GOP committee withholds payments to Dane and Milwaukee counties for recount costs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wouldn't sell trump a lemonade without the money up front. He should have on of the lowest FICO scores they use.
Trump did pay up front. As others have mentioned it is STATE REPUBLICANS being assholes here.

For maybe the first time ever it’s not actually Trump’s fault that someone who did work for him isn’t getting paid.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Why do people keep misinterpreting what (and who) is happening here? There should be enough articles and stories about it by now...I hate Trump as much as the next person but it isn't him...it's some GOP asshats in a committee in the state legislature that 'objected' to the disbursement of the $3m to the two counties.

The recount would have never started if he hadn't already paid in advance...

The employer is the counties or state government, and the employees are apolitical ballot/poll workers. It isn't like it's a private company that was counting ballots.
It's sad that in 2020, a county can't trust it's own state government for payment on something the state is demanding.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why do people keep misinterpreting what (and who) is happening here? There should be enough articles and stories about it by now...I hate Trump as much as the next person but it isn't him...it's some GOP asshats in a committee in the state legislature that 'objected' to the disbursement of the $3m to the two counties.

The recount would have never started if he hadn't already paid in advance...

The employer is the counties or state government, and the employees are apolitical ballot/poll workers. It isn't like it's a private company that was counting ballots.

Make that *Trump loving asshats*.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Do you guys ever consider putting the shoe on the other foot? Imagine you're the worlds biggest self important asshole or somebody who worships Trump. He spends 3 million dollars, that would set me up for life, to do a recount that is supposed to show he won and it turns up with more votes for that worthless Biden. What self respecting Mafia Don or one of his minions is going to pay that bill.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
There are still laws that the county has to pay wages in a timely manner.

They should turn around and sue the state for any extra expenses, of course.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
It's sad that in 2020, a county can't trust it's own state government for payment on something the state is demanding.
Yeah, I don't even understand how one or two people that are part of a committee in the state legislature can interfere with an account disbursement to gov workers by simply throwing up a false flag. Makes no sense but it IS Wisconsin where the state legislature has been almost all GOP for a long, long time.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Calling all trump supporters, can you explain this shit? No, you can't.

You know trump knows about teh aliens and he's going to be making the art of the deal with them, right? You OK with that? You goin with Megatron?

• Haha

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I don't know if the state is liable (governments tend to legislate exemptions for themselves) but it looks like an ordinary employer would be subject to a 50% penalty for failure to pay wages in a timely manner under WI Stat 109.11(1)(b).

I apologize for jumping to assumptions that Trump did his usual modus operandi and not realizing it was entirely a different group of GOP scumbags shafting the little guy yet again.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I don't know if the state is liable (governments tend to legislate exemptions for themselves) but it looks like an ordinary employer would be subject to a 50% penalty for failure to pay wages in a timely manner under WI Stat 109.11(1)(b).

I apologize for jumping to assumptions that Trump did his usual modus operandi and not realizing it was entirely a different group of GOP scumbags shafting the little guy yet again.
We have some of the most despicable state reps and state legislature in the US, or at least it seems that way for anyone living here in the thick of the idiocy.

It's become a contest these last few years to see who can out-crazy and out-shithead each other in their governance (and more accurately, interference). It's happening in both the Federal gov (see: Bitchface McConnell, Lindsey Graham, etc) and state govs as well.

I really believe they're just trying to "impress" the orange one and get on his radar...all it takes is one positive comment from him right now to make lesser officials 'popular' among his base...make a name for themselves as the craziest, most diehard 'conservatives' in government. It's not been about good governance for many years now.