Google Play Games details

Ravynmagi

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2007
I don't play games much on my tablets or phone because I've gotten tired of losing progress and having to start games over. I go through devices quite a bit. So with cloud saves I can see myself playing games more again on Android. I just hope it's a feature many games will take advantage of. iOS has this feature already, but many games still don't use it.

Was hoping for some sort of universal bluetooth controller support. So that every game would support a bluetooth controller easily.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Cloud saves are the only thing that I consider useful. It's about time they added it.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I like everything about this, but definitely the save syncing the most. I'm not huge on achievements, but definitely don't like how there's many different services out there like open feint that you have to sign up for to get "full functionality". If everything was just through google then I wouldn't have to sign up for anything, and it'd all be the same.

So, I very much hope devs make use of this as soon as they can.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, I very much hope devs make use of this as soon as they can.

If iOS is any indication, most developers won't even use it. I can't remember when Apple added iCloud sync into the fold for games (or really any app), but I've rarely seen it listed in app descriptions. It's rather disappointing when you own a phone and tablet, and you're forced to use a single device for a universal game lest you want to start over. :\

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Yay, cloud saves. I usually dont game on my phone as I am always restoring of replacing my phones.