Good Tech Support

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Customer Call Details Oct 16 2007 08:28
Since it's October 16, 2007 it would be nice if you would finally finish the Vista driver and get it properly signed. I've had two blue screens in two days using it so it would appear not to be finished yet.

Enclosed Files:
Belkin Response Oct 16 2007 17:23
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

We understand that you are looking for the drivers to install the wireless card on Windows XP 64 bit Operating system.

We don`t have the drivers for Windows XP 64 bit Operating system on our website as of now. Our engineers are working on it and it might be hosted on our website very soon. We don`t have information on the release date for those drivers.

, if you need further assistance please feel free to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

If you have any other questions or problems you may also call us toll free at 1-800-223-5546. Alternatively, call us on 310 898 1100 Ext. 2263.

Regards,

Amanda Frank
Belkin Technical Support

NOTE: Thank you for choosing Belkin Components.
Please include original email when replying.
belkin@microland.net;SunilVijayan@microland.net

Update: October 21, 2007

It turns out that there is a signed driver for Vista on the CD that comes with the adapter but it also included a note saying that it isn't compatible with Windows Vista for some reason so I never bothered putting it in the drive and trying it. Instead I went to the site and downloaded a beta version that they had.

Driver Date: 7/7/2006
Driver Signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Hello,i r teh enjeneer fore ur driversi m working on tem rite now.

Regards,

Sojoin Alajansi

LOL, look at the Amanda Frank signature, yet look at the name to reply to.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Steve
So what are you going to do now?

The driver dated January 2007 caused three crashes it would work fine for hours and then crash maybe once per day.

I also found an older driver from 11/10/2005 that also installs and I'm trying that one, it hasn't blue screened yet.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
And that's why I don't touch Belkins crap with a 10 metre stick.
Well, no, not really, I won't touch it because it's all utter and complete junk, but this kinda adds to that :)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
A lot of companies don't have XP 64 drivers. It's a special OS and you need to look at the MS compatibility list for hardware.

There's no reason to use a 64 bit OS unless you have something specific that will benefit. Otherwise, you're digging your own hole.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
...did you read the OP Fritzo?

Companies release beta drivers all the time then forget about them. HP is famous for this. Many of their older "Vista Compatible" printers still have crappy beta drivers. A hardware manufacturer has little interest in creating drivers for an older product- it's a money losing operation. They would rather design a new product and have you buy that.

I'll admit I do not know how old the device the OP using is, but if they don't have released Vista drivers by now, it's a good possibility they never will.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Fritzo
A lot of companies don't have XP 64 drivers. It's a special OS and you need to look at the MS compatibility list for hardware.

There's no reason to use a 64 bit OS unless you have something specific that will benefit. Otherwise, you're digging your own hole.

LOL....someone miss their coffee this morning?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Originally posted by: Fritzo

LOL....someone miss their coffee this morning?

Heh...yeah, I'm grouchy over an HR thing at work, but it's true. I've had whole dept's upgrade to X64 OS's for no other reason than thinking they were "power users", then I had to reissue 32 bit licenses back to them because they found out their printers/media readers/finger print scanners/business card scanners/and modems weren't compatible.

People that need a 64 bit OS have apps that are optimized for 64 bit---and you'll know this if you do. Having a lot of gadgets doesn't make you a power user :|

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Originally posted by: 13Gigatons
Originally posted by: Steve
So what are you going to do now?

The driver dated January 2007 caused three crashes it would work fine for hours and then crash maybe once per day.

I also found an older driver from 11/10/2005 that also installs and I'm trying that one, it hasn't blue screened yet.

But are you going to teach them the difference between XP64 and Vista? It sounds like they could use the free training.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
LOL @ her fake American name and then having her real email down at the bottom.

Some companies with call centers allow their employees to use aliases.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Update: October 21, 2007

It turns out that there is a signed driver for Vista on the CD that comes with the adapter but it also included a note saying that it isn't compatible with Windows Vista for some reason so I never bothered putting it in the drive and trying it. Instead I went to the site and downloaded a beta version that they had.

Driver Date: 7/7/2006
Driver Signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher