Good place to stay in San Francisco (fisherman's wharf preferred???)......

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
So several years ago, the wife and I stayed for one of our early anniversaries at the Radisson at Fisherman's Wharf and that was a good stay. We had flown in, used shuttle here, bike there, walk, trolly, etc. It was just a great location & lots around.

Well, I can't honestly remember what I even paid back then, but that same Radisson is now $259/night WEEKDAYS!!! I'll bite if I have to, but curious if anybody who knows the area well enough has any suggestions to save a few bucks??

TIA!

Key West

Banned
Jan 20, 2010
Stay at a hotel in the borders of SF for $70-100, get a rental for $30/day and discover everywhere while saving money?

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Ya, parking is crazy up there!

Gonna be driving so definitely a consideration. Though if I can just park at whatever hotel we arrive at & never drive until we leave, I'm happy to just get around on foot/trolly/rickshaw the rest of the stay.

Thanks for the tip on the Sheraton. How 'bout the Holiday Inn Express down there?? I looked them up & the one right on the wharf as well as the one down by Ghirardelli both seem a little more reasonable. (under the $200 mark)

:)

Nov 20, 2009
Someone mentioned here not too long ago that SF places of interest is no longer all that its cracked up to be due to a variety of things including economics, panhandlers, crime, etc.

When looking at airfare to fly into SF and places to stay that are nice, the whole trip aspect got depressing and I changed my mind.

Kaieye

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Marina Inn is about a 15-20 walk to the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. Cost is about $75 bucks a night and then save the $$ to eat out at some of SF best restaurants...

Status
Not open for further replies.