Goodbye NX, hello Switch

Page 117 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
IMO Nintendo is much like Apple in that the hardware is less powerful than the competition, but what they do well is the software optimization. I mean it runs MK11 beautifully. Should that even be possible? lol

That being said...their hardware improvements from one gen to the next hasn't been remarkable since SNES to N64. I don't expect the Switch 2 hardware to be a huge jump, but we'll see.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
IMO Nintendo is much like Apple in that the hardware is less powerful than the competition, but what they do well is the software optimization. I mean it runs MK11 beautifully. Should that even be possible? lol

That being said...their hardware improvements from one gen to the next hasn't been remarkable since SNES to N64. I don't expect the Switch 2 hardware to be a huge jump, but we'll see.
Well now look at how MK1 runs on it lol.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Well now look at how MK1 runs on it lol.
I know that one just came out, and admittedly I have not played it. And will not. Friend told me about the super-excessive DLC. Get a character through DLC, great. Oh, but now you need to pay more JUST TO GET THE CHARACTER'S VOICE-OVERS? Holy frick. No thanks, WB.

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
So while I purchased it months ago I never really got into it until this weekend, Dead Cells with the Castlevaina DLC. Took a few attempts to finally realize and get the gist of the game flow, but it has its hooks in me now. Must collect all the cells!

Reactions: purbeast0