GOP Attacks Democrat Who Lost Both Legs In Iraq For 'Not Standing' For Vets

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I know the op is a partisan hack nut job but common, this thread is nothing but trolling.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm going to criticize OP for making something out of nothing, because I decided to simply bitch and moan about the title of the thread, rather than what OP quoted and OP stated.

Because I'm a conservative, the biggest victim in all of the world. Forever.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm going to criticize OP for making something out of nothing, because I decided to simply bitch and moan about the title of the thread, rather than what OP quoted and OP stated.

Because I'm a conservative, the biggest victim in all of the world. Forever.

Please tell us how his remarks even make any sense:

So is their entire base just low information voters now who will not even bother to check facts?

What does the "base" have to do with this?

Or do you think he meant campaign workers (National Republican Senatorial Committee) and that before they released a statement about 'standing up for xyz' they should have researched the person to make sure they had legs?

Really?

Fern

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Please tell us how his remarks even make any sense:

What does the "base" have to do with this?

Or do you think he meant campaign workers (National Republican Senatorial Committee) and that before they released a statement about 'standing up for xyz' they should have researched the person to make sure they had legs?

Really?

Fern
The NRSC is headed by sitting Republican Senators.

Now, given that the Republican base is actively working against the Republican establishment this year...which would ostensibly include Republican Senators like the ones in charge of the NRSC...then I guess you're right...for the wrong reason.

If the NRSC was headed by Republican campaign workers (as you said), rather than sitting Senators, I think it would be arguable that the NRSC was "the base", rather than the Establishment.

Indus should have said "GOP Establishment" instead of "base".

So, congrats on the victory. And, thanks for presenting the opportunity for me and you to learn who the NRSC is and who runs it!

Although, I guess we could thank Indus for creating the thread, giving everyone the opportunity to learn something about the NRSC, in addition to the hilariously inept tweet they sent out.

Thanks Indus.

My original post in this thread still stands, oddly enough.