Good to know that we tied ourselves down for years and years and years in Iraq so NK could do as they pleased

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
NEWS FLASH North Korea has been working Nuclear weapons since WAY before Bush became President. I don?t not think we can lay the blame for this solely at his feet.

The whole ?he called them the axis of evil? line of thinking is just plain sad. Iran and N Korea have been doing the same things they do now for many many years. Since that speech their actions have not really changed that much.

All Bush did was call them out for what they really are. I guess this upsets so many on the left because they have a problem with identifying evil or placing blame for anyone?s actions on them. ?Oh my god, how can Bush call them evil, that will just make them angry? Lil Kim isn?t evil, he is just misunderstood right?

All this talk about what Bush said reminds me of a nice WW 2 quote from Senator William Borah-"Lord, if I could only have talked with Hitler, all this might have been avoided." ?September 1939, upon hearing that Hitler had invaded Poland

Yea if only we had talked to lil Kim none of this would have happened, some things never change.

As I've said many times in this thread, we called them out, invaded another country on the list, and REFUSED to give them any kind of security guarantee(even though we can't invade). This makes us look unreasonable and gives excuses to NK and now Iran to do as they please.

It's a simple matter of diplomancy, and we've failed without question, it has nothing to do with left and right. Our chief person on this issue John Bolton, is a blowhard, and can't get Congressional approval on his position, now for the second time it looks like a recess appointment. This is in an R controlled Congress.

All of this taken together equals complete embarassment on the world stage, moreso now than at any point previous in my lifetime.