Good Recipe for Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I bought a killer cookbook and thought I'd share this. I made this stuff last night when I had some peeps up and they went fast.

EDIT
Link to Cookbook for those who PMed me.

20 Large Mushrooms for stuffing

Filling
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 tablesppon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of white wine
3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
1 tablespoon of butter
6 oz of lump crab meat
2 tablespoons of minced parsley
salt and pepper

Sauce
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of butter
1 tablespoon of garlic
salt and pepper

Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
Take the mushrooms and slice off the stalks and set them aside. Put the caps in a decent sized bowl and coat them lightly with olive oil. Set them, cup side up and sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes and drain off any liquid.

While the caps are cooking, finely chop the mushroom stalks and set them aside. Saute the garlic in olive oil until light brown. Add wine, cream, butter, crab meat, and chopped mushroom stalks. Cook until it reduces about 1/2. The mixture shouldn't have a lot of liquid in it by the time it's through cooking. Spoon the crab mixure into the mushroom cups and place back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes. Cook longer if needed.

Sauce:
Saute garlic in the olive oil and add rest of ingredients to create a thick sauce. Drizzle over the mushrooms and be sure to serve hot!

I recommend a good Chardonnay or another favorite White wine. This can be a meal or appettizer. ENJOY!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Storm
What was the name of the cookbook and by whom?
I don't remember the name of it, but the recipe came from a resort somewhere. The cookbook was basically the best recipes from the best resorts....it's the real deal too. Anytime you see a recipe that requires heavy cream... ;)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Anyone got any good mincemeat recipes? <sigh> I miss that old restaurant back in Streetsville, what was it, Winchester Arms? Yummy brit food there...

LordRaiden

Banned
Dec 10, 2002
If you'd like it, I've got a recipe for crab stuffed sea shell pasta. Now THAT is darned good. Almost as good as Paisano. :)

L

Lola

That sounds incredable!
what i like about that recipe is the fact that there is no breadcrumbs or any crappy filler besides the crab and mushrooms!
i cant wait to try this one! thanks!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: cliftonite
does shoprite sell crab meat? :confused:
Lump crab meat can be bought just about anywhere....maybe shoprite does. :p

Be sure that if you get it, you get "pasteurized" crab meat. Also, check the date and make sure that it's got months before it expires if possible. ;)