Good quality futons

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Need to buy a new bed/futon but I don't know what's a good place to buy it from. Any recommendations?

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Probably a furniture store. Big box retailer $100 futons just aren't all that special. I would also check out craigslist. My friends picked up a really nice futon for $150 off there.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
This one from Ikea was pretty nice. Had a thick mattress (6+") and was comfortable. It was 400 bucks though :/

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: alphatarget1
Need to buy a new bed/futon but I don't know what's a good place to buy it from. Any recommendations?

If your looking for something with comfort yet is collapsable you should probably try a sleeper sofa or maybe a daybed with trundle. Good sleeper sofas are expensive and the mattress is quite thin but they have a traditional spring bedframe depending on how much money your've willing to pay. But, futons have a wood frame slats with mostly a thin foam pad serving as the bed. Daybed has a full bed frame almost something you can sleep on every day and it resembles a couch. You can put in a hide away trundle underneath to pull out. Two twins are roughly a King.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
are you going to sleep on it mostly or are you going to use it as a couch and let people sleep on it in a pinch?

in my experience futons aren't all that great as either a couch or a bed.

this looks good, though

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
are you going to sleep on it mostly or are you going to use it as a couch and let people sleep on it in a pinch?

this looks good, though

Looks great, only 1 year warranty though...

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix

this looks good, though

It's true. They suck. We have one in the living room, and it's been our couch for years. However, it matches nothing, isn't good to sit on in the first place, and the "plan" to use it as a bed failed. We're thinking of ways to get rid of it right now cause we want a real couch...