CA19100

Jun 29, 2012
Do you have unsecured Wifi or are you sharing it with neighbors?

I've seen that same message when I'm using a hotel's internet connection.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I get that once in a blue moon. It's never really occurred to me worry about it. If it happened repeatedly in a relatively short space of time, I might start really wondering, but so far that hasn't happened. As far as I can recall, it's happened when I've done quite a few rapid-fire searches one after the other. Without bothering to look into it, I've just figured Google thought I was some sort of automated webcrawler and didn't like it, for whatever their reasons...

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
If this is a VPN it will happen. Or your IP was or is being used from a SPAMer or something. Large amount of Google quires will trip this.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Yeah, lots of google queries can cause this... there is no real fix for that though, besides using google less.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Yeah, lots of google queries can cause this... there is no real fix for that though, besides using google less.
Lots of Google queries can cause this and also shady searches.

Searching best bomb site for example has led me there (just made up example can't think of a good one) when searching for best counterstrike Bombsite.

So wouldn't worry.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I didn't think I was that much of a heavy googler, but then I don't know what the average user does either.
In my personal experience (from home, with no one else using my connection), it's not an issue of "using Google a lot," (in which case I'd be getting that page constantly) but rather firing off a lot of searches in quick succession (and by quick succession, I mean 5/10/15 seconds apart) which I sometimes do if I'm having trouble finding something very specific or esoteric and try different terms/variations separately rather than lumping them all together in one overly broad search...

Last edited:

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
My company will have an upswing of this from time to time. We use a cloud web proxy product so our source IP is often that companies. I image quite a few others of their customers have the same issue. But as a I said it comes and goes in waves. Its been a few months since we've had any reports of this. But other times we will have a bunch of employees report this page with in a few hours of each other.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
Oubadah said:
However it happened again yesterday. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it?

Yes I have gotton it also...... Thankfully not much!