googlegear is now zipzoomfly.com?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eriqesque

Jan 4, 2002
Originally posted by: JimRaynor
Zip Zoom Fly??

*Hits bookmark for Newegg*

Absolutley the worst name I think I have ever heard
I will be "Zip Zoom Flying" right over to Newegg.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
And the Award for the 'Gayest Website Name of All time' goes to:................. (Drum roll please)

ZipZoomFly

I wonder how many customers their gonna loose over this idiotic name change. I really don't understand why the big food companies spend millions on focus groups, but this time Googlegear would of Definitely benefited by running this name buy a few other PC users!

P.S Googol, the definition: Is the number 1, followed by 100 Zeros.

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: thatsright
And the Award for the 'Gayest Website Name of All time' goes to:................. (Drum roll please)

ZipZoomFly

I wonder how many customers their gonna loose over this idiotic name change. I really don't understand why the big food companies spend millions on focus groups, but this time Googlegear would of Definitely benefited by running this name buy a few other PC users!

Wow--you're not qualified to critique others . . . :confused:

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 1YellowPeril

ZipZoomFly

Of course I'm not 'qualified' to critique anything or anyone. I just don't like the name, and I think it will be detrimental to Googlegear's/ZZF business. Lighten up a bit.............
rolleye.gif

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: 1YellowPeril

ZipZoomFly

Of course I'm not 'qualified' to critique anything or anyone. I just don't like the name, and I think it will be detrimental to Googlegear's/ZZF business. Lighten up a bit.............
rolleye.gif
My bad--I was just making fun of your o.p. :eek:

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
i checked my fly when i first read it. i thought i forgot to zip up, i dont want anything to get away.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
still probably have crappy canned answers to questions and an uncaring attitude toward customer service. they are no newegg by a longshot.