Good power inverter for plane trip?

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Anyone have any experience with nice small inverters? I don't see a plain jane air/car adatper for my laptop yet, and I don't think theres one coming out in the next month.

Right now, I'm looking at this APC Travel power but one of the reviews says it seems to stop working mid-flight.

Any of you guys have any recommendations?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
you have to get a plug for using on the plane and you have to fly on a plane with the service available, you can't just get an inverter like you use in a car and sneak into the toilet and charge your battery

what aircraft are you flying on?

vailr

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Check with your airline. They may have 110V AC outlets, where you could plug in your regular laptop
power adapter. Or some airlines may (?) also have special ~18V DC outlets, specifically designed for
laptops, without the need for converting from DC to AC, then back to DC. Probably more common on
international flights.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I don't see to many airlines that have standard power outlets like you'd have in a car, its usually some extra small one, but even at that they don't seem to have it to often.

Gah, never mind, didn't look at link very well before, if the plane has the connection, that one should work just fine.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Yea, the plane has the little plane plugs, and for those of you who are lazy (me included) the APC one I linked to has a plane plug too.

Just how one of the reviewers said that it shut off for him mid-flight has me worried

I'm flying asiana airlines