• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Google thinks I'm a robot

Cathch

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this so please can you move it if not? I found a similar query in this section.

I had a sharing error on Google Drive - I had apparently exceeded my sharing quota by trying to share with 3 people - and read that I should clear cookies. I now can't search on Google at all. I get the CAPTCHA thing over and over. I'm not using a VPN. I'm OK to search from my phone but my laptop won't let me.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
How do we know you aren't a robot?

What if you don't realize you're a robot?

What if this is all just a bad dream?

What if you're a one post wonder and don't come back to this topic?

I can't be sure of anything anymore.

I'd try launching your browser in safe mode or with add-ons disabled, or a different browser, or a different computer to isolate this.

I assume you don't have any of the various methods in place of blocking domains or IP addresses like a firewall or widows host file, over-ambitious 3rd party security suite, etc?

If you are logged into your google account on that browser session, have you tried logging out, or vice-versa, or both logging out and back in?

Point being, it would be useful to isolate whether this is a network issue, a software issue, or a google account issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HeXen Security 5

ASK THE COMMUNITY