Google codifies its desire to aggregate everything about you it can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin.../24/gIQArgJHOQ_story.html?wpisrc=al_comboNE_b

All of your use of any google-owned app now will be tracked and aggregated together (that is unless you are surfing anonymously), starting March 1.

I am not a fan of this at all. Although I have no google+ account (do have gmail, though, but shut down G+) I noticed the other day in search results some stuff from people's google+ accounts who I had on my gmail contact list, so google is already combining things in annoying ways.

It is just a matter of time before their image recognition is further caching all pictures of people and making them searchable as well. I hope you didn't think that picture of you at that party you told your wife you weren't at was going to stay secret if a buddy ever uploaded it anywhere...

The only way around this stuff is by not having accounts and/or using separate services, e.g. Bing which I may start doing for surfing. Not because I think Microsoft is any less evil but because I do not want the world's search giant containing all of my life's behavior online.

Status
Not open for further replies.