GOP Arizona Guv Argues It’s Better To Have A White Nationalist In Office Than A Dem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So the answer to my original question is that the color designation is the racist flag, and that there are black nationalists.
Thanks.

Disproportionate power, reach and scale may suggest one is more important to address than the other. Both / all to be opposed, but one stands out and takes precedent.

I'll note you have no example of the importance of the hairs you've split. It is just distraction and diversion from the topic at hand. Almost like a ploy to protect through deflection.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I just imagine what would in the Republican Party when Democrats win a triffecta in Texas at some point in the future.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Sure. You keep believing that. A bunch of tweaks here and a bunch of tweaks there and suddenly 74 million Americans no longer prefer fascism.

Bud when democracy fails.. people prefer fascism.

And our democracy is failing. The people were promised stuff and they got nothing.. no studen loan forgiveness, no expansion of medicare into single payer, no tuition free colleges.. nothing. Nada. Zilch!

Instead we're getting our asses handed to us on 1619 and critical race theory which no one gives a rats ass about.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
All of which explains why I was asking about the color designator.
At a basic level I have no issue with people that want be around others that look like them, it's such a common thing that most people don't even think about it. Right here in my little city there ethnically divided neighborhoods. There sure as hell aren't any rules establishing that, but the lines are clear. I assume it's just what they're comfortable with.
I guess there will always be idiots that get militant about it.

I’d be willing to bet you’d claim you’ve never ever heard the expression “redlining” before I wrote it in this sentence and just cannot fathom such a thing….so may I present an apology from the National Association of Realtors for their part in establishing those racially segregated neighborhoods….

NAR President Charlie Oppler Apologizes for Past Policies that Contributed to Racial Inequality

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Disproportionate power, reach and scale may suggest one is more important to address than the other. Both / all to be opposed, but one stands out and takes precedent.

I'll note you have no example of the importance of the hairs you've split. It is just distraction and diversion from the topic at hand. Almost like a ploy to protect through deflection.
That's pretty simple math. Whites are for the time being, the largest portion of the population, so it stands to reason that they will have the most racists. They also have a longer more entrenched history of racism, they've had a lot more practice. At least here in the US.
As far as actual examples go, I haven't looked. My interest as far as this thread goes was simply wondering about the qualifier and how it pertained to the act.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
All of which explains why I was asking about the color designator.
At a basic level I have no issue with people that want be around others that look like them, it's such a common thing that most people don't even think about it. Right here in my little city there ethnically divided neighborhoods. There sure as hell aren't any rules establishing that, but the lines are clear. I assume it's just what they're comfortable with.
I guess there will always be idiots that get militant about it.

Conservatives like to keep their thinking simple and not get off into the weeds of grays between black and white. The question you are not considering is that by assuming unconsciously that choice is a good thing, that the choices people make are motivated by rational thinking. In fact there are deeper psychological reasons, in my opinion, as to why people tend to segregate like birds of a feather and they are only rational because what they are based on is realistic fears. You may have noticed historical evidence of what happens to black people who get an idea they would like to live with white people. It does not go well for many and the news gets around. Nobody who feels superior about themselves because they are so hollow inwardly that they need to boost their ego via some imaginary superiority of skin color wants to lose that crumb they have. That means on average racists will denigrate whites who are happy to integrate and black people who try to. The result over time is neighborhoods divided by color. If it were based of who has big or small feet it would turn out the same.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Bud when democracy fails.. people prefer fascism.

And our democracy is failing. The people were promised stuff and they got nothing.. no studen loan forgiveness, no expansion of medicare into single payer, no tuition free colleges.. nothing. Nada. Zilch!

Instead we're getting our asses handed to us on 1619 and critical race theory which no one gives a rats ass about.
Democracy isn't failing us. We're failing democracy. 74 million people voted for no student loan forgiveness. 74 million people voted for no expansion of Medicare. 74 million people voted against tuition-free colleges. Another 130 million people didn't think any of those things were worth voting for. Stop blaming Democrats who have not been given the power to change things and put the blame where it belongs: on our voters.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
A Kaibab Squirrel could govern more effectively than Doug Doucey.

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That's pretty simple math. Whites are for the time being, the largest portion of the population, so it stands to reason that they will have the most racists. They also have a longer more entrenched history of racism, they've had a lot more practice. At least here in the US.
As far as actual examples go, I haven't looked. My interest as far as this thread goes was simply wondering about the qualifier and how it pertained to the act.
Simple math? I bet the percentage of racist white people Democrat vs Republican is night vs day. Not all Republicans are racist but if you find a racist your numbers say they are highly likely Republican.

Like Monnie said devaluing it to a numbers game absolves you from having a serious discussion of this ugly underbelly.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Simple math? I bet the percentage of racist white people Democrat vs Republican is night vs day. Not all Republicans are racist but if you find a racist your numbers say they are highly likely Republican.

Like Monnie said devaluing it to a numbers game absolves you from having a serious discussion of this ugly underbelly.
I wasn't commenting on the political affiliation of racists, only on their numbers.
In the grand scheme of understanding racism and addressing the issue, the numbers do indeed matter.
No problem can be solved until it's understood. The simple assignation of blame doesn't move us toward a solution, it may not even help identify the actual problem. We can mask the symptoms with laws and mandates, and that may be a good enough answer, but it's not a solution.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No problem can be solved until it's understood. ...
wtf kind of bullshit statement is this? People accidentally solve problems every day. The idea that you have to 100% understand an issue before you can move to correct it is horse shit, and the backbone of conservative policy. "Can't do anything if there is even a remote chance of a slightly bad side effect!" Fuck that. Change it. If shit goes sideways, change it back or modify. Oh but I'm on ignore so you get to remain ignorant. My loss I guess? Lol

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So the takeaway from this thread is that the current Republican Party and conservative movement in America is too racist for Joe Arpaio and that Republican Governor Doug Ducey is a-okay with the racism in his party and movement.

It is also apparent that Greenman aspires to be the next Ugly Casanova. A suggestion from the past:
If Ugly only asks a question, just ignore the post; it's bullshit.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Someone forgot to tell Sen. Romney that white supremacy and hailing Putin are part of the GOP platform.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I’d be willing to bet you’d claim you’ve never ever heard the expression “redlining” before I wrote it in this sentence and just cannot fathom such a thing….so may I present an apology from the National Association of Realtors for their part in establishing those racially segregated neighborhoods….

NAR President Charlie Oppler Apologizes for Past Policies that Contributed to Racial Inequality

For those who kept denying, this is an admission of SYSTEMIC racism. Although I'm sure you deniers will keep denying

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Someone forgot to tell Sen. Romney that white supremacy and hailing Putin are part of the GOP platform.

Change morons to racists. Romney is calling them morons because they aren't supposed to be OVERTLY racist. However, Romney seems to forget Trump has made that fashionable now.

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo