discover them next time someone with a D after their name gets elected.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Illegal immigration comes up every single time the economy sucks. This is nothing new, people are looking for someone to blame. When things are going well, no one gives a flying fuck. I'm only 25 and I can recall at least three times in my life alone when people have gone coocoo crazy over immigration, and yet the end result is always the same.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I agree, I am pointing that that most people here "magically" discovered illegal immigration as a problem only when that Kenyan Muslim became President.

Similar to how these same people had no problem with Reagan, Bush I and Bush II driving the deficit up enormously, but had no problem with it (and probably neither knew nor cared about it) until, again, a Kenyan Muslim got into office.

If McCain were president (or for some, probably Palin), these problems would magically disappear from their problem list, and they wouldn't care about them, only to re-discover them next time someone with a D after their name gets elected.
Quite true. If McCain were president we'd have the exact situation we have with Obama. McCain doesn't reach across the aisle, he lives there between elections, and anyway the Republican establishment has the same views on immigration as the Democrat establishment. Who knows what a President Palin would try to do? I suspect though that if she tried to fix the problem, the Republicans in Congress would provide exactly as much support as could be provided without actually accomplishing anything, as neither party intends to change the status quo and both would like credit for amnesty AND closing the border, the only difference being they might actually do amnesty. The first thing a politician loses is generally his or her spine, followed closely by the sense of ethics and responsibility.

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
Let's here what an actual judge has to say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SuxjzoLyf0#t=0m44s

I like the fact that one of the options mentioned for Arizona in this interview was to threaten to succeed from the Union. He believes just the threat alone should wake up the Federal Government. Hmm, interesting tactic.

I'm surprised that Arizona and Texas haven't called up the National Guard to guard the border, since that is within their rights.

THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 4. EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 7. COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF MILITARY FORCES; CALLING FORTH MILITIA. He shall be Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State, except when they are called into actual service of the United States. He shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions.

Let's see if the Arizona Constitution has simular articles.

Arizona Constitution

ARTICLE 5. EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 3. The governor shall be commander-in-chief of the military forces of the state, except when such forces shall be called into the service of the United States.

Last edited: