Good way of online advertising?

olouie

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2001
I need some opinions on online advertising. I currently run a small business that sells imported premium tea online (with some local deliveries also).

We are currently using Google Adwords to advertise, but we wanted to reach a larger audience and were wondering what was the best way to do it.

Of course we are 100% against pop-ups, spamming or other types of annoying ads, so what do you guys think the best way to advertise is? Relative cost should be low to moderate.

Thanks

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
Post your website on popular message boards? ;)

I would find other sites that prospective customers might visit (other tea sites?) and ask them if you can buy advertising space, or maybe do a link exchange.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Ketteringo
Post your website on popular message boards? ;)

I would find other sites that prospective customers might visit (other tea sites?) and ask them if you can buy advertising space, or maybe do a link exchange.

That's what I would do, form partnerships.

Find some tea forums become a regular poster, put the URL along with a small tag line in your sig (within forum rules).

olouie

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2001
Yeah I am looking for some good tea forums, most seem to be lackluster as I guess tea people dont post that much (or at least compared with ATOT =p )

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Try banner ads at sites with educated, well-off readers since most everyone else buys Lipton :disgust:

FARK.com rents out their top banner, you could try it once or twice and see what happens.

Try give-aways of packages at one or two of the most-visited tea sites, and/or becoming a sponsor.

olouie

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2001
FARK.com looks interesting, but I am not sure that that is our target audience. At least looking at the other ads on there it seems the services offered are quite different and more geared tech / humor ;-).

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Pay me $20 and I'll email everyone in my address book to go to your website. :)