• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

GOP Introduced Bill Amendment To Defund White House Challenge To Arizona Law

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I like the fact that one of the options mentioned for Arizona in this interview was to threaten to succeed from the Union. He believes just the threat alone should wake up the Federal Government. Hmm, interesting tactic.

I'm surprised that Arizona and Texas haven't called up the National Guard to guard the border, since that is within their rights.

THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 4. EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 7. COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF MILITARY FORCES; CALLING FORTH MILITIA. He shall be Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State, except when they are called into actual service of the United States. He shall have power to call forth the militia to execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions.

Let's see if the Arizona Constitution has simular articles.

Arizona Constitution

ARTICLE 5. EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 3. The governor shall be commander-in-chief of the military forces of the state, except when such forces shall be called into the service of the United States.
Obama would definitely be suing, if not nationalizing their Guard contingents preemptively, if they called up the Guard to guard the border.

Of course, the real reason they don't is because of the cost.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I told ya last week about the hack sawing of the swing chains and a child was hurt. I don't like that . This week our little village terrorist did something I not sure what to think of. Hundreds of hispanics invade our park every weekend. So this Saturday when they arrived in the hundreds they were greeted with human shit smeared all over the benches and tables. It was a nice quit weekend as they all left . I don't approve of such actions but it did do the job . I give our little terrorist credit he found a non violent way to get them out . So thats one way to deal with these people . Rather than handing them a welfare check give them a bucket of shit. See how fast they leave.
You're just a straight up racist. You couldn't give a hot shit which way a law was written, as long as Hispanics are targeted, you're happy. Why stop at Hispanics? Why not smear shit where Jews and Blacks congregate, too?

ASK THE COMMUNITY