GOOOOO NAVY! NAVY 39 - EMU 7

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
It's nice to finally see Navy win some games, eh?!

Si.com Recap

ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (Ticker) -- For the first time in six years, Navy has a winning streak at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium.

Using a dominating ground game, the Midshipmen rushed for 372 yards and rolled to a 39-7 rout of Eastern Michigan for their second straight victory.

Navy (2-1) matched its win total from last season and has won consecutive home games for the first time since the 1997 season. The wins over Division I-AA VMI and Eastern Michigan come on the heels of a 14-game losing streak in Annapolis that dated to November 13, 1999.

The Midshipmen (2-1) entered the contest ranked ninth in the nation in rushing at 251 yards per game after finishing fourth last year.

They did not have a 100-yard rusher against Eastern Michigan, but averaged 5.7 yards per carry on 65 attempts.

Leading the way was Tony Lane, who gained 83 yards on just five carries and scored from 32 yards out to give Navy an 18-0 lead less than three minutes into the second half.

Quarterback Craig Candeto rushed for 72 yards, including a three-yard TD run that made it 32-0 with 13:50 remaining.

Trey Hines had a 17-yard TD run and Bronst Carroll added a two-yard score for Navy, which held Eastern Michigan to 32 rushing yards.

Eastern Michigan (1-3), which lost its third in a row, avoided the shutout with 7:13 remaining when C.R. Roberson caught a 13-yard TD from Chinedu Okoro. Okoro was 20-for-37 for 239 yards, but threw four interceptions.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Just wait to see how they do against the ALL MIGHTY RUTGERS! w00t! I think this is the first time in all history that I've ever seen Rutgers > 0.500